Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

38HAULR

I will be out in the shed . I have a 38 Chev with Jaguar front suspenson,350 Chev under construction. Hoping to solve exhaust/steering uni coupling clearance issues. These Jags have power steering racks,and come with a "short pinion" and "long pinion" version . Mine is long pinion,I have managed to borrow a short pinion version over the weekend via my son who happens to work in a Jag repair shop,hopefully the coupling will position lower to give more leeway with exhaust routing...........Frank

UGLY OLDS

I'm only 1 & 2 1/2's brackets away from having my 4 bar mocked up   :?  :!:

just think..It only took 4 bars  :!:  :shock:  :wink:

Bob
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

reborn55

Took 1/2 day off to start working on pain in the * ragtop--Got new rack installed and decided to put upper control arm bushing  and front pads on.  Left side went great-right side came off easy, but control arm shaft threads were stripped.  has to grind bolt off--will try to rethread tomorrow--if not--got to find another arm.  Oh well 3 steps forward and one step back.  Hope to mount condenser tomorrow and maybe finishing adjusting top in order to put rear interior back in.

purplepickup

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I'm only 1 & 2 1/2's brackets away from having my 4 bar mocked up   :?  :!:

Bob
I thought you might eventually figure that out. :wink:
George

Dave

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I'm only 1 & 2 1/2's brackets away from having my 4 bar mocked up   :?  :!:

Bob
I thought you might eventually figure that out. :wink:

George .. Im not sure he gets it yet..
Dave :wink:

Dave

Im pretty sure i know how many bars i takes to make a triangulated 4 bar so,,,,,,,,, Since I finally got my tail pipes tig welded yesterday by the guys at the bike shop ill prolly work on that a little tonite and sunday. Yesterday was a busy day and i didnt get out of work till an hour after my usual time and  Sue and i drove seperately. While i was at the bike shop she called to tell me a guy at the plant just backed into her car. :evil: Well stuff happens and it should get fixed ok but it looks like its gonna need a whole front nose.. Its all one piece on the grand prix.. Well she wanted me to stop at the plant and look at it so i did and didnt get home till 2 1/2 hours later than normal.. I let the dog out and went to the garage and started wire brushing the welds on the stainless pipes. I got one done and decided to tackle the other tonite as I should be home early. Im kinda crossing my fingers that my Bop Top will be there also but its coming from California and was shipped sometime tuesday so prolly not..  Tomorrow im heading to Detroit to autorama and id like to get there early and out early but that remains to be seen also.. From what ive seen for posted pics there is some nice stuff again. Im sure glad im going to look this year. Its gonna save me and easy 700 bucks :lol: So again I hope to really get something done on sunday. My goal is to finish the exhaust (hangers and all)..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

I'm gonna try to get the rear end mocked up in the C-cab, if I'm not too busy drivin' the '34 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Carps

Hmmm, seem to have lost the last few, so there's some striping to be done, some models to be built and some big car work to be done.  And the grass sorely needs to be cut.

Think I'll go for a drive and visit my pals.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Well the tail pipes are on and now im deciding if i really need xtra hangers for them  :?:  :?: I got time to play there.. No top delivery and i figured that but the harley is back in the garage  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Of course it needs a cleaning..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

I need to make speaker mounts. If I get that far, I need to measure for ac lines.  It maybe warm enough for me to play outside a little. I need to get in gear. I'm close to spring here.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"I'm close to spring here.
Ok thats enuff of that kind of talk... You gotta try being nicer to us guys that still have snow on the ground and havent drove the new roadsters yet let alone the * bikes... Im gonna let you off this time but next time could be different..
Dave :!:
remember the team.....

kb426

I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Well ....The 4 bar was so easy I think I'll start on the front end...Only a "2 bar" ...Prolly take twice as long...... :?  :roll:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Fuzzy

There's definitely something WRONG about all you guys playin' outside :evil:  :evil: We'll have a north wind tomorrow and a high around 22.Cut the grass?I can't even see mine !!!!!!

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

reborn55

Had snow here--got the condensor mounted, waiting on evaporator and brackets.  Got whels painted and started putting the rear interior back in.  tomorrow will hopefully cut holes in the dash for a/c ducts and watch the snow.