Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Danimal"
Quote from: "Bugpac"You better get bailing, its raining in the middle of the state as we speak.... :D

Didn't make it. Got 1.3" of rain. Looks like I'm out 28 rows at about 20-22 bales per row. Got to get it off now so second cut can grow!

Been there done that more than once. Don't know if it'll help, but one way that makes it easy to pick up is. Take the twine out of the needles so you don't tie the bales and go run the hay through the baler. The flakes re a lot easier to pick up than loose hay.

Thanks for the idea. I may just bale it anyway. I've got a neighbor that round bales and the cows will eat it as well. I can get it chopped, too.

At least the weather cleared up in the afternoon and my nephew's grad party was a success. It was ugly there for a while! Now we can return to our regularly schedule summer already in progress!

phat rat

:D[/quote]

Thanks for the idea. I may just bale it anyway. I've got a neighbor that round bales and the cows will eat it as well. I can get it chopped, too.

[/quote]

Does this comment mean you have horses?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

I'm going to continue to build the "K" crossmember for the trans mount for the Jeepster so I can get it off of the wood blocks and out from underneath the chain hoist. I've got it all test fit and tacked together and out and finish welded. Now I've got about 1/2# of welidng rod to grind off of it so that it looks finished. The engine is paralell to the center line but about 1/4" to the right. I want to be able to roll the Jeepster foreward in the garage so I have room next to the big door  to stack everything that is going to the HAMB Cinematic Swap Meet next weekend. I have two rear axels, one tube front axel with spindles and brakes and a bunch of assorted other parts but I can't load the stuff yet and I want to keep it covered and out of the way. The truck will have to serve it's compost pile duty because I'll have to mow and weed today and tomorrow. It will have to be cleaned out by tuesday because it will have to make the rescue grand daughter trip for the start of our annual "Grammy Camp". Somehow the truck will get loaded between wednesday and friday night so I can have some freedom (almost, I'll have the grand son") at the Swap Meet. I'll have to do most of my typing before tuesday night because I'm sure the computor will be tied up with "Barbie" and "My Space" stuff after that. GPster

Danimal

Quote from: "phat rat"
Does this comment mean you have horses?

Nope, Angora and Dairy Goats. We raise the Angora's for the mohair. My wife is a hand spinner and she does custom dying of wool and mohair roving for other hand spinners, felters, weavers, and such. We peaked out at 82 goats this summer, 32 babies this spring. Most of the babies have been sold and we've used the others as replacements for the aged or not so terrific ones. The dairy ones produce the milk for the bottle babies and for soap ingredients.

Cleaning up the camper to go to Michigan 4H Livestock Camp in Coldwater. They are getting hammered with storms right now so I need to button down for the drive over!

Danimal

Hay is all up!! Finally.

Not getting much done this weekend on the truck. Got a broken hay baler and a business trip. Plan is to be back on Thursday afternoon so over the 4th I'm planning to get to Enjenjo's place for some parts for the Sedan Delivery and work on cutting the inner fender wells for the '54. Then finish plumbing and wiring. July is packed with the Lenawee County Fair in Adrian over the week of July 20 then I'll have another cutting of hay to do!!

Busy busy busy. I really need to get the barn set up with a good workshop so I can fix stuff in the winter and not the summer!! :D

GPster

Well, my grand son backed out of the Swap Meet. It looks like the only company I'll have on the trip down is the CHECK ENGINE light. The truck is loaded and ready to go. I hope everything Goes.............well GPster

chimp koose

I'll be shingling the garage roof if it stops raining!

EMSjunkie

I took a little road trip over to Borger TX, about 60 mi north east of Amarillo and met Rich Guzman. he is an RRT'er from Houston who has been relocated up here :D
Super nice guy, very talented.
nice meetin' ya Rich, stay in touch Bro. 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

msuguydon

The ole.. TUNA boat got some new clothes... *, she is starting to turn into a pretty sharp car.. not bad for an old scow

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

msuguydon

msuguydon

UGLY OLDS

YEOW  :!:  :!:  Thats RAY-ED  :!:  :!:   Neat interior Don...Looks good...Isn't that the kind of interior that Cindy Clark goes all nutty over ??? :shock:  :shock:  8)  :lol:

Hey..Did you ever come to your senses & decide not to move to Florida  :?:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

My son and I went to the NSRA meet in Pueblo. The show was fine. The food was fine. The weather was great. I'm back in the garage working on dies for the bead roller. I didn't like the first set so I'm changing some things on the next. I listed the last(?) of the stuff for sale on ebay. I've done this the last 3 weeks. I may be out of the junk business. If you don't count the hotrods and cycles.
TEAM SMART

reborn55

Had a * poor weekend--got a call Friday morning that good friend had passed away.  Had been in the hospital for about 2 months.  Was in rehab and thought he was going to make it but didn't.  Fourth friend to pass in the last 14 months.  Had a nice memorial service, 20 street machines in the procession.  His wife is not taking it too well--married for 45 years and still a  young couple.  Kinda put a damper on weekend activities.  Later