Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Quote from: "40chevy"Going on a Garage/Project Tour all day Saturday in an area nearby.

http://www.ms-sra.org/msra/garprojtour07.htm is where you can find the pictures. It was a fun day.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Its Tuesday ....... Ya I know big deal! I got a sore throat .. Had it since sunday :(  I hope it leaves soon cause it wasnt invited.  :twisted:  Ive got a plan for the weekend but im waiting for a reply from charlie. The last batch of parts (ya Right) for now should be in this week. I havent done anything since last week :!:  Ive got a therapy appointment tomorrow night  (more BS) and go see the workers comp doctor thursday (more bs again) then i thin i can get back to a normal life and work on my stuff! OPh ya The pee in the cup thing didnt come back positive far as i know so my boss looses again  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Id like to pee in his  :?:  :?:  :?: Back pocket :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Plenty of people get a little hitch in thier old giddy up but this * was looking for sumpin again   8)  Ha Ha ..  I gotta work on my car it needs me... Friday for sure
Dave :arrow:  :idea:  :arrow:

moparrodder

Quote from: "jusjunk"Its Tuesday ....... Ya I know big deal!  Ive got a therapy appointment tomorrow night  (more BS) and go see the workers comp doctor thursday (more bs again) then i thin i can get back to a normal life and work on my stuff!

I know what ya mean about the B.S.  I have to go for therapy tomorrow morning to have them stretch my arm to loosen up my shoulder( read that as make it hurt some more ), then drive two hours to Des Moines to see my workmans comp doctor to hear him say the therapist can get more aggressive with therapy ( make it hurt even more ) but I just take another one of those happy pills they gave me and I don't feel a thing or even care!  At least I sneek out of the house once in a while and walk down to where my youngest has latest dirt track car and do a little to help him , I can run a DA sander with one hand getting it ready for paint/ Just wish  it would quit snowing as it's getting a little tricky walking on the snow and icy streets, one slip and it's do it all over again and that aint gonna happen but at least I feel like doing something, this sitting at home is driving me up the wall!!

Bill

enjenjo

Here's what I did last week.I made a radiator shroud, and fuel tank for a 47 chevy pickup I am working on right now. This week I am putting it together.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Got some parts yesterday. left em in the house as I didnt get home till late. I may take em out to the garage and size stuff up tonite. Im still waiting for a couple things. Tomorrow its look out Muskegon day. Sue and I are going north to raise hell with the locals up there. Hopefully I can con em out of a couple free beers.  8) charliechops has a hood i need to look at and prolly bring back with me. Jack wants me to stop by and we need to go see kenny's garage and im sure he will have a beer or 2 laying around. I prolly wont do anything till sunday after the saturday trip. I ben doing some thinking and I may just have to borrow an open trailer to get the coupe back in the neighborhood before grandma moves cause they havent done anything to the roads in my sub. If they were clean like the main roads i could have got  both the bike and the coupe home. the nieighbor across the street has a tilt style trailer i can borrow to get the bike up to my sons. At least i think its a tilt ill have to ask :?:
Dave :arrow:  :!:  :arrow:

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"I ben doing some thinking and I may just have to borrow an open trailer to get the coupe back in the neighborhood before grandma moves cause they havent done anything to the roads in my sub. If they were clean like the main roads i could have got  both the bike and the coupe home. the nieighbor across the street has a tilt style trailer i can borrow to get the bike up to my sons. At least i think its a tilt ill have to ask :?: Dave :arrow:  :!:  :arrow:

This is the second time in less than a month that you've talked about trailers. Because you're loosing your winter storage maybe you should break down and buy one big enough for the '32 and the Harley. Then you'd only have to con someone to pull it around for you. You probably have enough vehicle to pull one empty so you can place the trailer someplace secure for the winter then load stuff in it there. GPster

Dave

Actually joe ive been looking. I would like sumpin thats just big enuff for the 32 but with a rear ramp door they wont take but 2000 lbs.(the Door) Id rather wait till i get the roadster done then decide if i really need one after i sell it. I wont do autorama again so i dont need one for that and if they do what they did in chicago i may back out this year. This would have been a lot easier if my mother in law wasnt so goofy :lol: I wont go into the whole story here but at least she will have new people to * off in the new apartment complex and the new church so that will keep her busy..
Dave :lol:  8)  :lol:

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"Actually joe ive been looking. I would like sumpin thats just big enuff for the 32 but with a rear ramp door they wont take but 2000 lbs.(the Door) Id rather wait till i get the roadster done then decide if i really need one after i sell it. I wont do autorama again so i dont need one for that and if they do what they did in chicago i may back out this year. This would have been a lot easier if my mother in law wasnt so goofy :lol: I wont go into the whole story here but at least she will have new people to * off in the new apartment complex and the new church so that will keep her busy..

Might know of a 24 ft enclosed car hauler for sale less than a year old though so it wouldn't be cheap.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Actually joe ive been looking. I would like sumpin thats just big enuff for the 32 but with a rear ramp door they wont take but 2000 lbs.(the Door) Id rather wait till i get the roadster done then decide if i really need one after i sell it. I wont do autorama again so i dont need one for that and if they do what they did in chicago i may back out this year. This would have been a lot easier if my mother in law wasnt so goofy :lol: I wont go into the whole story here but at least she will have new people to * off in the new apartment complex and the new church so that will keep her busy..

Might know of a 24 ft enclosed car hauler for sale less than a year old though so it wouldn't be cheap.

Too big Jack...  I was gonna do some measuring tonite but its not gonna get done .. I need to rest so i can tear up Muskegon tomorrow :lol:  :lol:
I wish this whole deal hadnt started. I love building cars but maybe i should have added on to the garage before i started the roadster :?:  I just cant bring my self to drive the 32 in the slop thats why the trailer to detroit and a possible an open trailed to move it back home. I love Joe but im guessing he thinks ive got more money that I do :wink:  Grandma renigged on the storage by deciding she is gonna sell the house and she is moving march 3rd so my stuff needs to be back here.  She is never happy and if she can get her hands on a buck she will spend 20. She already told sue and her sister she was gonna spent her inheritence (spelling) and she ment it :lol:  Sue doesnt care but were both kinda * she couldnt have waited till summer.. So thatw why i was mentioning the trailer thing again.  The roads may get better and if they do ill go drive it home. The one i worry bout is the bike 2 wheels and snow dont get it :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Seeee ya tomorrow......
Dave

phat rat

I hear you on the slop I wouldn't want to drive mine in this either. I sure as heck wouldn't ride the bike in it. I heard next week it's going to be better so maybe you can get them home then.

enjenjo

I have a trailer, and a camera. You buy the gas, and I'll haul it.

phat rat

Dave, got a question for you. Why would 24' be too big? Have you ever said that about your garage. I'll bet it was to small before it was done

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"I love Joe but im guessing he thinks ive got more money that I do :wink:
My reaction is only to what I read. I don't see anything written about running out of money so I didn't see it as a problem. I certainly never want to offend anybody. I just try to belong by thinking like people are talking. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I love Joe but im guessing he thinks ive got more money that I do :wink:
My reaction is only to what I read. I don't see anything written about running out of money so I didn't see it as a problem. I certainly never want to offend anybody. I just try to belong by thinking like people are talking. GPster

Dont worry Joe you didnt offend me .. And i was poking fun at you..  No actually it wouldnt break me but after the trip today( read the wanderings post) im just more aware of the little money I have and how to use it to my advantage. That.. lets say good deal 5k trailer could be the difference in me retiring  or at least doing sumpin different  real soon.. I wanna play like the big boys in muskegon..  :!:  8)  :lol: ..  Anyway carry on  dude ..
Dave

enjenjo

I said I would haul it. There a problem with that? :D