Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well I have the kids ranger pikup in the garage for brakes all the way around and its got 2 pin holes in the differential cover :x Ive got to try and mig them closed just so he can get it home and get a cover ordered.. Ive also got the step daughter and grand daughter coming in from Ft wayne and the exhaust is falling off her car and of course she has no money so guess who's fixing this one  :idea: .. Kids.. I just hope the stuff didnt break off the cat but if i was a betting guy :?:  :?:  :?: .. Ive got most everything done that needs to be done right now on the roadster and was really looking forward to a bit of a break but that aint gonna happen this weekend.. Sue told me she had a 100 bucks set aside and wanted to know if that would be enuff to fix the exhaust :?:  :roll: hell i havent even seen it yet but I told her prolly not  :lol:  :lol:  Oh well im alive  :ha)  );b( ...
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

Hope you got your snow shovel handy, south of i-94 calling for 6-12"... In like a lamb out like a lion... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"Hope you got your snow shovel handy, south of i-94 calling for 6-12"... In like a lamb out like a lion... :D

Ive heard various reports.. we will see what happens.. gotta get the kids cars fixed so i have no time for shoveling snow..

Grandadeo

Going to BilletProof in Ocala about 5AM tomorrow morning.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk":lol:  Oh well im alive  :ha)  );b( .Dave :wink:  :arrow:
That's the best advice to start the weekend, and it's a day early. It's great when we can get down to the basics. Some of those Ranger rear ends have plastic third member covers which makes them hard to weld. Might end up using a combination of fender washers and rubber pieces held on both sides of the hole with a bolt through the hole. AND PLENTY OF SILICON SEALANT. THe plastic tends to warp with age and tightning the bolts more just brakes the covers next to the bolt holes. The one on my Ranger leaked and we tried to fix it right(?). We found out it had been glued on before  and all we could do is carefully cut the glue to get it off. We cleaned off the excess glue, tried to get it warm enough to over-come the warping, and glued (siliconed) it back on. We let it sit overnight before installing lubricant to give the silicone time to set on the inside edge too. How you fix this can be your next secret. Frank's little junk trailer has a Ranger rear end under it. If the tires "blow" maybe he'll part it out and you can get a cover there. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk":lol:  Oh well im alive  :ha)  );b( .Dave :wink:  :arrow:
That's the best advice to start the weekend, and it's a day early. It's great when we can get down to the basics. Some of those Ranger rear ends have plastic third member covers which makes them hard to weld. Might end up using a combination of fender washers and rubber pieces held on both sides of the hole with a bolt through the hole. AND PLENTY OF SILICON SEALANT. THe plastic tends to warp with age and tightning the bolts more just brakes the covers next to the bolt holes. The one on my Ranger leaked and we tried to fix it right(?). We found out it had been glued on before  and all we could do is carefully cut the glue to get it off. We cleaned off the excess glue, tried to get it warm enough to over-come the warping, and glued (siliconed) it back on. We let it sit overnight before installing lubricant to give the silicone time to set on the inside edge too. How you fix this can be your next secret. Frank's little junk trailer has a Ranger rear end under it. If the tires "blow" maybe he'll part it out and you can get a cover there. GPster

Ahh but you can weld plastic Joe I just dont have the equipment for it  :!: We ultrasonic weld plastic fuel valves at work.. I think ill just use the Mig on this one cause Ive never seen plastic rust before and i scraped about 1/2 a pound off the cover last night... Hopefully I can just lightly hit both hole and be done with it.. It only has to go 27 miles after were done then my son can get a new cover and put it on at his apartment. He wanted me to help with the brakes all around so thats why I have it .. I think the rears kinda scare him  :?:

enjenjo

QuoteFrank's little junk trailer has a Ranger rear end under it. If the tires "blow" maybe he'll part it out and you can get a cover there. GPster

It would be tough, it has a cut down house trailer axle under it. that is about the 5th body on that trailer. the frame is a 62 F100.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Working on the '40 this weekend. I started to fit the new w/s glass about Monday and it was still a little big. Trimmed the patterns again and they work, so off to the glass shop on Tuesday. Haven't heard back yet So, pulled the front seats out so that I could put in some new sound deadener and carpet. While I was at it I pulled the B&M ratchet shifter out and removed the tranny cover so I can install a Lokar shifter I won a couple years ago at Knoxville. So, I claeaned up the floor and noticed the f-glass repairs on the pass floor where it meets the sill area were lifting...not my repairs - came with the car 29 years ago. Chiseled that stuff out and cut away 2 to 5" strip of floor from door jamb to door jamb and then removed the inner rocker that had become...shall we say, light-weight. During that time I also repaired fatigued seat bolt holes on the same side. Hopefully I will get some new back side rockers made and start getting them in tomorrow. If I'm lucky I can finish the pass. side by Monday. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow.

Poor old car is wearing out. Oh well, it's not like I've driven the lips right off it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

chimp koose

I started to put mini bearclaw latches in the anglia yesterday.Got mine from Rocky hinges, nice guy to ask about the latches as he has an anglia also.I also ordered fenders and hood in fiberglass last week,parts should be here in a couple weeks.Maybe I should get on that new years resolution and learn to post pix here.

kb426

Yesterday was the beginning of the weekend for me. I pulled the floor of the deuce again and rerouted the wires to the 02 sensors. While everything was out, I changed my speaker mounts under the seat. They're better but not perfect. Until I have a better idea, I'm done with them. It's time to measure the ac lines and get that bought and completed. The weather won't be real nice here so I don't know if I'll heat the garage or be a bum.
TEAM SMART

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Working on the '40 this weekend. I started to fit the new w/s glass about Monday and it was still a little big. Trimmed the patterns again and they work, so off to the glass shop on Tuesday. Haven't heard back yet So, pulled the front seats out so that I could put in some new sound deadener and carpet. While I was at it I pulled the B&M ratchet shifter out and removed the tranny cover so I can install a Lokar shifter I won a couple years ago at Knoxville. So, I claeaned up the floor and noticed the f-glass repairs on the pass floor where it meets the sill area were lifting...not my repairs - came with the car 29 years ago. Chiseled that stuff out and cut away 2 to 5" strip of floor from door jamb to door jamb and then removed the inner rocker that had become...shall we say, light-weight. During that time I also repaired fatigued seat bolt holes on the same side. Hopefully I will get some new back side rockers made and start getting them in tomorrow. If I'm lucky I can finish the pass. side by Monday. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow.

Poor old car is wearing out. Oh well, it's not like I've driven the lips right off it.

Charlie

Charlie, did you ever find that hood trim you were looking for?  I've kept an eye out but with no luck yet.
B
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Charlie Chops 1940

Bryan,

Yes, I finally got one on eBay a while back. Forgot to let you know. Memory issues....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

Here's a couple pics that show the repairs I've started on the floor and rockers on the '40.

A Hooligan!

Dave

Well its Friday again and we awoke to some more snow and about an hour ride to work .. Snow ice and black ice .. Saw one roll over and a few in the ditches.. I love michigan..  :twisted: I dont know what im doing yet this evening. Were prolly going to see the brother in law but we dont know yet where he is gonna be.. Being friday and out of the house im sure ill get conned into dinner out.. Last night I got the hood tops back on and for now im just using a bungy cord to hold em down till I come up with a real nice plan to hold em. They look good all primed to match the rest of the car.. I stopped and picked up the new mufflers for the bike yesterday to replace the scratched ones and it looks like im going to have to change baffles cause im pretty sure these are 2 inch and mine are 1 3/4. No biggie just a little more fooling around.. Im really down to the end on the roadster and im glad. Ive got to change out the ignition switch this weekend and just go over what little things arent done yet and make a to do list and get r done.. I did mess with the fast idle on the new replacement Holley last night and I had to crank it way down but its better and should be fine.. Oh ya i got my insurance renewal for the bike yesterday and it went from 480 and some change to 671  :?: I called my agent and he is gonna work on a better rate.. I told him im still riding no matter but I thought that was a little high..
Dave :arrow:

Carps

I guess the question is:  Am I late for last week or early for this week?

Since I finally got this thing done last weekend, I figured some of you might like to see how it turned out.  Now I guess I need to get stuck in and finish the model A coupe in the corner of the shed..

A few kits died to build this one.  Engine is the blown Olds from Roth's Beatnik Bandit.  Rear wheels and tyres from little Coffin, Rear axle from 'The Parts Box' front axle & 4 bar from Scale Dreams, used the disc brakes that came with them on the rear axle.

Front wheels and tyres I picked up at Pagasus Hobbies, unknown brand and I can't find anything an any kit that matches them.

The exhaust headers were on the Beatnik Bandit chrome tree, but are not used in that kit.  To make them fit, I had to modify the flanges so they mount to the engine opposite to how they were originally designed.  The scoops on the carbs are from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland.  Getting the headlamps to sit right on the stands was a total pain.  In the end I used epoxy, waited for it to become almost set and then sat them in place, seems to have done the job.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.