Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

My goal for this weekend is to get my newly painted frame sitting on lots of newly painted suspension pieces. :)  Worked til 1 AM last night, got the frame shot in satin black, now I have to take all my primered axles and all and get them sprayed with color.

I think I see the finish line coming on this project.  :lol:  :lol:

Don

sirstude

Don, you're so darn productive, how about if you vacation up this direction for a while and get my car done.  Sure doesn't seem like I am getting very far.   :lol:

Rod run in Great Falls tomorrow and then going to take the rear apart on the Impala on Sunday.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

donsrods

Doug, I'm only coming if the ice has melted for the year.  :D   I was in Little Falls one January, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  :shock:  :shock:

Don

Dave

Quote from: "sirstude"Don, you're so darn productive, how about if you vacation up this direction for a while and get my car done.  Sure doesn't seem like I am getting very far.   :lol:

Rod run in Great Falls tomorrow and then going to take the rear apart on the Impala on Sunday.

Doug

I was thinking the same thing Doug.. Dam im riding the scooter and tomorrow ill have the coupe out and the roadster is in pieces.. Hell ill send it to him :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Of course thats with no labor charge but he can keep the experience..
Dave :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

sirstude

It's 80 degrees right now, haven't had any ice since last Thursday.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

alchevy

Going to a car show at an O'Reileys in the morning in Clinton, MS. Then probably go to a cruise-in that night.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Carps

Big week of new car launch activity coming up, so my weekend is kinda screwed, workin for da man.   :(
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "donsrods"Whoa, that engine is really trick.  Tell us more about it.
Don

It appears to have KONG twin plug heads, which suggests it is a race only powerplant developed to make some serious (for a flatty) mumbo.
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "sirstude"Don, you're so darn productive, how about if you vacation up this direction for a while and get my car done.
DON"T DO IT DON!

A 'vacation' downunder will be much more fun and bvesides I have much more needs to be done.   :wink:    

QuoteSure doesn't seem like I am getting very far.   :lol:
Don't feel bad, you aint Robinson Crusoe.   :(
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "donsrods"Doug, I'm only coming if the ice has melted for the year.  :D  

We never have ice here!

Heck, we don't even have any water from which to make ice.   :shock:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

bucketmouth

Les had a good turnout today for the first firing up of his sidey. He put on beers and a bbq lunch that went down well.
I liked the sound of it but I wouldn't have picked it for a sidey though. He's putting it in a 30 coupe.
He found the motor on a trailer under some other stuff at the L.A Roadsters Fathers Day show.
This is how Les describes the motor in his own words..........
Yep , looks like its pretty busy A, its 324 cubic inches, bored to 3 7/16", Velesco 180 degree crank , 4 3/8" stroke, Kong heads , set up to run dual plugs, two identical ignition systems by msd, block & oil pan modified to use full king girdle, cunningham rods, ross pistons, Billet cam, four 97 carbs.  
click on the link for a better look of it and some other stuff he has in his shop.
http://www.landbarge.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=20
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

UGLY OLDS

This is how Les describes the motor in his own words..........
Yep , looks like its pretty busy A, its 324 cubic inches, bored to 3 7/16", Velesco 180 degree crank , 4 3/8" stroke, Kong heads , set up to run dual plugs, two identical ignition systems by msd, block & oil pan modified to use full king girdle, cunningham rods, ross pistons, Billet cam, four 97 carbs.  

That's a LOT of flat motor... :shock:  It's good to see someone serious about running a UHV motor  :!:  :!:  :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

alchevy

Went to a small car show on Saturday in Clinton, MS. Had 42 registered, but still had a good time there. There was a long '46 Chevy Pickup with a flat bed on the back of it. My friend Steve brought his roadster out.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat rat

don't know why I haven't thought of this before and posted what I do everyday.  After all every one is a Sat. except for Sun. So my week-ends are 7 days long :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

alchevy

Quote from: "phat rat"don't know why I haven't thought of this before and posted what I do everyday.  After all every one is a Sat. except for Sun. So my week-ends are 7 days long :lol:

Go ahead and rub-it-in!

www.astreetrodder.com