Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well kids its friday :lol: I was in a class all day at work for lean manufacturing so im kinda lazy tonite . I think ill just relax :!: Tomorrow im gonna work on the trunk of the roadster. It needs to be carpeted. I may run to the parts store and get some coolong system flush so I can do that this weekend also.. Im gonna be running a bit to the funeral home so im not gonn a get as much done as i thought but i will get more done.. I was gonna get the hood ready and prime cause sunday and monday was going to be nice enuff to roll the roadster and the tool boxes outside but that aint gonna happen now.  Lots of time yet and still winter here anyway..
Dave :lol:

enjenjo

I have all the Buick parts out for powder coating, so I started on another project this week, a 35 Ford Cabriolet. Steering, brakes, and radiator. Should keep me busy for a few days.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

I'm still trying to figure out how many bars it takes to make a trianglulated 4-bar suspension work..... :?    :(D)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

GPster

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I'm still trying to figure out how many bars it takes to make a trianglulated 4-bar suspension work..... :?    :(D)
If you do the first bar right you won't need any more. GPster  (Charter member :team Smart Azz"

reborn55

been working on this--trying to get it on the ground for the Bunny run

Dave

Quote from: "reborn55"been working on this--trying to get it on the ground for the Bunny run

Nice car.. Looks like today im gonna try the cooling system flush on the roadster and wash Sue's car .. I need to find someone to tig weld my tailpipes and then ill be about ready to go. I worked on small stuff yesterday so ive still got to make the panels for the trunk and carpet them but thats easy.
Dave

reborn55

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "reborn55"been working on this--trying to get it on the ground for the Bunny run

Nice car.. Looks like today im gonna try the cooling system flush on the roadster and wash Sue's car .. I need to find someone to tig weld my tailpipes and then ill be about ready to go. I worked on small stuff yesterday so ive still got to make the panels for the trunk and carpet them but thats easy.
Dave

Thanks--it has been an adventure

phat rat

Some pics of what I've been doing the last few days.  This is on the modified. I'm making my own rear spring mounts because I don't like the Speedway design and I don't want to spend the money for Pete & Jake stuff which is what I'm copying. Yes I think it's heavy enough.  :) The Z is 9". Oh and the chain is all a retired guy on a fixed income can afford. NO GOLD chain here. :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fuzzy

No billet for this kid!

Dave

Well its Friday and still winter.. The ride to work was ok but we took the G/P and i hear that the highway is shut down.. Oh well.. Think Spring. I finished most of my shift ball adapter today and Im not sure if im gonna play in the garage tonite or not.. This weather just has me bummed out.. Tomorrow im gonna make another attempt at the carpet in the trunk that i didnt get done last weekend. The next thing on the list is some kind of attachments to hold the hood tops closed .. Ideas anyone? I wonder where the guys get them there fancy springs they use with the leather belts?  HUMM next weekend is autorama.. I guess were going saturday but thats kinda in the air too..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "jusjunk"I wonder where the guys get them there fancy springs they use with the leather belts?  HUMM next weekend is autorama.. I guess were going saturday but thats kinda in the air too..

Dave,

Look at limeworkspeedshop.com. Hot rod parts, then exterior parts, then vintage hood strap kit. P/N vhsk001 and only $250.00. 10% off if you're an Alliance Alliance Member.

Be the first in our gang to have tem.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

tomorrow it's supposed to be 76 degrees here. Yaa! However, they are forecasting up to 50 mph wind. I'll try to get the stereo mounted again. If it gets nice, the cycles are all lonely. Sunday won't be as nice so I will have to find a different excuse or work.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I wonder where the guys get them there fancy springs they use with the leather belts?  HUMM next weekend is autorama.. I guess were going saturday but thats kinda in the air too..

Dave,

Look at limeworkspeedshop.com. Hot rod parts, then exterior parts, then vintage hood strap kit. P/N vhsk001 and only $250.00. 10% off if you're an Alliance Alliance Member.

Be the first in our gang to have tem.

Charlie

emmms nice Charlie but I can  see me spending that ind of cash .. Just the 4 springs are 88 bucks then latches are 8 bucks a piece and on and on.. I may just order the hardware and make em though.. Nice little project.
Dave

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"tomorrow it's supposed to be 76 degrees here. Yaa! However, they are forecasting up to 50 mph wind. I'll try to get the stereo mounted again. If it gets nice, the cycles are all lonely. Sunday won't be as nice so I will have to find a different excuse or work.

Yessir, down here too, nice and windy.....expect 50 mph gusts :x  :x

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****