Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

What's a weekend?  Helped a friend move today.  I spread 20 yards of black dirt in the back yard.  I assembled a new welding cart for the shop and drank some beer.
Tomorrow I well rake dirt, seed and level the back yard and then rake leaves in the front.  Plan to load a car I sold and take delivery on a cadillac that needs a new motor for a friend.  Clean the shop for a club meeting wed. night.  then I can do some laundry, some cooking and take care of the dog and drink some beer,
Doesn't retirement sound gooood!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

enjenjo

I'm spending the weekend buttoning things down for winter.  It's getting close. So yard cleanup, and putting things away has been it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

well, i spent yesterday putting head gaskets in my '00 chevy pu......
 :roll:
supposed to be mid 70's today and i thing i need to go for a ride..... :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm spending the weekend buttoning things down for winter.  It's getting close. So yard cleanup, and putting things away has been it.
Me too, but with an alterior motive. I took the cushions off the lawn furniture and moved the picnic table and chairs together in the open so I can cover them for the winter. The grill too. That opens up the            12'x 12'x 9'h Arbor which happens to be sitting in line with my garage door. When the relatives happen to be here for Thanksgiving we can push the Jeepster out of the garage and under the Arbor. With the garage space open and help here we can push the S15 rolling/powered chassis from out back and closer to my "Buzz Box". With luck I can have the chassis sized for the new (old) body for Christmas. Then the Arbor and come-alongs and relatives can give me a Christmas Present I can use. GPster

Dave

Joe I love it .. You always have a plan  :idea:  Im almost ready to prime but I couldnt do it today and still hunt with my son so... L8TR im heading to the woods.. :wink:  :arrow:
Dave :lol:

kb426

I'm short 2 adapters to hook up the fuel lines. All the rest of that mess is done. I received the injector adapters saturday. That was 4 days mail time from Toronto to sw Kansas. I need to call Painless tomorrow for info on rewireing the mass air sensor. I found several things that weren't quite right on the harness. This was a used one from ebay. The braces are in the cowl for the dash and the heater. At about 5:30 I was shot and quit. Vance, I'm not a hunter. It takes to much effort to get a lic, and find a place to hunt. It's not easy like it was 30 years ago.
TEAM SMART

alchevy

Went to the Klassy Kruzer's Fun Run in Crossett, Arkansas this weekend. Had a great time. There were 105 registered. It was a pre-'67 show. Weather was perfect! Highs around 71 and lows in the 40s.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"Vance, I'm not a hunter. It takes to much effort to get a lic, and find a place to hunt. It's not easy like it was 30 years ago.

I understand. :)

things have really changed, used to, as long as you asked permission first, and if you got anything, at least offer to share with the land owner, everything was cool. :D

but not anymore :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

GPster

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"things have really changed, used to, as long as you asked permission first, and if you got anything, at least offer to share with the land owner, everything was cool. :D but not anymore :( Vance
Fifty years ago I used to go hunting with my father. We would go squirel huntig in the woods behind a chicken farm. The farmer was glad to get someone to shoot them because they were always in his chicken feed. We had an old couple that was tickled to get squirel meat for stew and they paid a quarter for two and it paid for our shells. In the summer we shot "wood chucks" on a truck growers farm and we were allowed to harvest whatever we wanted before we left. I used to act like a "squirel dog" or spotter until I turned 10. Then as long as I was with an adult (my father) I could carry a gun. When I turned 14 I could get a license to hunt and I passed the test but I would have had to by a license. I didn't see any sense in waisting money killing anything I wouldn't prepare and eat so I gave that up. Used to fish when I was younger too. Had to buy a license, same reason, same outcome. Because I'm disabled I got my "Golden Buckeye" card early and it entitles me to a free fishing license and I only live two blocks from two rivers. I don't need that much time to sit and think with-out doing something and to maybe not get any reward or sense of accomplishment. So I work on junk hating to waste any parts and hoping to someday drive it when I get it together. Gives me a sense of accomplishment and maybe a reward. My "Golden Buckeye" card still gives me a reward and a sense of accomplishment. It gives me a discount at "Captain D's" when I want fish.  GPster

Dave

Well the roadster is in primer and I sanded a little last night. My back has been bothering me so ive been kinda slow the last few days. Tonite im headed to tractor supply to see if they have any of thier cheap anti freeze. Thats the cheapest ive found it and I need to put the fancy chrome hoses and the anitfreeze in the roadster with intentions of turning the heat off in the garage and hanging Deer :lol: I also need to pick up some sta-bil and some 2 stroke oil.. Nother expensive evening im sure. I searched all over for antifreeze prices and i cant believe how much they get for a 50/50 mix? Stupid.. I want a gallon of antifreeze non mixed :lol: TSC has a cheap brand for like 7 bucks a gallon.. Thats me.. After i get it in the car I may have time to do more sanding. Tomorrow ive got to pick up the kid early and were gonna shoot the heavy artilery and get sighted in for thursday :lol: then we will bow hunt till dark tomorrow and sunday evening..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

donsrods

Getting down to the wire on getting mine and my Son's T's done for Turkey Run over Thanksgiving.........only 11 days left til we leave for Daytona.

Mine is in the upholstery shop and is supposed to be done tomorrow.   I still have the grille shell and headlights to paint and some minor wiring to do.  Got my insurance and plates yesterday so I am legal now anyway.  :D

Lots to do on Don's T...........more wiring, brake lines, etc. and it is supposed to go to the upholstery shop Monday. Hope we make it .

Don

GPster

Linda and I have babysitting duty. We go to Cicinnati to watch the grandkids there so our son and daughter-in-law can spend two days "tailgate partying" in Columbus for the OU football game. Kelsey and Puppy, our two dogs, are excited because this is a "Road Trip". We have to be back homeby 6:00 PM on sunday so Linda can go to a Bridal/Baby (which ever comes first) Shower. She hasn't got a present yet so that probably means a trip to the (a?) Mall with a 4 year old and a 7 year old. I should be able to rest on Monday because of the holiday but there's so much brown stuff in the gardens that will have to be hauled off. To break the minotany I'll scrape undercoating on the S15 frame. GPster

Bugpac

Tommorow i am going to pick up molds, get them in the shop and build shelves and shelves and whatever to store stuff out of way, Plan on building 2 roadsters over thanksgiving weekend... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****