Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Wiring, wiring, and more wiring. I'm have a tough time figuring out how to run everything in a small confined space and not discover that I screwed up when I think I'm done. The efi harness has 60 wires. That makes the rest of the wiring look small. I was going to put everything under the seat but with some stereo equipment, I think I have a small space problem. In the morning, I'm going to get serious. I spent 3 days looking for a better way and have no results yet.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

reborn55

I will send you some more leaves if you like./  was supposed to pick up my new toys but will have to wait till next weekend.  One is in Orland Park Illinois and the other is down around Springfield Illinois.  Took a big plunge this time.  Have inlaws coming in to see college football game here.  Hope you all have a great weekend.

Fat Cat

Yep leaving in about 7 hours to head for Jersey to pick up a truck at Bruce Dorsi's place.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Yep leaving in about 7 hours to head for Jersey to pick up a truck at Bruce Dorsi's place.

We picked up the truck at Bruce's house, he treated us to dinner too. We left here at 430 am saturday, arrived at Bruce's about 3 pm. Left Bruce's about 6 pm, and arrived back home at 4 am sunday. Paid the most for gas here at home, $3.19.9 Cheapest was in Stroudsburg pa., $2.86.9. Near Snowshoe Pa. we blew a trailer tire, it was curbed in NJ. It tore out the brake wiring on that wheel, which shorted the brake control in the truck. We changed the tire, rewired the brake, cobbled the brake control, so we at least had brakes in the mountains, and were back on the road in 45 minutes. After that the trailer brakes were off, or full on. :shock:  we averaged 12 mpg on the way there, and 10 mpg on the way back loaded. Total trip was 1150 miles.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"Yep leaving in about 7 hours to head for Jersey to pick up a truck at Bruce Dorsi's place.

We changed the tire, rewired the brake, cobbled the brake control, so we at least had brakes in the mountains, and were back on the road in 45 minutes. After that the trailer brakes were off, or full on. :shock:  

What mountains????  Those are hills at best !!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

QuoteWhat mountains???? Those are hills at best !!!  

You've seen where I live, I even showed you the hill. Anything over 50 ft is a mountain.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

going to the big auction in Mitchell In. this week-end
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Its the weekend already for me.. Im just sipping on a cocktail.. Got the doctors appointment done yesterday (passed with flying colors) got my glasses today (i screwed up the lenses with over spray and scratches) cost me 20 bucks.. I drained the water out of the roadster and turned ot around with hopes of doing the new radiator hoses and antifreeze soon and I got all my hunting stuff in the truck :!:  Long drive tomorrow (24 miles) so i wanna be ready for opening day.:wink: Ill hunt the mornings and if we dont have to track for hours ill come back here about 10 am work on the lawn or in the garage till 2:30 pm then head back to hunting grounds..  Its a bit of gas money but it beats working at the shop .. Im already missing stopping at dads house again.. Deer or no deer we always had a good or i should say a lot of good chats during bow and gun season.. I pass his house every day that I hunt  :(
Try not to miss me too much.. Jack .. Spend charlies money for him cause he has way too much  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .
Dave :shock:  :arrow:

Bugpac

10:30 is to early, deer around here have been on the move around 1pm...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

alchevy

Cruisin' to Jasper, TX on Friday to the Lakes Area Cruisers car show for the weekend.

There were 80 cars at the vol fire dept fundraiser car show last Saturday in Slaughter, LA. Here are some pictures from it.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

48builder

Shoot, If I had known you guys were heading there, I may have considered driving down. We have not seen Bruce and Luce for a few years. They are a great couple and I'm sure treated you well.

This weekend I get the pleasure of changing a timing belt and water pump on my 2.4L DOHC Dodge Stratus. From what I understand it can take a good day to finish the job. Any tips would be appreciated.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

GPster

Well the S15 rolling/powered chassis is in the garage with the engine end sitting under the hoist. The Jeepster is sitting under the arbor (which happens to be a well constructed blend of 4"x4" posts and 2"x10" joists up to the task of car body lifting). With the chassis in a warm, well lit surroundingwork can proceed.The loosing of 4" of wheel base is going to be accomplished in a strange and unusual way. The front spring hangers for the rear springs are going to be re-located that amount foreward on the frame and the frame rails will be shortened in the frame "kick-up over the rear axel. This will keep the shackles and the shocks in correct position to the axel/springs. It will also in effect move the gas tank rearward without touching it. As a third plus point it will put frame splice welding in a clear area and in bi-focal range. The main problem is that the latest issues of "Rod and Custom" and "The Rodder's Journal" came this week and I'm torn with which way to go first. GPster

Dave

Im headed back to the garage today.. I didnt get much done yesterday with company and all but i really didnt plan much.. Im going at the wiring again today. Im gonna install a relay i think to bypass my oil pressure switch for the electric fuel pump. Then its back to the trunk area for tail light wires and fuel sender wires..  Ill work till about 2:30 then im heading out to the hunt grounds again.. Ha i hadnt been out all week being sick and all and I missed again last night  :lol:  No big deal.. We got a lot of hunting left. I think im gonna put the shotgun away and just use the muzzle loader from now on..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

reborn55

had a 4 day weekend but had no car to work on--so the wife had me paint the bathroom, downstairs hall and help strip and refinish the dining room table.  Sure wish I had had something to do in the garage. :D