Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Drove over near Port Huron this morning. Delivered the 42 sedan to a guy in Memphis.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

My younger son, his wife, and my grandson were here this weekend, so not much was done except have a good time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

dragrcr50

well in the  last 4 days we took the frame i had built the week before for my 52 willys gasser and hung a straight axle front end, narrowed a 9 inch ford a bit, hung it on ladder bars with coil overs and diagonal link complete with new crossmember custom made, , set the rat mtr and trans in and built trans crossmember and motor mount s on the chassis and set up a reversed corbair steering box,  had a great weeekend , very productive.... and ate turkey thursday as well ....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

39deluxe

Went to Indy on Saturday. My wife wanted to go to the store at Tony Stewert Racing to see what they had. Got to say hi to Tony's mom. She's a great lady and always pleasant. Did some shopping, ate too much at a nice restuatant that we like and dozed most of the way home while my son drove.

Today I got to clean up all of the outside stuff and put it away. I wanted to take a drive in the '81 Vette before I covered it for the winter but it started sleeting. I spent about an hour sanding my alternator housing tonight. I was going to polish it but it has so many deep flaws that painting it with titanium is starting to look better.

Tomorrow I get to go to the doctor for my shoulder again. Odd thing is that my back has been so bad the last week that I haven't noticed my shoulder much.  :D  Getting old sucks.

Tom

Dave

Its friday  :!:  I worked on wiring some of the dash last night and I may do a little more tonite. The kkid and I fly outta Detroit tomorrow at 10:20 am and land in Tampa at 1pm :ha)  );b(  We then get our rental car and head to get tickets for the race in bradenton tomorrow evening. Sunday is up in the air. We thought we might meet Don (donsrods) in Ft meyers at the car show but I may have other plans too. I just may be meeting another T/S member for a day of fun  :?:  We fly Back monday and land at 8pm..
Dave

Ohio Blue Tip

Just got back from deer camp and I managed to kill a case and a bottle of brown water!
Oh joy, now I get to shovel snow.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Land Yacht

:(
Daily driver pickup, Had local shop install in - tank fuel pump, got it back, later found that left rear tailight assembly is completely dead.  Need to trace wires, find out what they did. Sounds like the ground was disconnected, or possibly everything to that assembly. Should take it back to them, but they take about a week just to get to it. Too dang cold out, hate to work in it. If it doesn't snow too much tonight will get to it tomarrow.
1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

phat rat

Bought another BBC Suburban today. Got it home about 11:30 this morning and by 4 the motor was sitting on the floor. I know, why so slow? Think of it as a senior day and I was slow. 8)  This is the second one this fall, I just got the other one torn apart last week-end. This one will be gone by Mon afternoon. I had an ad in the paper today for some of the parts off  the other one and a guy came over to buy the radiator and it was bigger than he wanted. So before the new one had even had a chance to cool off I was pulling the radiator out and he was leaving with it.  :D  So if anyone is interested I have an 89 454 for sale. $800
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

chimp koose

decided to repaint the bathroom this weekend. blue walls instead of the old pink. Also pressed bearings on my new axles for the anglia.also made a diagonal link for the four link . since there is only 14" between the insides of the 4 link mounts and a 7" pinion mounted park brake it gets pretty crowded in there.one axle fit easily in the housing ,the other has a problem so i will have to cut the one housing end off and reweld it in my narrowing fixture. One of the carrier bearing donuts fell out of the fixture while i was welding this housing end on and i was wondering if it would be ok ,i guess not.

alchevy

Was in a Christmas parade in a small town in Mississippi on Saturday. Almost record temps as it was 80. Went to a club Christmas party today.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Bugpac

Shoot, I been off My real job all week, and forgot it was even the weekend. Got the roadster mold all worked up to fit in the coupe rotisserie, Got to weld everything up tomorrow....Spent a few hours tonight drawing up my jig table in 3 d...Darn i wish i new how to use cad....Getting steel tomorrow, start working on that this week...Getting some resin coming this week, so i can get Busy....Back to drawing now....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

39deluxe

Worked Saturday night as usual. Had to go to friends for a Christmas get together  Sunday evening. (Got to drive my wifes AWD Equinox in the feeezing rain :D ) Had a big honey do list today but polished on the alternator a little in between jobs. She really doesn't know what I do on Mondays when I'm off. he he.

Carps

Hey, been a bit busy over this side of the Pacific.

Have managed to get some miles under the old car's wheels in recent weeks.  And I finsihed up some more model car stuff in preparation for our big model car show to be held at the big 1/1 scale indoor how this coming January (Australia Day Weekend).

Here's a couple of pics:

That's Dillard's A coupe under construction in the left stall of the garage.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

I hear it's been snowing heavily down Ohio way and on the weekend Mrs Ejenjo asked Enjenjo to be an angel and clear the paths of the cold white stuff.

He sent me a photo, coz he knows we don't see snow here in oz.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Ohio Blue Tip

Carps, your models are awesome and that's a nice picture of Enjenjo!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken