Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

After 4 yrs and some ranting and raving for the last few days, I broke down and got a new desktop computer... :D Vista is taking a little getting use to..
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"After 4 yrs and some ranting and raving for the last few days, I broke down and got a new desktop computer... :D Vista is taking a little getting use to..

I got one that went south while i was gone.. I may be shopping today..
Dave :cry:

Bugpac

I bought the hp slimline, I really like the size of this thing.. :D  Price sucked, But it should last me a few yrs... :D

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"I bought the hp slimline, I really like the size of this thing.. :D  Price sucked, But it should last me a few yrs... :D

I am looking at them.. I just need the basic puker i have all the other stuff.. I see best buy has em on sale..
Dave :arrow:

Bugpac

they are all different depending on were you buy, I bought mine a walmart.. It was 488.00 Bux just for the tower, keyboard and mouse...The only thing i will do is a 1 more gig of ram, as right now running vista i am using 50-70% of my ram...Got to love the gagets.. :D

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"they are all different depending on were you buy, I bought mine a walmart.. It was 488.00 Bux just for the tower, keyboard and mouse...The only thing i will do is a 1 more gig of ram, as right now running vista i am using 50-70% of my ram...Got to love the gagets.. :D

Well I took sue with me aand came home with the 5600 machine and a new 19 inch flat screen  :lol:  :lol:
Shoulda left her home im too cheap and she talks me into this..
Dave :arrow:

Bugpac

:D  Take the 19" back and get a 22" you'll be happier, Lol...The 22" Is sweet, Mrs clause got me one for xmas...

enjenjo

Fatcat called me saturday evening, he was on his way home from Dallas Texas, and blew a head gasket in Cuba Mo.

So Sunday morning, I left with my big van and trailer from Swanton Oh. I got to Cuba Mo at 330pm, took us 1/2 hour to load up and fuel up, and headed back. After Blowing a trailer tire near St Louis, we made it home at 4 am this  morning. It was a long day. And fatcat had to go to work at 7 am.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Frank,

What is it with you and trailer tires?  When you win a set of new tires you don't have to take the recapa ya know.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Frank,

What is it with you and trailer tires?  When you win a set of new tires you don't have to take the recapa ya know.

Charlie

Well, it's like this. Three of the 4 tires I blew this year were BFG tires from a set I installed several years ago. There is one left, and it doesn't look too good. :shock: When I say several years ago, it may be 10, or  as  many as 15 :shock: The other tire was cut by a piece of metal on the road.

The other part of the problem, the trailer need some maintenance. The suspension is bound up, and not equalizing properly, increasing tire loads. As soon as the weather clears, I plan to flip the trailer over, and redo all the suspension. I didn't pay attention, and only noticed this in october.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Frank,

Charlie

Well, it's like this. Three of the 4 tires I blew this year were BFG tires from a set I installed several years ago. There is one left, and it doesn't look too good. :shock: When I say several years ago, it may be 10, or  as  many as 15 :shock: The other tire was cut by a piece of metal on the road.

The other part of the problem, the trailer need some maintenance. The suspension is bound up, and not equalizing properly, increasing tire loads. As soon as the weather clears, I plan to flip the trailer over, and redo all the suspension. I didn't pay attention, and only noticed this in october.

What size tire you running Frank? If 16" with 8 lug I've got a matched set of four  235/85 X 16/ 10 ply mounted and ready to run. They have from 40-50% tread left
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Thanks jack, but they won't fit, the fenders are too small. this was set up for 700 14.5 originally, but it got to be too hard to find tires. so I went to low profile 15". which worked good fo a long time, and will again if I just get things fixed, and get some  new tires.

phat rat

As long as you're flipping it and redoing the suspension might be a good time to add clearance by putting new fenders on. What all do you plan on redoing? I found that axles complete with springs and brakes are not that much more than a bare axle. I got a real good deal on 6000# axles for my trailer at a place in Hudson Mi which is just south of Jackson.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"As long as you're flipping it and redoing the suspension might be a good time to add clearance by putting new fenders on. What all do you plan on redoing? I found that axles complete with springs and brakes are not that much more than a bare axle. I got a real good deal on 6000# axles for my trailer at a place in Hudson Mi which is just south of Jackson.

I'll have to think about that. I do like the fact that I can open the door on most cars over the fender.