Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Yo, Dave. Santa said I'd been bad all year so I didn't get any ac lines. I spent the day running wires to the headlight relays and running a 1/4" line to the clutch slave cyl. Chuck at CNC, who started the company. said with a 3/16" line , I would smoke the clutch when I got smart. I didn't explain to him about team smart.  :lol: My plan for tomorrow is to finish the metal on the floor boards and start on the door latches. When that's done, I could put the doors on but the glass won't be here until after the first so I'm going to wait till that's done before I put the doors on. I cross 10 items off the list and find 10 more to do. The elves aren't helping.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I started installing the EFI harness in this 57 Nomad today, got about 1/2 of it done. Built up another driveshaft for it today, the old one was too short. It's ready to go in.

Oh, I also installed a new keyboard so I can read the letters now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Well I put the anglia on 4 wheels last night...sorta.. The axles that I bought are real nice except one is too long.No access to my machine shop till tomorrow. I stuck a dummy axle in the one side and proceeded to put the fenders on only to find out that I have 2 different fenders! The fenders both have the same arch but one has more material between the arch and the top of the fender. The stupid thing about this is that I knew about the different types of fenders and still managed to do this to myself.The aussie built anglias have a different rear fender than the english built ones.When I sold my parts car a couple years ago,I kept the best fenders for me and sent the rest along with the parts car. Now I have to try and find the guy I sold the parts car to and let him know about the problem. maybe we can exchange the passenger side fenders.The anglia I am building is a '49 the one I sold was a '51.

Carps

Hey Chimp, you been nominated for mebership in 'Team Smart' yet?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Quote from: "Carps"Hey Chimp, you been nominated for mebership in 'Team Smart' yet?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He is on the list along with car nut  :!:  We have to get the team together and have an informal meeting and a vote.. You gotta remember this aint no redneck club and we expect all members to show nothing but courtesy to all the other member of the board.. Ok Ok thats B/S.... Sounded good though didnt it  :?: Hey.. Got the windshield today.. Got it in place and other than figuring out the rubber weather strip that goes in the bottom and sides it looks pretty * sexy.. Kid called and wanted to go hunting but i didnt wanna take my truck out in the slop we have or the gravel roads after the big clean up yesterday so i turned him down.. I even drove the step kids car to get the windshield for the roadster cause it was snowing :?:  I think i only bought a day though cause were going to ft wayne in it tomorrow..

Ok my list..
cotter pins in the steering stuff(may buy 7/16 nuts (stainless) and mill slots in em for castle nuts.. Finish the exhaust(grind the manifolds smooth get 2 inch elbows so i can have em tig welded or sumpin) and either coat or paint the manifolds..
Finish the brackets for the top.
Think about a top BIG $$$$$$$$$$
Get a hold of ezboy interiors on my seat and panel stuff..
I have a few more things but i cant recall what they are right now (remember the wife is gone and im drinking   :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )
Nothing big though..
Pics.. Maybe if you ask nice........
Dave :?:  :wink:  :arrow:

phat rat

Afraid to get the truck dirty??? Woosey, I was out before 6 this morning and put almost 600 mi on my truck today. Yes it's dirty but it will wash without melting.  I went to Cheboygan to pick up a frame
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"Afraid to get the truck dirty??? Woosey, I was out before 6 this morning and put almost 600 mi on my truck today. Yes it's dirty but it will wash without melting.  I went to Cheboygan to pick up a frame

You gots to remember ya old F&*k that im still a workin stiff and having this week of is a vacation and time to get my stuff in order and clean. If i was like you it wouldnt matter as everyday is saturday to you and charlie  :lol:  :lol: So the truck is still clean i worked in the garage most of the day and your still retired...
Love
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "phat rat"Afraid to get the truck dirty??? Woosey, I was out before 6 this morning and put almost 600 mi on my truck today. Yes it's dirty but it will wash without melting.  I went to Cheboygan to pick up a frame

You gots to remember ya old F&*k that im still a workin stiff and having this week of is a vacation and time to get my stuff in order and clean. If i was like you it wouldnt matter as everyday is saturday to you and charlie  :lol:  :lol: So the truck is still clean i worked in the garage most of the day and your still retired...
Love

I'll shed a tear for you as the violin is to small to play Ok? :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "jusjunk"

Love

I'll shed a tear for you as the violin is to small to play Ok? :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
ok

Bugpac

well, I got my frame fixture almost complete, for some reason i am having troubles with my desktop pc, and it wont cooperate with the rrt. I guess i may have to restore it.. :idea:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"I'll shed a tear for you as the violin is to small to play Ok? :lol:

i can play it

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteWe have to get the team together and have an informal meeting and a vote.. You gotta remember this aint no redneck club and we expect all members to show nothing but courtesy to all the other member of the board..

OK....So when's the "informal meeting of the bored"  :?:  :?:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Bugpac

Tomorrow I am glassing some floorpans... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat rat

Well so far yesterday and today I've accomplished nothing car wise. Today was rather warm so my wife and I decided to go for a walk on the beach (Lake Michigan) to enjoy the cool refreshing lake breezes. After that we decided to take a walk up in the hills. This old man needs more exercise. The one pic in the hills shows Lake Michigan in the background

Dave

Honey im home...  Great time in Ft Wayne at the races.. Got totally hammered friday night and stayed sober last night. It was nice waking up with out a hangover this morning :lol: Tony Stewart got crashed of friday but man he was hooked up last night.. The place sold out and looked like a nascar race with all the home depot crap people were wearing and although i like Tony i dont wear that stuff cause i really dont like nascrap  :!:  Real race cars dont have fenders..  :!: Im glad he won though .. Oh ya the Hooters girls are really nice too.. My son and my buddy and I the one i used to wrench for have made some race plans for the summer already. Rick and I dont get to hang much anymore so this is gonna be more fun. Sue just got home from VA and I went to the garage and looked at the hot rod.. All is well. Next is ordering the seat cover and panel material and ill do the inside.. Won an auction for some trunk poppers and a couple horns and im waiting for that new spiffy metal flake steering wheel too. Im gonna take some more pics tomorrow......
Later.
Dave