Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

looks good. That 1 inch made a big difference. :shock:

donsrods

Thanks.  Surprisingly, it did.  Before the change it looked too flat or something on top, and the bed looked like it was part of the body instead of a seperate part.

Here is a before shot.

Don

enjenjo

Both of them are lookin' good Don.

I started out mowing the lawn yesterday, after  one round, the belt broke, I had to pull the deck to replace it, and found the deck mounts were broken, which broke the belt in the first place. While the deck was off, there was a roller to replace too, so it took 5 hours to get it fixed. I finally finished the lawn at 9 pm.

Today, I rewired the car trailer in preperation for a trip out west. And had a dinner for my son, and daughter in law who are leaving for Vegas, and home tonight.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

Saturday I went over to a friend's place and helped him get his fresh 32 three window ready for Louisville.  And also worked on the chassis and steering for my 26 Model T project.  

Today I went over to another friend's place and helped him disassemble his newly acquired 40 Ford pickup project and build a dolly for the cab.  When it got to hot to work we cruised to my friends shop (it has A/C) and on to another shop to check out a 50 Chevy PU project.

Good weekend!
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

alchevy

On Saturday, I cleaned up the outside of the '40 to get it ready for Louisville. Then drove it over to a friend's house and we put some insulation inside the car and hooked up the 4th and final a/c vent.

Wow, a/c coming out 4 vents and insulation. Gonna be a nicer 11 hour drive to Louisville this year.

Going to get the collector gaskets replaced on Monday with the aluminum kind I have in my '81 Chevy Pickup. They seem to work good in that one.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

BTTT
Im gonna try this but I see no activity of late so im assuming no one really cares  :?:  Doesnt matter to me I can do other things..  (no i dont have a bad attitude its just been a busy day)  I have the roadster frame with engine as a running engine stand :?:  Well it all looked nice so the next thing was to fire it up again. I still need to look at or should I say finish the ram horn manifolds (sanding and smoothing) but they are on and I have the mufflers in place also (although they leak a bit).. The engine seems to run ok but its got a lil miss on Idle and seems to throw a lil smoke once in a while.. It does pull 20 inches of vaccum and thats a good sign.. The carb that was all mucked up when I got it works pretty good now ..  I have the radiator in place with straight water in it and the trans is full and i had to replace the vaccum advance unit but its working now..  Im thinking after Kzoo ill be hammering on the body.. I gotta get the frame welt in place and im gonna prolly throw the drive shaft in tomorrow and jack it up and play with that.  I have a hi-tech gold chainer tranny dip stick to put in and a replacement kick down cable but i wanted to get the fluid back in the converter before i fooled with that..  I really should have been on the bike today as it was a nice day for riding. Oh well that may happen tomorrow. Id throw in the details on the bike too but  Harley's seem to belong on another board..
Peace
Dave
ps: no I dont Bite and yes ive become a LURKER
:wink:  :arrow:

enjenjo

Well, I have the trees all cut up, logs loaded for the mill, and the brush all cleaned up, and burnt. So today I got back on the 38 Plymouth truck, I have the left rear fender, and left running board fitted, I'll have to do a little glass work on both, but all things considered they fit pretty good. My birthday is tomorrow, I think they made plans for me. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I have the trees all cut up, logs loaded for the mill, and the brush all cleaned up, and burnt. So today I got back on the 38 Plymouth truck, I have the left rear fender, and left running board fitted, I'll have to do a little glass work on both, but all things considered they fit pretty good. My birthday is tomorrow, I think they made plans for me. :lol:

Well happy birthday and Mine is Tuesday 9/11.. You dont know how much fun it is to celebrate it now after almost not having another..
Dave

jaybee

Been working on removing garnish moldings & the like from the wagon and adjusting doors so I can finally start burning some metal.  The doors fit perfectly, same with the lower tailgate so it looks like the body and chassis are pretty straight.  The upper tailgate has a left side hinge bent, I'll need to work on that as that side sits low.  I need to get a buddy over to my house to help me decide whether to patch the floor pans or install new.  Inner and outer rockers are toast, they'll be replaced for sure.  Oh, and my 1 year anniversary at work is 9/11.  Love the job. After a couple of bad moves, it's great to be working in a place that feels like home.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Carps

Opted out of the Deuce 75 years celebrations ysterday and today had a quiet time at a local model car show.

Aside from that, not much happenin.  Did fit up the foglamps i got from the old Ford V8 Parts guys in Californy and got some neat billet breather caps that fit perfectly uder the finned cast breather covers I got from dennis at Louisville.  I figure hiding the billet under the neat old style castings gives me the best of both worlds.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now I'm working on a project plan for another new car launch, yeah I know it's still Sunday, that's what I get for taking five weeks off to galavant round the world with some of you blokes.   :cry:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

donsrods

Finally got my T body and my Son's T body ready to go to the paint shop Monday morning.  Mine will be black and his will be Grabber Blue.  Now we can concentrate on the finishing touches on both cars........trying to make Turkey Run in Daytona over Thanksgiving.  Should be possible to do.  At least mine starts and runs, and his is not too far behind.

Don

alchevy

Quote from: "jaybee"Oh, and my 1 year anniversary at work is 9/11.

So is mine! 14 years for me. With that date in history reminding us of a bad thing, it's nice to have some good things on that date also.

Every Saturday since Louisville, I've been cruisin' somewhere. There's a cruise-in almost every Saturday around here.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

purplepickup

Saturday I waxed the Cadillac, made a For Sale sign, and put it out in front of my Mom's house.  She lives on a heavily traveled state highway.  It's been a nice car.  I'd buy another one.

I worked on a couple of projects while watching 6 hours of Alton Brown's "Feasting on Asphalt" special on the food channel where he rides a bike and eats his way up the Mississippi from New Orleans to the beginning of the river in northern Minnesota.  I like that show.  Being on the road is something I really like and they were having lots of fun.

I varnished the inside of a trailer I've been working on and insulated the ramp/door and painted it.

Sunday the Caddy sold.  I put different tires on the back of the Rambler and moved the pickup into the shop to put a new carb on before Nats North.

Basically a lazy putzy weekend.
George

Dave

purplepickup

Quote from: "jusjunk"Its thursday the weekend is comming :!:
Truckin' up to the cabin to treat the logs to their once every 6 years dose of wood preservative....and watch the world go by from a deep in the woods perspective.  

I might treat myself to a couple of 12 ounce doses of preservative too 8)
George