Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: msuguydonWell after doing a "boat" load of honey do's getting ready for an open house today... I took the Tuna Boat to my buddies shop.......... we got the exhaust tips welded in place and a new oar for me to row the boat!!!!!

Zoomie exhaust tips  :!:  :!:  8)  :wink:

Bob..
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

I like it don... You yuppie you  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

jaybee

Yesterday afternoon I started changing head gaskets on the wife's DD.  Things went pretty well until I twistd off a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter.  After a trip to Sears this afternoon when the mall opened back to it again.  Internally everything looks good, should have it ready to go back together quickly.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Dave

Well its friday i think.. I missed wednesday with the flu so im kinda off a day i guess.. I have no plans for the weekend. The weather is gonna be crappy again so ill prolly play in the garage a bit but no real plans to do anything.. Ive had 1 offer on the roadster but thats a no go .. Im sure ill find something to do...

Bugpac

Im scrapping out a 32' motor home, had it sitting for about 8 yrs now, gutted the majority of the inside yesterday, and at 200.00 per ton for steel, and .85 per lb for aluminum, i really hated to have some junker come get it for 200.00....The side walls are all aluminum studs and siding...:D  Rainy crappy weather up here right now...I posted a 460 ford and c6 trans over at the hamb for sale, anyone here that is local interested, 350.00 and its all yours... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"Im scrapping out a 32' motor home, had it sitting for about 8 yrs now, gutted the majority of the inside yesterday, and at 200.00 per ton for steel, and .85 per lb for aluminum, i really hated to have some junker come get it for 200.00....The side walls are all aluminum studs and siding...:D  Rainy crappy weather up here right now...I posted a 460 ford and c6 trans over at the hamb for sale, anyone here that is local interested, 350.00 and its all yours... :D

Did you sell that roadster body ?
Dave

Bugpac

All i am going to say, Is there is a bunch of tire kickers around lately... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

alchevy

We're off to the Bunny Run car show today through Sunday in Jackson, TN. I will have a booth setup for Cruisin' Style magazine there.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Fast.Fords

I'm just going to spend the weekend in the shop trying to get everybody else's stuff done so maybe I can get something of my own done and running this summer!!!!!
  Drag racing starts the first weekend in May, got a little bit of work to do, but not a whole lot.  Think we're going to set the engine in one evening next week, then nothing left to do but set the valves and load it up with a fresh batch of E-90 and go put it on the dyno for a quick tune up....  Think two pulls on the chassis dyno equals about 10 passes at the track for getting the tune up right!!!!  Sure is easy to get spoiled!!!!

EMSjunkie

I have to work.......so no hotrod fun :cry:

y'all keep it safe out there 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Well all done for today.. I got a couple things done like cleaning the bike and I pulled the panel id made for the firewall in the roadster and cut a hole in it for the gas pedal arm. I wasnt getting full throttle and i knew that but i decided to do other things and fix it later.. Today was later  :!:  :lol: After i got that done I made a spacer to go under the pedal mount so the pedal wouldnt bottom out on the floor as that was limiting full throttle also.. Im still not 100% after that * flu the other day so im just tinkering and going slowly... Tomorrow ill vacuum the thing and look for something else to do on it..  :? .. Its looking good though and so is the scooter.. Im gonna watch part of the nascrap race tonite and ive got a couple motorcycle bling bling books to look at.. Im thinking the bike needs more chrome :?: Gonna snow tonite and tomorrow morning.. !@#$%^&&*(*

hotrodbob

Last week I drove to Del Mar for Goodguys friday morning. The coupe did fine. 3 hours in rush hour traffic home that evening and and later to Bob's Bigboy in Burbank for cruz night.

Sunday I took the coupe out again just to go get a burger. All went well until I pulled in the garage and shut it off. Just as I was about to close the garage door I haer a "POOOF" and the the sound of water going every where. My 50 year old radiator finally gave up at one of the seems.

Pulled it out and had it rodded out and resoldered up. Installed it Friday night and Saturday cruzed it. Run just like old again. Sunday will allow me to work on other cars... My latest passion is slot cars.. I can have a duce coupe for less then $40.. or whatever else I want and I can race 'em too.

Here is my latest. 1959 Rambler Surf Wagon

Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

Grandadeo

Humm... Where did I stash all that old slot car stuff?  Might be an alternative to the same old parking lot cruise nights - slot car cruise nights out in the garage and have the guys over.  Thanks Bob, another thing to distract me from working on the panel truck.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

kb426

I'm a slot car fan. No place to use them around here. If I had space, I'd build a track.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Well iw worked in the house most of the day > its too late to get to danimals.. I did get a little time with the wife in the garage  :wink:  We touched up the brakes on the roadster. I had the right front working better than the left front. Ill try to get a ride this week and see if it helped. I did bleed em with the body off using a bungee cord around the tie rod  :!:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: