Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

I also did some kitbashing and started another model car project.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

chopped

Car show at a Dragstrip yesterday. Made a couple passes and took home a trophy. Fastest reaction time, .000 sure I'll never match that again!

moose

Continuing on the chassis construction for my A Coupe. Slow gonig but making progress. Starting the Kmembers today.

GPster

Well the Jeepster and the S15 are one pile now. Because I didn't want the body to sway-back I clipped the Jeepster farme at the firewall and pulled the rear end and suspension. So there's an extra set of frame rails in the middle. Hopefully that will make it easier for me to design body mounts. When I had to go outside to get a measurement I would forget what I measured by the time I got back in the garage. I find it hard to do my projects with help because I don't like to waste anyone's time and everybody works faster than me. When we got it together and pushed back in the garage I felt like I had my day in. So it will have to wait until tomorrow for me to look at it and convince myself I have problems. Nap time, GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"Well the Jeepster and the S15 are one pile now. Because I didn't want the body to sway-back I clipped the Jeepster farme at the firewall and pulled the rear end and suspension. So there's an extra set of frame rails in the middle. Hopefully that will make it easier for me to design body mounts. When I had to go outside to get a measurement I would forget what I measured by the time I got back in the garage. I find it hard to do my projects with help because I don't like to waste anyone's time and everybody works faster than me. When we got it together and pushed back in the garage I felt like I had my day in. So it will have to wait until tomorrow for me to look at it and convince myself I have problems. Nap time, GPster

Joe we need pics.. Sounds like your coming along good..
Dave. :wink:  :arrow:

Dave

ok so I woke up thinking *.. I need a door to the master cylinder.. Ok done deal..
I also worked on the rolled pan I purchased to use to take up space at the gas tank area cause of the poor body I have.. (although its not poor anymore  )Its gonna take a little work but it will work.  Its not a matter of life and death (tomslick) but id like it better finished off like a pro build  :!:  :idea:  :!:  :idea: So anyway its in progress. It rained a while today and its is sure a long winter here and i want go drive this thing .. Its ready.. I still want to sell it though too.. My plan is sell it , add on to the garage look for another project (really cheap one that will make money) and just enjoy the summer.. Thats the plan anyway..

Fuzzy

Quote from: "GPster"Well the Jeepster and the S15 are one pile now. Because I didn't want the body to sway-back I clipped the Jeepster farme at the firewall and pulled the rear end and suspension. So there's an extra set of frame rails in the middle. Hopefully that will make it easier for me to design body mounts. When I had to go outside to get a measurement I would forget what I measured by the time I got back in the garage. I find it hard to do my projects with help because I don't like to waste anyone's time and everybody works faster than me. When we got it together and pushed back in the garage I felt like I had my day in. So it will have to wait until tomorrow for me to look at it and convince myself I have problems. Nap time, GPster

Hell,I didn't think anybody worked slower than I do. :roll: Too bad we don't live closer to each other,we could team up and maybe get the work done one normal person,like Dave. :wink:  :wink:

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

GPster

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Hell,I didn't think anybody worked slower than I do. :roll: Too bad we don't live closer to each other,we could team up and maybe get the work done one normal person,like Dave.:wink::wink:Fuzz
Because of a head (among other things) injury years ago I look at everything two different ways (left eye, right eye). When I started building this project I built it for the way I used to drive. When I started driving again I realized I needed power for things like steering and brakes. This car is now on it's second frame, third transmission and forth engine in the last twelve years and it still hasn't made it out of my back yard. GPster

phat rat

Fuzzy, I didn't realize you'd never met Dave :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"Fuzzy, I didn't realize you'd never met Dave :lol:

Boy you guys are hard on me lately...
Dave :roll:

phat rat

We try, but not too hard as it's really pretty easy with you. :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

39deluxe

I finally got my collection of parts all together into one complete power steering system. The belt even lines up and it has fluid in it without leaks. I put the new battery tray in but 2 holes don't line up. They will need a little porting to fix that. I'll do that yet tonight and get my radiator ready to take to the shop for checking and cleaning. I also got the transmission modulator line installed but haven't decided on the kickdown setup yet. The Lokor setup with the switch mounted on the trans pan rail looks like the easiest to do and also the cleanest install. (THM400)

I'm getting so close to firing this thing up that I checked my fire extinguishers to see if they are charged.  :wink:

enjenjo

I assembled the alternator for my Buick today The pulleys you see are powder coated, almost look like chrome.

A couple pictures of the 36 too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

That looks great. I should do that to mine. How well do you think that the powder coating will hold up in the grooves where the belt runs?

Tom

enjenjo

No experience with the chrome, but the black holds up good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.