Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Saturday morning Hooley and I worked on the Henry J, then he loaded part of it on the trailer and went home.  I kept some of it here and I will work on it until he gets his parts ready for me again.

After lunch my wife and I met up with a bunch of car people and we all made a 6 hour drive through the Missouri and Arkansas Ozark mountains.  It was a great run and we enjoyed the afternoon.

Today I will get my equipment ready for the annual leaf harvest.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Is it a weekend again? When you don't have someone paying you for your time from Monday to Friday,it's hard to keep track. I ransomed my 4X4 rear end yesterday. When I first talked to the guy he thought it was an '88 Blazer but when we pulled it out the Blazer was actually a '92. No problem I guess but it has that brake balancing (?) stuff on it. My first worry was if the brakes would be bad when checking. My 2X4 parts will fit it. A NAPA check showed the parts the same before that "Balancing Act" appeared but now with the new conditions it shows that only the drums are different. But the new drums look like they'll live. The gas tank came also and it is an after-market (Canadian) replacement with a new gas pump in it. I got the plastic "skid pad" too but no mounting straps. I don't know how I'll mount it if I need it because it appears the Blazer frames have two crossmembers behind the rear axel and the pickups only have the one that holds the spare tire up. Been crawling under parked Blazers in parking lots (someone will think I'm a terrorist) but you can't see anything with that plastic shield on. My main concern was that he cut the emergency brake cables/housings with a cut-off tool but my 2X4 cables will probably fit. While I was there he asked me if there was anything else on it I wanted. The tilt column caught my eye because when I slide the firewall back on the S15 frame 7" I don't know how the                steering wheel/pedals/seat will end up. He had the key for it and it was also for "cruise control". He only wanted $20.00 for it and he would pull it then. So for $100.00 and driving him home from work (23 miles) I now have more pieces that should make it come together. 40th wedding anniversary, getting parts (spending $100.00), Trick or Treat night and an up-coming wife's birthday I think my weekend has run it's course and I'll take a nap this afternoon. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Putting the shop back together after the "Great Door Install" ...Bought some new storage shelves to assemble & secure in the corner to "organize things" ...Typical " screwdriver & pliers" home handyman stuff...After using multiple welding clamps, line up punchs & "adjusting"  pre-punched holes to fit , I read the directions to see what part of China they were made in ....Seems they are made in Chicago... :shock:  :shock:
I congratulated the company on their "Customer Comment" card that they finally dropped their level of quality below that of the import  junk.... :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Putting the shop back together after the "Great Door Install" ...Bought some new storage shelves to assemble & secure in the corner to "organize things" ...Typical " screwdriver & pliers" home handyman stuff...After using multiple welding clamps, line up punchs & "adjusting"  pre-punched holes to fit , I read the directions to see what part of China they were made in ....Seems they are made in Chicago... :shock:  :shock:
I congratulated the company on their "Customer Comment" card that they finally dropped their level of quality below that of the import  junk.... :(

Bob your my hero :shock:  :shock:  Im sending you all my lap cards outta my magazines cause your smarter that me and ill bet you can come up with some real needy people that would like a trial sub..
Dave
ps: do you know the address for the busch's  :wink:

Bugpac

Interesting topic, I spent all of yesterday hanging drywall in the new fiberglass shop, spent this morning, till about 3 finishing it up, Short 2 sheets, now its time to mud, oh what fing fun that is.... :shock:  Molds are getting moved next weekend, probbaly will not be ready...They may have to stay in the trailer for a week... :?  still have to get the furnace mounted and the vent thru the roof, got a 4 day weekend next weekend commiting one day for a last of the season trail ride up in the baldwin area, hopefully in the remaining 3 days i can get everything finished up or really close...Got 15 lights off craigslist the other day, will have to get them installed as well... :idea:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

reborn55

With the sedan delivery gone, I was actually able to do a couple of side jobs and clean out part of the garage. Amazing how much stuff piles up in a short period of time.  Without a street rod to work on I guess the Honey Do list will get longer and longer.  Had to repair swing set, move air freshener, change door handles and lock assemblies in the house(one broke and locked her out).

sirstude

Went to see Frankenstein at the local playhouse for our anniversary, then put the Impala away until next spring.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

Hey kids its friday  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I just got in from hunting again.. I gave my stand to my buddy Dave from work. He watched a 10 point mount a Doe and then he couldnt get a shot. :?:  He also saw a 6 point come out by me but i never saw it as there are tree branches to the south of me and its hard to see. Tomorrow my kid gets the hot spot :!: .. Last night I worked on the roadster.. Got one door off and the jambs sanded.. Tomorrow and sunday I hope to finish the doors and get the deck lid off and  do the underside of that then ill be ready for primer.. They are talking snow next wek here but its michigan so we will see.. Ill report back sunday....
Dave

Bugpac

Snow, wtf, I haven't heard that, Today I spent the day in the north of Michigan, we got about 100 miles of good trail riding in, Likely that is it for the orv season, Had a blast likely will be sore as hell tomorrow tho...

phat rat

I don't like that 4 letter word, but I heard the same thing. Will just hope it's a fluke and leaves as quick as it comes.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I get to run fuel lines, install braces for the dash, pedal assy., and install the heater/ac unit. I'm waiting on the correct injector adapters so the efi wiring is on hold probably until next weekend. Last weekend I started to make a list of everything that's left and got irritated and threw the paper away. :lol:
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"I get to run fuel lines, install braces for the dash, pedal assy., and install the heater/ac unit. I'm waiting on the correct injector adapters so the efi wiring is on hold probably until next weekend. Last weekend I started to make a list of everything that's left and got irritated and threw the paper away. :lol:

I figured you'd be out Pheasant hunting :-o
isn't this opening weekend :?:
that is one thing I really miss, loved to hunt the chickens when I was growin' up :D
gotta wait till the 1st of Dec. down here :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "kb426"I get to run fuel lines, install braces for the dash, pedal assy., and install the heater/ac unit. I'm waiting on the correct injector adapters so the efi wiring is on hold probably until next weekend. Last weekend I started to make a list of everything that's left and got irritated and threw the paper away. :lol:

I figured you'd be out Pheasant hunting :-o
isn't this opening weekend :?:
that is one thing I really miss, loved to hunt the chickens when I was growin' up :D
gotta wait till the 1st of Dec. down here :(

Vance

We got turkey season here too. I had 11 by me the other night but no permit and no gun! Im watching to see if maybe I need to buy the license ..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Oh ya I just came in from the garage and my fingers hurt again  :cry:  Ive got the doors both off and the deck lid off and ready for primer. Tomorrow ill maybe start getting stuff together to tape her off.. I do need to get it on stands in the rear and sand the inner fender wells but thats a 5 minute job..  Im getting closer..  Im leaving i gotta go look for that 10 point.. Then try and get home in time to watch the WoO finals on speed..
I better check the mich mich state game too .. Go michigan (sorry Don)

Bugpac

You dont need no stinkin gun, a good archer can down a turkey with an arrow easily.... :D

I need to get down there and check out that ride, hop skip and a jump and i am there... :D

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Bugpac"You dont need no stinkin gun, a good archer can down a turkey with an arrow easily.... :D

I need to get down there and check out that ride, hop skip and a jump and i am there... :D

Be careful.. :!:  :!: ..The last guy we know of that went to visit Dave wasn't heard from for 90 days.... :shock:   :?  :?
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****