Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Grandadeo"If the thunder and lightning stops soon (no rain yet) I'll be in the backyard walking behind a big concrete saw that I borrowed from work.  Got a 10' X 10' slab that an old shed used to sit on.  Its in the way of where the new cement pond is going.  So rather than have the pool builder just bust it up, I hope to cut it into 18" X 5' slabs and move it all to the other side of the house and have two 40'  strips for parking a trailer or what ever on.  My yard is real sandy so anything parked a long time starts sinking and is real fun to pull out.  However, its sounding worse outside so this my run into tomorrow.  Just hate to waste all the good concrete, I'll probably think differently later.

Lee
C-ment pond .. Dam I wish i had your money... If I did id have someone finish my car.. Id maybe call floyd cotterpin... Duane is my hero anyway.. Anyone that can be such an azz and live is my hero..
Ha Ha
Dave

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Grandadeo"If the thunder and lightning stops soon (no rain yet) I'll be in the backyard walking behind a big concrete saw that I borrowed from work.  Got a 10' X 10' slab that an old shed used to sit on.  Its in the way of where the new cement pond is going.  So rather than have the pool builder just bust it up, I hope to cut it into 18" X 5' slabs and move it all to the other side of the house and have two 40'  strips for parking a trailer or what ever on.  My yard is real sandy so anything parked a long time starts sinking and is real fun to pull out.  However, its sounding worse outside so this my run into tomorrow.  Just hate to waste all the good concrete, I'll probably think differently later.

Lee

3rd day in a row I got chased off the job by lightning. I'm putting down about 200' of retaining wall blocks at the house I'm working on, and I ain't goofy enough to run a big electric wet saw when the bolts start flying. I may be a member of Team Smart, but I didn't ride the short bus to school either... :D

Bad enough friday, when the guy pressure washing the roof had his line split about 10' from where I was working. Soaked the %&#$ out of me with liquid pool chlorine. Ruined my favorite old work shirt... :twisted:  :arrow:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Lee

3rd day in a row I got chased off the job by lightning. I'm putting down about 200' of retaining wall blocks at the house I'm working on, and I ain't goofy enough to run a big electric wet saw when the bolts start flying. I may be a member of Team Smart, but I didn't ride the short bus to school either... :D

Bad enough friday, when the guy pressure washing the roof had his line split about 10' from where I was working. Soaked the %&#$ out of me with liquid pool chlorine. Ruined my favorite old work shirt... :twisted:  :arrow:  :D

Wow you gots insurance dude :!:  Just so happens im starting my own company for accident insurance. You could be my first customer.  Its gonna take a while to build up the fund so i woul watch yerself for a few years. Like maybe 15-20.  I figure at your age and physical condition I could set you up for around 500 a month.  I can send you the forms and you could start payment as soon as your ready.. The payments will go to my partner in texas. Oh ya just a reminder fore ya get the papers .. we dont cover hurricanes tornaders floods or accidental drownings.. We do cover motorcycle crashes and carpel tunnel along with a few other things.. Oh ya accidental electromocution is not on the list either along with terrorist attacks or drug deals gone bad and date rape drug issues..
Vance can prolly fill you in on what is covered  soon as he gets my list..
TIA for considering MY WAY Insurance..
Dave

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Lee

Wow you gots insurance dude :!:  Just so happens im starting my own company for accident insurance. You could be my first customer.  Its gonna take a while to build up the fund so i woul watch yerself for a few years. Like maybe 15-20.  I figure at your age and physical condition I could set you up for around 500 a month.  I can send you the forms and you could start payment as soon as your ready.. The payments will go to my partner in texas. Oh ya just a reminder fore ya get the papers .. we dont cover hurricanes tornaders floods or accidental drownings.. We do cover motorcycle crashes and carpel tunnel along with a few other things.. Oh ya accidental electromocution is not on the list either along with terrorist attacks or drug deals gone bad and date rape drug issues..
Vance can prolly fill you in on what is covered  soon as he gets my list..
TIA for considering MY WAY Insurance..
Dave

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The only part of me that didn't get any of it before I ran was my face. Not that the chlorine would have improved anything... 8)  :D

Thank gawd it didn't get into my eyes or I'd be in jail right now on big charges. I know the guy who owns the business, and he doesn't have a good reputation. He's killed more plants in the developement than agent orange would have.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Grandadeo

Quote from: "jusjunk"
C-ment pond .. Dam I wish i had your money... If I did id have someone finish my car.. Id maybe call floyd cotterpin... Duane is my hero anyway.. Anyone that can be such an azz and live is my hero..
Ha Ha
Dave

The pool's not costing a lot.  Only about 75% of what I paid for the whole darn house back in '84.  But hey, I'm a grandfather, Its my job.

The lightning finally stopped and the rain let up enough for me to get started on the slab.  Of course about the first thing that happened was the pull start cord on the gas engine decided not to recoil anymore.  I just love borrowing stuff.  Got two 10' cuts done and will finish it tomorrow.  Although the slabs might start getting wider.  Not sure if I have five more 10' cuts in me.  Think I better check the weather forecast too.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

nzsimon

I finish welded all my seat belt mounting points today i am nursing a hangover its a tough job may take me all day
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

phat rat

real men drive purple, Dang that means I am :D

Ce ment pond I didn't know Jethro was here
:lol:

Nothing getting done I'm in Minneapolis, but I did get the 38 sold and delivered it Wed.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

reborn55

Not much doing here.  Wife took grandkids to Splashin Safari and gave me a whole day to work on delivery and mow lawn.  Today they recuperate while I do the honey do list. Oh well--need a break from cars anyway.

Grandadeo

Well all the concrete is cut up into 2' X 5' slabs.  Now I have to haul them all to the other side of the house and put them in two rows for a 30' long trailer parking spot, or anything else that needs to be hidden behind the privacy fence.  Sounds like a job for my son.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

enjenjo

Well, I bit the bullet and put new shock mounts on the Marlin. It's only been running with one rear shock for a year. Drives a lot better now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Fixed the front bumper on my van today, the brackets were rusted out. Ford wanted $110 each for them, so I made my own out of 3/16" steel.

Carps

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Carps"Long weekend huh Frank?

Well this is stuff I have been putting off forever, and I decided this week I am ging to get it done. Tomorrow I am going to hook up the electric brakes on the truck so I can pull the big trailer safely,

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well this is stuff I have been putting off forever,
And this is a problem?   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Carps"Long weekend huh Frank?

Well this is stuff I have been putting off forever, and I decided this week I am ging to get it done. Tomorrow I am going to hook up the electric brakes on the truck so I can pull the big trailer safely,

is it a 5th wheel :?:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****