Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"I said I would haul it. There a problem with that? :D

Possibly :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow:

GPster

I can either work on my project alone or go with a group of women to a "Starving Artist" show in Columbus. Guess I'll stay home. I invested $35.00 in a fan belt, radiator hoses and such so I guess I'll play with that V6 some more. Maybe I'll let it run long enough to re-torque the cylinder heads and set the lifters a little better. Spent most of the week trying to find all the gauges I thought I had and I found 3 water temperature gauges and 4 amperage gauges but no Oil Pressure Gauge. Couldn't find one for less than $15.00 until I made my first trip to Harbor Freight and found an oil pressure gauge for $14.95 along with a free amperage gauge and a free water temperature gauge and a 3 gauge mounting face. Linda was with me and I tried to see if their 18v drill battery for $9.95 would fit my $39.00 drill (it didn't). So I figured on spending $16.00 at Advance for the right battery but she convinced me to throw it away and buy the HF drill for $19.00. She had an alterior motive. We ended up stopping at Crafts 2000 where it took her 1/2 hour to buy $69.00 worth of jewelery beads for $20.00. Unfortunately all the money she saved me is going to Columbus in the morning. GPster

Dave

Joe I cant take sue anywhere near a store like that or a mall all it does is cost me money. Every time we go somewhere she is looking out the window for malls and im looking for deer :lol:  She usually tells me we just passed a mall and i tell her we sure did :!:  I go on vacation and she wants to stop at a mall :?:  :lol:  :lol:
Ok todays plan.. Dam I dunno weather i need to go out and work on the roadster or build a snow man :twisted:  :twisted:
Good day to be in the gagare.
Dave

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"Every time we go somewhere she is looking out the window for malls and im looking for deer Dave
and they were concerned with my vision about my ability to WATCH THE ROAD (and that wasn't Caps Lock). GPster

Dave

Well I said hell with the snow man and went to work on the roadster. Got the headlight mounts all set up and I thought i had more of a problem than I really did in the gas tank spreader bar area. Got that all set and lookin good. I took the side panels off the hood I got from Charliechops and I ordered 32 hood bracktes so im dead in the water till i get them.. Thats as far as body work. I just gotta decide now how soon i wanna persue sandblasting the frame . Im real close.  Im waiting for my new tranny cooler and get it set then it can come apart. Got the drive plowed and the side walks shoveled for a 20 .. And its snowing again........... This kid stopped last year and although he only did the drive and walk maybe 3 times it saved me from even messing with the old used blower i have and a shovel!
Dave :arrow:  :!:  :arrow:

Dave

Ok its not the weekend but the tranny cooler came and its mounted!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya I know  big deal.. Its another thing off the list though. I also made the spacers to go in the frame for the rear spreader bar.. Now this is interesting factory is about 1/8 thick and speedways are the same but i bought a speedway rear bar as i didnt get one with the car and ........... 1/4 inch each side. Im glad i didnt by speedways spacers :!: I tried mine when i got home and they fit nice :wink: I need to tack em in with the mig real good before we send the frame out for blasting  but they work..
Dave 8)  :lol:  8)

Dave

Its friday and im sittin in front of the puker  8)  Too dam cold out and i really dont wanna work in the garage tonite. Got a package with the 32 hood brackets i ordered today and that will prolly be a tomorrow afternoon or sunday deal.. Im leaving at 7am for the kzoo swap in the morning.. Im taking my oldest boy for protection so be warned  :lol:  :lol: Im gonna get my bibs and hunting jacket out soon and they are going with me as well as some good warm boots :!:  Im hoping they have people outside again and im looking for a deal on some wheels and tires. Maybe someone needs cash bad for propane or fuel oil :!: That reminds me i should make a list...Dont need a lot but what i do need aint cheap. Lokar shifter ouch.. hummm what else.. Ill remember later . Anyway if i get some good deals tomorrow i may have to play in the garage when i get home cause sue is going to ft wayne to see the kids. If i dont have a bunch of stuff to play with then sunday it is....... Sunday is gonna be fun im gonna watch all them cool super bowl comercials on my new 37 inch lcd tv. I really dont care for the game but...
Dave :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Normspeed

Jeez, going to a swap in the middle of winter up north!  What a hearty bunch.

Now ya got me itchin' to go find an auto swap.  I love 'em.

Dave

Quote from: "Normspeed"Jeez, going to a swap in the middle of winter up north!  What a hearty bunch.

Now ya got me itchin' to go find an auto swap.  I love 'em.

99% indoors .. when i left this morning it was about 2 deg F as we headed west  and daylight came it went to 4 deg F...  Needless to say it was dam cold and we did check the out side swap and there were like 6 people there and it was all junk to me so back inside i went!....
Dave :wink:

GPster

Yesterday was the start of a 3 day weekend (Linda was off). I installed my week-end build driveshaft (five days at an hour at a time). Had to buy some universal joint "U" bolts as my stock must be out of Chevy cars. Going to have to quit storing stuff under the Jeepster so I can work off a creeper. Without a floor in the body it's would be easier to install from the top but with the chassis on jackstands and the doors of the body clamped shut to hold it straight I need a ladder to climb high enough to get into the body. Then I have to climb down and get around the "X" member so I can stand on the floor. I put it on jackstands so I could get the suspension with-in bifocal range to find something else that will need to be corrected. My 7" dropped tube axel has '48 Ford spindles on it. To get steering arms that would work I cut off the stock arms and used a set of arms from Chassis Engineering. While the spindle were off to be modified I had kingpins fitted. Needing to move the Jeepster out of the garage (years ago) I just slapped things together so it would steer. There's no way to grease the lower king pin bushing. You'd think that there'd be a little note in the package with the arms or a foot note in their catalog. I called them to ask about it thinking that they would have a neat solution, but they don't. I can either drill and tap a new hole for a grease fitting (which would have been nice to know so that the grease hole in the lower bushing could have been pressed in somewhere else) or I can un-install the arms and grease it and re-install the arms. Clevite makes a grease fitting that is about 1 1/2" long but I don't know about filing a groove in a forged steering arm. I've got time to think about it though. My dog likes to have shovels of snow thrown at him. Linda thought I needed one of those snow shovels with the big "Z" in the handle so I wouldn't have to bend over while shoveling. They are not the shovels to throw snow on the dog with. So between climbing up and into the Jeepster, crawling to do a grease job and shoveling snow with the dog my week end was done before it even started. All I can do is type. Aren't you glad? GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"All I can do is type. Aren't you glad? GPster

Well :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Joe you keep me entertained... I love reading your posts and i expect  that it will be different every time and it is.. Hey stay warm......
Dave

Carps

There's a couple of runs on this weekend but I'm working on a few things to raise some bucks to help out s friend in need, so I'll be staying home painting boxes and stuff.  Photos later as they are finished.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Here's what I got done this weekend.
Still got some work to do on this one.....

And this one too, but I kinda like the simple white lines on the lid so i reckon that's done.

Kinda screwed up the paint as the blue bit hard into the one day old yellow and turned sorta green.  None of the other colours did that, so it's kinda got me licked as to how come the blue was so bitey.

Been pacticing Tommy The Greek style teardrops and lines, getting better all the time, but still need more practice even tho I'm pleased with these.

Also figured out the sectert to symetry.  Stabilo pencil and lines.   :wink:

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Carps"Here's what I got done this weekend.

Kinda screwed up the paint as the blue bit hard into the one day old yellow and turned sorta green.  None of the other colours did that, so it's kinda got me licked as to how come the blue was so bitey.

I kind of like the way it looks. It looks like there is some chemical in the fire that is turning the flames green.

Grandadeo

Yesterday my son and I rode up to Ormond Beach in the roadster in on and off rain.  Stood around in the Destination Daytona parking lot at the Rumblers meet in on and off rain.  Then drove the 167 miles back home in on and off rain.  I thought one of you guys on here said the weather was always perfect in Florida, oh yeah, that was me.  Anyway, the bright spot of the day was meeting Denise for the first time and seeing her dad Jim again as well as some old friends.  That made it all worth while.  I'll worry about cleaning the car up in a day or two.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50