Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteLoafers  

Nope, horse shoes. think about it. :lol:

Easy old man... i still think i can beat you senseless  bad heart or not........ :lol:  :lol:

Got the bracket made to lift the body off the frame with the cherry picker then i started on seat brackets  :?:  :?:  :?:  I forgot i didnt have them done yet but i did good and i need 2 pieces of 3/4 square tubing and ill have them done too.  I had enuff of the stuff  i bought today left for a good start..
Im thinking tomorrow about starting to disassemble everything and haul the pretty stuff to the chrome room (lay it on the pool table in the basement) and get ready to make a car :!:
Dave :!:  :!:

alchevy

Left the house this morning, temp outside was around 31 degrees, headed to Jackson, MS in my '40 Chevy to be in a rodeo parade. But the sun was shining. It got up to about 50 during the day. Had about 7 or 8 street rods in our group plus some other old cars. Then we went to see a collection of cars at one of the guy's machine shop. After that we went to eat hamburgers and chili at one of the club member's houses. Then we went to see a collection of cars at another member's house. He has about 50 or 60 of them. I will get the pictures I took uploaded soon and will report back as to where you can see them.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

WZ JUNK

This weekend I have the roadster in the indoor show at Joplin and next weekend it is the big one at Tulsa.  This weekend I parked the roadster next to Gary Hart's Bonneville Studebaker.   Next weekend hopefully Hooley's #974 and I will be parked together at Tulsa.  This is the first time that I have done an indoor show.  It is different.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Dave

Looks good sittin inside.. Ill get some pics of the coupe at detroit..
Dave :wink:

Dave

Oh ya got the body lifted off the frame today everything worked great. I got all  the shinny and good stuff in the basement and i may just start tearing it apart next week for frame blasting and paint. I shoulda took some pics of the body hanging and the frame sitting there cause it looked kinda cool but i can do it this week.Was a busy day hauling stuff down stairs and putting stuff in the attic of the garage but i need room i gotta build a car  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

dragrcr50

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"This weekend I have the roadster in the indoor show at Joplin and next weekend it is the big one at Tulsa.  This weekend I parked the roadster next to Gary Hart's Bonneville Studebaker.   Next weekend hopefully Hooley's #974 and I will be parked together at Tulsa.  This is the first time that I have done an indoor show.  It is different.

John
fun huh??  I have been in 22 starbird shows and Ill see you next weekend there, Im in the tulsa timing assoc display with the hambster dragssters i guess...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Dave

The Vicky is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. I just got home and found the epoxy and hi fill primer for the roadster. Now if the dam weather ever clears ill get it the rest of the way apart and out for frame blasting. I found a egay deal on kirker products and a great deal on 3 psa disks. Im thinking im gonna shoot b/c kirker on the roadster as well.  THEY DONT OFFER A REAL WIDE RANGE OF COLORS BUT THEY HAVE A COUPLE I LIKE AND HELL ITS LIKE 250.00  to paint it.. Sorry bout the caps lock  8)  8) Besides i gotta remember im building this to sell  :wink:  I cant afford to have the guys that did the coupe do the roadster so ill shoot it myself.. Geeze i used to do it for a living so i think i can handle it but i do have one last resort and thats my buddy with the yellow 30 model a.. he used to own a bodyshop and is better than i am  :!:
I think he told me just buy the beer :wink:  :arrow:
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"This weekend I have the roadster in the indoor show at Joplin and next weekend it is the big one at Tulsa.  This weekend I parked the roadster next to Gary Hart's Bonneville Studebaker.   Next weekend hopefully Hooley's #974 and I will be parked together at Tulsa.  This is the first time that I have done an indoor show.  It is different.

John
fun huh??  I have been in 22 starbird shows and Ill see you next weekend there, Im in the tulsa timing assoc display with the hambster dragssters i guess...

Nice...Nice Vickie...Looks GREAT !! :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

dragrcr50

Quote from: "jusjunk"The Vicky is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. I just got home and found the epoxy and hi fill primer for the roadster. Now if the dam weather ever clears ill get it the rest of the way apart and out for frame blasting. I found a Ebay deal on kirker products and a great deal on 3 psa disks. Im thinking im gonna shoot b/c kirker on the roadster as well.  THEY DONT OFFER A REAL WIDE RANGE OF COLORS BUT THEY HAVE A COUPLE I LIKE AND HELL ITS LIKE 250.00  to paint it.. Sorry bout the caps lock  8)  8) Besides i gotta remember im building this to sell  :wink:  I cant afford to have the guys that did the coupe do the roadster so ill shoot it myself.. Geeze i used to do it for a living so i think i can handle it but i do have one last resort and thats my buddy with the yellow 30 model a.. he used to own a bodyshop and is better than i am  :!:
I think he told me just buy the beer :wink:  :arrow:
Dave
beer is a good price..... fly me up and ill shoot it..
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Dave

Ill consider that.. but what if you get too drunk :?:  Money back garuntee :?:
:lol:  :lol:
Ok its friday and guess what.. Got 2 kids comming in from Virgina and a kid and the grand daughter from ft wayne.. And sunday my kids are comming over for the daytona race. We actually hate fenders but its winter so we have a lil party and watch the race.. Soooooooooooo guess what im gettin done this weekend.. Absolutely nothing :!: Im considering ordering the paint for the roadster cause we kinda picked out a color we like from the kirker chart. I need just a few more items and i may order them too then it will be down to body work and paint and wheels and tires.. :lol:  Hummm how many weeks till autorama? more stuff to do..
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

Carps

tarted some stripin this morning but when the thermometer hit 110 degrees I gave it away and came inside.

Rod run tomorrow, so off early in the morning, gunna be just as hot so will be interesting to see how many of the 'old boilers' stay home.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Ok i lied to you guys and im sorry :roll:  I was gonna help the kids load up the bed they left here when they moved and other items but Joey got a buddy to come over and help aso i didnt have to. I wasnt prepared for working this weekend so i went to menards and bought some higher priced angle iron and  made some exhaust hangers for the roadster. I got em welded in and all set to go. I did find a problem with my spacers for the spreader bar . I needed a 1/4 inch per side and i tacked em in place and i realized i cant get the gas tank out with em welded in :!: Oh well .. Looks im good to go on tearing it apart now for blasting and paint work.. Ive got my kids comming over tomorrow for the nascar race so ill head out to the garage early and play a bit.. I may talk to my oldes about working with me on the car to pay off his bill. He is a hell of a wrench but im thinking he can learn paint and body too :?: . Seeing as he got layed off friday im sure he will be bored soon..
Dave 8)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Carps"tarted some stripin this morning

That's the first I've seen anyone type with a hairlip... :?

Quote from: "Carps"but when the thermometer hit 110 degrees I gave it away and came inside.

Wussy... :P  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

sirstude

So far, I replaced all the lights in the garage today, 30 bulbs and 3 fixtures.  I can see all the mistakes in the body work on the Olds much better now.  You have never seen anything as funny as me on a ladder.  I have an absolute fear of heights, but sometime have to do it anyway.

Try to watch the race and get some work done out there tomorrow.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "Carps"tarted some stripin this morning

That's the first I've seen anyone type with a hairlip... :?

Quote from: "Carps"but when the thermometer hit 110 degrees I gave it away and came inside.

Wussy... :P  :D

your way off topic here old man... if you would be kind enuff to tell us what your gonna do this weekend ill not turn you in to the O/T police..
Barney
Ya i got one bullet