Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Carps

Bugpac

Its amazing to see the rodz with the steer wheel on the wrong side....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

GPster

Quote from: "Bugpac"Its amazing to see the rodz with the steer wheel on the wrong side....
It helps if you keep them in the proper perspective, they're upside-down. GPster

Carps

Quote from: "Bugpac"Its amazing to see the rodz with the steer wheel on the wrong side....
Don't you see that all the time?   :?

However, we usually just call it the LEFT side.   :wink:

We can teach you to put it on the RIGHT side as we do here, it's not difficult.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Bugpac

:D  So exactly what car is you, I assume the first one with the young ladys getting out of the back of that bug? :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

UGLY OLDS

QuoteWe can teach you to put it on the RIGHT side as we do here, it's not difficult.

Neat Photo's carps....Thank You... :D

What Model is that green Ford Four-Door.... :?:

And a crazier question...Do you guy's have a lot of steering / starter "interference" issues or is it not that much of an problem :?:

Perhaps your starters are on the "other" side  :?:

Thanks....Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

sirstude

I decided to do some hot rod work for a change this weekend.  I got the title for my Vick so now I am changing out the rear end to get it ready to sell.  For some reason it had a 64" wide rear in it.  Putting an 8" out of a 63 Fairlane in it.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

classicautoresto

Was going to work on the 65/84 truck merge today but had a guy call me up and wanted to know if I wanted some scrap wood for my wood burner at the shop. Got there and he has about 10 pickup loads for me for FREE. Truck had to wait....enough wood to get the shop the rest of the way through winter. Guy is building a 6000 sq ft 3 story log MANSION. Hauled 4 loads today, hope to get most of the rest tomorrow.

Carps

Quote from: "Bugpac":D  So exactly what car is you,
The blue one parked in the shade.

Carps

Carps

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Neat Photo's carps....Thank You... :D
My pleasure.

QuoteWhat Model is that green Ford Four-Door.... :?:
ZC series Fairlane. About a 70 model.  3rd series from the same platform introduced for '67 Falcon as SWB and LWB Fairlane.  ZA was first Fairlane on this platform, had horizontal headlamps even thugh the same series in US had vertical.  ZB had vertical, ZD was last and best of the series.  We only had four door models and it cvarried another four or so years after the demise of Falcon/Fairlane in the US

QuoteAnd a crazier question...Do you guy's have a lot of steering / starter "interference" issues or is it not that much of an problem :?:
With bigger US based engines yes.  SBC & Chev not so big of a deal as they are narrow.  However most rods use cross steer, so problems are generally few as steering box is mounted forward.  My Aussie Holden engine has starter on left side and clutch on right.  Using US manual trans with clutch fork on left usually negates any mechanical clutch linkage, unless it's cable.
Carps

UGLY OLDS

QuoteWhat Model is that green Ford Four-Door.... :?:
ZC series Fairlane. About a 70 model.  3rd series from the same platform introduced for '67 Falcon as SWB and LWB Fairlane.  ZA was first Fairlane on this platform, had horizontal headlamps even thugh the same series in US had vertical.  ZB had vertical, ZD was last and best of the series.  We only had four door models and it cvarried another four or so years after the demise of Falcon/Fairlane in the US

QuoteAnd a crazier question...Do you guy's have a lot of steering / starter "interference" issues or is it not that much of an problem :?:
With bigger US based engines yes.  SBC & Chev not so big of a deal as they are narrow.  However most rods use cross steer, so problems are generally few as steering box is mounted forward.  My Aussie Holden engine has starter on left side and clutch on right.  Using US manual trans with clutch fork on left usually negates any mechanical clutch linkage, unless it's cable.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.... :D  

Bob....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Quote from: "Carps"Last weekend was rather bussy with my official duties at the 6th Kustoms Of Australia Nationals.

I'm told a picture tells a thousand words and since it'd take to long to type that many, here's some pics.
Carps, your pics always show more than just a bunch of cars....they showl the fun. :D  

These are very cool as usual...Thanks 8)
George

Dave

Well we didnt get the tail pipes out for welding.. the neighbor says his fat lazy nephew who is currently layed off has his tig at his brothers and no money for gas to go pick it up? and bring it home.. Maybe i should make an offer on it  :?: .. Phil is gonna work on him.. I got the other stuff off the car and im gonna try to get the manifolds blasted this week and painted.. I just plain got tired of sanding on em .. The head pipes are all sanded and brushed and look good.. I took a break and ordered the Chili Bowl midget races on PPV and kicked back and enjoyed the show at 3pm.. Got over at 7pm.. Nice relaxing afternoon.
Dave

Dave

Ok its saturday......... 16 degrees and feels like 4 the weather says.. I worked on computers last night and ill work on on again today for a while.. I needed a new hard drive for one of mine and i found a deal on egay for a bigun so i got it and pulled the one out of my budys and threw my old one in and presto his works.. They (his whole family) must have a 100 adware and viruses on his.. I got a plan to save it though.. Anyway B/J came on so i went to the easy chair.. Today im gonna finish my fuel pump heat shield and while im painting ill paint that black cover on the steering wheel adapter. Im spray bombing near the window with the fan running.. Dont need no overspray !I did a little job for the neighbor the other day and he brought me 4 gallons of reducer and a full gallon of prepsol and some laquer primer and ive got to find a place for that stuff today too.. Then when im free :?: Its time so start cutting interior panels.. B/J comes on at 2 so ill watch it in the garage.. Rumor had is speed is going hi def soon :?: guess i gotta get my satellite and cable deal done..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:
ps: we got a ground covering od snow too.