Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

After shooting pics in the garage, the car was loaded on the trailer (hey it's a '60s showcar!) and taken to a studio for the pro to do a magazine cover shoot. ;)

The paint doesn't show at it's best in photos but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, as it changes depending on how the light hits it.  The base is white primer and colour started as Testors Lime Green Pearl, decanted from spray-can and mixed with my own blend of gold metalflake and red pearl powder.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Nice work Carps that is sweet.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

purplepickup

Quote from: "Carps"Since I finally got this thing done last weekend, I figured some of you might like to see how it turned out.

Thanks Carps.  That shop is absolutely remarkable!  What detail!

Be careful, you might morph into a little plastic guy that hangs out in there.....if you haven't already :wink:
George

GPster

The plan was to put the Jeepster "Tub" on the S15 chassis this weekend. The closer I get the more scared I become. This weekend was planed because I have stay-over relatives for help. Their schedules have one today (in the rain) and one tomorrow and only both on Sunday morning (rain predicted). I "Over - Engineered" the arbor for holding up flowers but I'm wondering if it is under-engineered for the body hoist. I'll proceed cautiously but there is a cerain need to get this accomplished. The picnic table need to come out of winter storage. GPster

kb426

I get to break down both front wheels. The valve stems have started leaking. The ac line kit has arrived so I'm out of excuses to work on "my wife's ac".  :lol:
TEAM SMART

Grandadeo

Just got my new 265-75-15 Diamondback Wide Whites mounted for the back of the '32.  Guess I'll use this opportunity to give the wheel wells and frame behind the tires a good cleaning while they're off.  Then maybe take in a Cruise Night tonight or a small antique meet in Vero Beach tommorrow.  My son wanted to do the Daytona Swap in the morning but I need to stay close to home and work in some more garage painting.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave

Well im going to see Mike tomorrow so i worked in the garage a bit tonite.. I fired the car and the fast idle seemed way high still so i cranked more out of it . Ive actually got it as low as it will go as far as the screw is concerned so ill fire it cold tomorrow and see what happens.. If worse comes to worse ill disable the choke  but i really didnt want to do that. I was hoping this holley would be better than the edlebrock i had on it but time will tell i guess.. I changed out the ignition switch too to the old one that when you shut off the car it shut off :D .. I played with the baffles on the bike and it looks like the new mufflers have the 1 3/4 baffles also so I should be good to go there just change em out tomorrow.. It got to 38 today but felt like 32 .. By monday its supposed to * near 60 but then creep down for the weekend.. I just talked to my son and asked him if he wanted to fly to homestead for the irl race tomorrow we decided we would watch it on tv..
Dave.... :wink:  :arrow:

papastoyss

Gonna move my 40 coupe project from the redneck carport to the shop bld. & unload it to see what good parts came with the car & make a preliminary list of what is missing. Earl Schieb & I are going to the Charlotte swap meet next weekend , maybe I'll find some goodies there.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

reborn55

Got the ragtop fired up today--have heat---no coolant leaks so far.  Stillhave to charge a/c and a few minor adjustments.  Any luck will take it for a spin tomorrow.

alchevy

I didn't mention that my girlfriend has a 40'x60' shop. Right now half of it is one open space 30'x40' with a large roll-up door. The other half is a barn for her 4 horses. My '40 Chevy is over there now. On Saturday we will go get some feed for the horses and then we're taking one of the horses over to a friend of her's. Going to try out the towing pkg on my '07 Silverado.
On Friday I sold the '81 Chevy Stepside Pickup to a local person. So my driveway only has two vehicles in it. I can actually fit both of them in the carport! The Silverado and the HHR. Looks weird coming home to not as many cars.
I haven't gotten emotional over the '81 being sold yet. It was my first vehicle! Had it for almost 27 years. But it was time for someone else to take it and make it their's.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat rat

Quote from: "40chevy"I didn't mention that my girlfriend has a 40'x60' shop. Right now half of it is one open space 30'x40' with a large roll-up door. The other half is a barn for her 4 horses. My '40 Chevy is over there now. On Saturday we will go get some feed for the horses and then we're taking one of the horses over to a friend of her's. Going to try out the towing pkg on my '07 Silverado.
On Friday I sold the '81 Chevy Stepside Pickup to a local person. So my driveway only has two vehicles in it. I can actually fit both of them in the carport! The Silverado and the HHR. Looks weird coming home to not as many cars.
I haven't gotten emotional over the '81 being sold yet. It was my first vehicle! Had it for almost 27 years. But it was time for someone else to take it and make it their's.
AL

She hasn't broke it to you yet that that open space is only open until it's filled with hay and feed, huh. LOL I used to raise horses, spent more on them then I have on cars. 25 years ago the trailer I had listed at $15,000
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

reborn55

Got the ragtop off the jack stands and out the door.  Didn't do too bad--not real noisy for a convertible.  Had to take the rallys off--wrong back spacing on the rear and they rub once in awhile.  Oh well--will have to put the rodlites back on.  got to buy bigger front tires first.   have to adjust modulator to get comfortable shift point.  almost ready to sell.

alchevy

Quote from: "phat rat"
She hasn't broke it to you yet that that open space is only open until it's filled with hay and feed, huh. LOL I used to raise horses, spent more on them then I have on cars. 25 years ago the trailer I had listed at $15,000

Actually she is building a new barn for the horses and the 40x60 building will have an apartment in one end one of these days (further on down the road when we get married. We're not engaged yet, but just planning on what we want to do) and the rest of the open area will be all mine to have as a shop. When we get married, we will live in the apartment while building a house. So we are coming up with some clever ideas on how to use the apartment after we get into the new house. After seeing several ideas on the RRT of the shops ya'll have come up with, we have a neat one in mind. We visited one in North Mississippi the other day that had an old storefront inside it.

The inside wall (standing in the open area) will look like an old gas station. We will relocate a small roll-up door to go where it will look like a bay to work on cars like it would of been in an old gas station. Maybe put some old gas pumps in front. Behind the small roll-up door will be the perfect spot to park a hot rod of some type.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Finished up the 36 cabriolet today, he is coming to pick it up monday. 52 hours for steering, brakes, shift linkage, and a basic wire job. Now it goes for getting the rest of the sheet metal hung.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

A buddy asked if I could paint some toolboxes for a local bike show, so I got stuck in and this is what came out.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.