Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well new plan.. Its saturday im sitting here having coffee and sue doesnt want to go to detroit today.. We have both been pretty busy all week and she needs to clean the house :?: Guys I married the white tornado  :lol:  :lol: Were gonna rise early again tomorrow and decide if we want to make the trip or not.. Im gonna detail the harley today i guess.. I dont know why the bike shop cant do that for me but then again if they did id just do it over :P
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

I can probbaly go tomorow, but if i do im going first thing...Headed out now to port huron, to do a little roll cage bending... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"I can probbaly go tomorow, but if i do im going first thing...Headed out now to port huron, to do a little roll cage bending... :D

Check and see what time they open leonard.. Or i will.. Im thinking its about 11 tomorrow.. Call me later if your going. ok they open at 10

sirstude

Small car show north of here today that a friend of mine and I are going to.  Probably try to do some work on my son's house when I get back, and then tomorrow I am going down to my friend's shop to paint some more pieces that I forgot when I painted the engine.  Sure will be nice when I get a bunch of parts on the car and off the floor

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

Well its sunday.. I didnt hear from Bugpac so im heading to the garage again today.. I just made a change on the roadster yesterday. I ordered some different valve covers and breathers and an air cleaner that are more in tune with the theme im after.. Oh ya it was a hell of a deal too. These are ribbed instead of the smooth stuff ive got on it now..  So my way if thinking was (although I dont really worry about gas prices and they jumped a bunch the other day) Gas for the ride to and from.. Tickets and parking and possibly coat check.. Drinks (ya got to have a little fun  :lol: ) More drinks and a big meal in greek Town..  Total..... Prolly over a hundred bucks easy.. So thats a hundred towards the new stuff and ive looked at the pics on the HAMB anyway... :D  :D Seems im pretty lazy this weekend anyway but I did manage to get the bike detailed yesterday and ive got a couple more things id like to do to that and the car today so my time is gonna be well spent in the garage again..... Im still waiting for spring though.. I think Bill stole it and he wont give it back.. :cry:
Dave
oh ya if anyone needs some center bolt smooth valve covers with matching air cleaner and breathers ill give ya a hell of a deal..

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"Well its sunday.. I didnt hear from Bugpac so im heading to the garage again today.. I just made a change on the roadster yesterday. I ordered some different valve covers and breathers and an air cleaner that are more in tune with the theme im after.. Oh ya it was a hell of a deal too. These are ribbed instead of the smooth stuff ive got on it now..  So my way if thinking was (although I dont really worry about gas prices and they jumped a bunch the other day) Gas for the ride to and from.. Tickets and parking and possibly coat check.. Drinks (ya got to have a little fun  :lol: ) More drinks and a big meal in greek Town..  Total..... Prolly over a hundred bucks easy.. So thats a hundred towards the new stuff and ive looked at the pics on the HAMB anyway... :D  :D Seems im pretty lazy this weekend anyway but I did manage to get the bike detailed yesterday and ive got a couple more things id like to do to that and the car today so my time is gonna be well spent in the garage again..... Im still waiting for spring though.. I think Bill stole it and he wont give it back.. :cry:
Dave
oh ya if anyone needs some center bolt smooth valve covers with matching air cleaner and breathers ill give ya a hell of a deal..

Sorry dave, I didnt get home till around 12:30 last night, Didnt figure it was a good time to call... :D Anyhow, Im with you, I think i am going to pass as well... :D Hope everyone has fun at the show...Maybe next time..
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

kb426

I managed to get sick. I spent most of yesterday laying around coughing and blowing my nose. Today isn't starting out any better.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"I managed to get sick. I spent most of yesterday laying around coughing and blowing my nose. Today isn't starting out any better.

Thats what you get from riding around on the scooter with a tank top on yelling them guys are just jealous of me....
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Hey I hope it aint too bad bill there is a lot of crud going around..
Dave

Carps

Went for a drive, visited pals, got nothing done!  None of us got anything done, but we had a good time doing it.

Got up early today and prepared to head for the saltmines when SWMBO stuck her head out the bedroom door and asked why I was up at 5:00am on the Labour Day Holiday.

See what I mean about you guys being amatuers when it comes to stoopid?   :oops:

Again got nuthin done unless you count editing a few more hours of last years vacation video footage.  One day I'll even get some copies sent out.   :roll:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

pvcerod

Quote from: "Carps"

Again got nuthin done unless you count editing a few more hours of last years vacation video footage.  One day I'll even get some copies sent out.   :roll:

Yeh! that would be good.........I'm dying of Old Age here back in OZ waiting for my Copies :P  :roll:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Happy Cruzin
Steve

Dave

Well 2 times around the block in the roadster fore i remembered there wasnt any water in the radiator  :(D) I guess when i fill it up ill find out if there were any problems.. Im thinnin there was maybe a gallon in there  );b( .. What a dumb *.... :ha) I took the bike around the block too but it was the short block.. It ran good the roadster  :?:  :?:  :?: Well it doesnt drive like the coupe but ive got time.. The good part was it didnt crank hard or anything after i got back to the house so i dont think its hurt other than maybe wore out  :D  :D .. Good ol used 305 );b( so the plan was race home from work and prime the hood tops (epoxy and hi fill) and thats done but it was so nice i got side tracked and had to go for a ride  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .. Sue said did you hurt it and i replied i hope so .. (insert new crate engine here) .
Gonna be 40 tomorrow and 42 sunday and we may run to the open house in auburn indiana for the race car museum.. Other than that I was still gonna flush the cooling system on the car
:(D)  :(D)  :(D)

kb426

I've got the 32 in the garage up on blocks. I've got the seat out which should make installing the speakers easier. I'm pulling the floor mat up and seeing if I can find out why I have some voltage coming out of the computer and going to the vss. I had to run new wires to get the speedo to work properly some time ago. I need to see if I can reroute a few wires in the kick panel area. I'm afraid with time they might rub a hole in them. I'm going backwards for a bit. I'm not planing on being sick anymore. It won't be above 50 here so I won't be tempted to play outside as much.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Well its sunday already.. Guess im gonna run for more oil and a filter for the roadster and fill sue's car with fuel then run it thru the car wash then ill have the engine warm enuff to change the oil.. If i really get energetic ill run the truck thru the car wash later.. If im lucky ill have time to work on the roadster today too..

Dave

What a day.. Time to relax.. got sue's oil changed and filled with gas and washed.. I was messing with the roadster and i wouldnt run anymore  :?:  :?:  :?: My egay inline bosch fuel pump quit so while i was out running around i bought a new Mr Gasket inline pump and washed the truck.. Then I had to make modifications to mount the new pump and to use a real inline filter instead of the one they sell with the pump but it all came out well and the car runs again and not too bad either.. I did do a compression check this morning and ive got 1 weak cylinder  :?:  :?: All the others are the same .. I guess ill just run the sumbitch till it xplodes  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: After all the workj I did today i decided to fix the wrinkles in the top on the roadster.. Another 2 hours and using small vise grips to pull the top material i got the top in pretty good shape.. I just dont have enuff finger strength to pull the material tight but i can do it with tools and im kinda doubtful that anyone else could do it and get it tight either.. Anyhoo.. looks * en.............

ps: happy saint pattys day .. The holiday for beginners..  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

reborn55

was able to almost get my a/c installed, got dash almost finished--seems everything is almost finished.  so just in case it never gets finished, I fired up the 55 chevy--what a sweet sound--always ready to go--don't know why I bother with other stuff.  Oh well.