Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Yesterday my son and I rode up to Ormond Beach in the roadster in on and off rain.  Stood around in the Destination Daytona parking lot at the Rumblers meet in on and off rain.  Then drove the 167 miles back home in on and off rain.  I thought one of you guys on here said the weather was always perfect in Florida, oh yeah, that was me.  Anyway, the bright spot of the day was meeting Denise for the first time and seeing her dad Jim again as well as some old friends.  That made it all worth while.  I'll worry about cleaning the car up in a day or two.

Lee

Wow that was a ride ... Glad you had fun.. Id bet the rain was a lot warmer than the snow we have.. :wink:  Its kinda windy again here and bitter cold still. I cant seem to feel warm in the garage at all today but im working out there. Just took a break to make a cocktail. It is super bowl sundy ya know (like that makes a difference)
Dave :lol:

Carps

Quote from: "Grandadeo"I'll worry about cleaning the car up in a day or two.
What's the rush?   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Got a 150.00 worth of 3m 6 inch da disks today and that was a good deal off the bay. The guy is in michigan too.I should have some Kirker epoxy and hi fill primer the first of the week. Im gonna try and finish some stuff this weekend and then im ready to take er apart. I gotta go to the local metal store and get some angle iron and make a support to tie the body together and also to let me lift it off the frame. I may have to store it outside but it aint gonna hurt it :!: Looking at the calender  :?:  :?: this may end up being a spring project.. too many things to do (autorama,moving cars from grandmas) and  too little time. Plus the fact that im not as fast as i used to be :cry:  But im trying.. I also gotta go buy some new shoes tomorrow so thats time out of the garage too. Its a good excuse to stop by the metals shop though..
Dave
bumpidy bump

Grandadeo

Non-hot rod weekend for me.  Going visiting over in St. Pete Saturday and Sunday.  But hope to sneak off long enough to hook up with Bryan for a little while.  Maybe at a Saturday night cruise.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Non-hot rod weekend for me.  Going visiting over in St. Pete Saturday and Sunday.  But hope to sneak off long enough to hook up with Bryan for a little while.  Maybe at a Saturday night cruise.

Lee

Can I pay pal you a dollar to kick his azzzzzzzzz :?:  :?: Just dont forget to send me the change......... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :!:  :wink:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"Got a 150.00 worth of 3m 6 inch da disks today and that was a good deal off the bay. The guy is in michigan too.I should have some Kirker epoxy and hi fill primer the first of the week. Im gonna try and finish some stuff this weekend and then im ready to take er apart. I gotta go to the local metal store and get some angle iron and make a support to tie the body together and also to let me lift it off the frame. I may have to store it outside but it aint gonna hurt it :!: Looking at the calender  :?:  :?: this may end up being a spring project.. too many things to do (autorama,moving cars from grandmas) and  too little time. Plus the fact that im not as fast as i used to be :cry:  But im trying.. I also gotta go buy some new shoes tomorrow so thats time out of the garage too. Its a good excuse to stop by the metals shop though..
Dave
bumpidy bump

You may want to be careful taking that body out of the toasty garage & storing it outdoors in this "balmy" weather....Won't the temp change affect the glass??
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Got a 150.00 worth of 3m 6 inch da disks today and that was a good deal off the bay. The guy is in michigan too.I should have some Kirker epoxy and hi fill primer the first of the week. Im gonna try and finish some stuff this weekend and then im ready to take er apart. I gotta go to the local metal store and get some angle iron and make a support to tie the body together and also to let me lift it off the frame. I may have to store it outside but it aint gonna hurt it :!: Looking at the calender  :?:  :?: this may end up being a spring project.. too many things to do (autorama,moving cars from grandmas) and  too little time. Plus the fact that im not as fast as i used to be :cry:  But im trying.. I also gotta go buy some new shoes tomorrow so thats time out of the garage too. Its a good excuse to stop by the metals shop though..
Dave
bumpidy bump

You may want to be careful taking that body out of the toasty garage & storing it outdoors in this "balmy" weather....Won't the temp change affect the glass??

nah i dont think so.. Its junk anyway but i can save it..  :lol:  :lol:
I really dont think it will hurt it at all.
Dave

GPster

Well, they say I should walk on the days I don't have to exercise. I wonder if out to my garage is far enough? The concensis is that I shoud procede on that V6. I put water in the radiator only to find that I forgot to plug a 1/4" IPT hole where I took out some strange sender. It of course would be one behind the steering box so I'll probably have to pull the exhaust manifold so I can reach it. While I get dirty doing that I'll put in the fitting for the oil pressure gauge. I don't work very fast so that may be it for the weekend. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"Well, they say I should walk on the days I don't have to exercise. I wonder if out to my garage is far enough? The concensis is that I shoud procede on that V6. I put water in the radiator only to find that I forgot to plug a 1/4" IPT hole where I took out some strange sender. It of course would be one behind the steering box so I'll probably have to pull the exhaust manifold so I can reach it. While I get dirty doing that I'll put in the fitting for the oil pressure gauge. I don't work very fast so that may be it for the weekend. GPster

They told me the same stuff Joe.. Sorry but its too dam cold to walk and the dog loves it and she wants to go all nignt and that just makes me shivver more. :lol:  :lol:  Im actually feeling better every day and im trying to ignore the day to day stress at work. Im thinking retirement or a new job and that makes me smile :lol:  :lol:  :lol: . I also have to be careful not to over do it .
Its only been 7 months and going on 8 the 14th.  Ive always been busy and never slowed down so this is hard  :cry:  We... both you and i will work it out though..  Never say die ........... GET R DONE
Dave

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Grandadeo"Non-hot rod weekend for me.  Going visiting over in St. Pete Saturday and Sunday.  But hope to sneak off long enough to hook up with Bryan for a little while.  Maybe at a Saturday night cruise.

Lee

Can I pay pal you a dollar to kick his azzzzzzzzz :?:  :?: Just dont forget to send me the change......... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :!:  :wink:

Why not send the correct amount the first time Barney, or place the azzzzzzz kicking on ebay and let the highest bidder do it... :!:  :!:

He hasn't got a dollar, Lee. Don't believe him... :P
He's trading all his soda bottles in for roadster money... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

just got back from shopping for shoes and a new tv stand. Got lucky on sale then another 2 sum bucks off with a coupon. on the stand.. Got dome heave square tubing and a piece of angle iron for the support and lift bar for the roadster. Ill be working that here in a while!  also menards had another bag sale :!: 17% off everything you can fit tn the brown paper bag they give you. Got some stainless bolts for the rear spreader bad that i didnt have. lock washers and nuts too.. then they had bags of stainless flat washers so i got 1/2 down to 1/4 I shoulda bought lock washers and nuts too but ill catch the next sale. Im off  to set the new telelbishion on its new stand and head to the garage...
Dave
Oh ya the real important part. I stopped grandmas and checked out the coupe and the bike.. Daaaaaaaaaaam they look good. The coupe stays cleaner there cause no one in in and out of the garage and no furnace moving dust around..

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"just got back from shopping for shoes    

Loafers :?:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

QuoteLoafers  

Nope, horse shoes. think about it. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I got to replumb the kitchen drains today. the previous owner plumbed them outside the foundation, and insulated them. That worked ok, until his poor joints came apart, soaking the insulation with water, which made a big mess before the pipe froze. I had to redo from the sink to the main soil pipe. It will work now :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rooster

Still loading up the things from my Moms old house , Got the lighting rods off the garage today also had about 75 ft of 3/8 copper :D  ground wire, Theres 6 rods on the house try and get them tommoro. House was built in 1932.