Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

There are more primer stains on my hands in my future, this weekend.   I stayed up til 4 AM the other night, sandblasting the rear axle and spring for the T, so today I am going to prime it and all the front end parts I got cleaned up before that.

At least stuff is getting closer to the finish line.  :D  :D

Don

donsrods

I'll be glad when I can stop wrestling with these 200 pound chunks of steel.

Don

Carnut

Well, I spend most all my time slaving over a hot keyboard. Heh, heh, keyboards on notebooks can get real hot on occasion.

This weekend I've just started adding some new functionality to some of my web pages.

In what I call my 'Index of Pics' I have lists of pics on my site grouped by make and on some of the more popular makes it gets to be a bit of a long list.

So on those long lists it became obvious that they needed something to give folks a clue as to what all was there besides a rather nondescript link and having click on each pic to see it. I'm sure it could get a bit tedious.

So this is what I've come up with, if ya all want to check it out.

http://carnut.com/photo/list/ford/ford32/f32hr1.html

It probably don't work in all browsers or configurations, but I'm still kinda tickled to have come up with it, so, thought I'd post it here for grins.

Guess the tradeoff here is that all that info takes awhile to load, so it's a bit slow on slower connections.

UGLY OLDS

I'm still wonderin' when last weeks "shot in the back" is gonna start workin'........Wonder if it came with a warranty :?:  :?:  :?  :?
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I'm still wonderin' when last weeks "shot in the back" is gonna start workin'........Wonder if it came with a warranty :?:  :?:  :?  :?

Didn't work for me either. :cry:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

The Blue Suede Cruise in Tupelo, MS is HOT! Hot temps and even hotter cars here. Over 630 have registered.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Well, the truck is painted and gone, Fatcats eaves troughs are up, and I started stripping the Buick. We'll finish that tomorrow.

enjenjo

QuoteGuess the tradeoff here is that all that info takes awhile to load, so it's a bit slow on slower connections.

Works fine for me. 1200 32 roadster photos? How many pictures do you have?

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, the truck is painted and gone, Fatcats eaves troughs are up, and I started stripping the Buick. We'll finish that tomorrow.

GREAT :!:  :!:  :!:  What's planned for after lunch :?:  :?:  :P  :P

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Carnut"Well, I spend most all my time slaving over a hot keyboard. Heh, heh, keyboards on notebooks can get real hot on occasion.

This weekend I've just started adding some new functionality to some of my web pages.

In what I call my 'Index of Pics' I have lists of pics on my site grouped by make and on some of the more popular makes it gets to be a bit of a long list.

So on those long lists it became obvious that they needed something to give folks a clue as to what all was there besides a rather nondescript link and having click on each pic to see it. I'm sure it could get a bit tedious.

It probably don't work in all browsers or configurations, but I'm still kinda tickled to have come up with it, so, thought I'd post it here for grins.

Guess the tradeoff here is that all that info takes awhile to load, so it's a bit slow on slower connections.

Hey Carnut :!:  :!:  That's NEAT :!:  :!: You got better pictures of my car than I do :!:  :!:  :!:  ( Olds 2-dr sedan..# 2-3 & 4 ) ...It had to be at the Rocky Mountain Nats....Thanx :!:  :!:  :!:

Unreal...The '37 Dodge 2-dr sedan # 2-3&4 are my KID :!:  :!:  We built that car before the Olds...Photos are from the same show when he was taking the car from here in Il to his home ( at that time) , in Tucson  :!:  :!: Thanx again :!:  :!: We're FAMOUS   :!:  :!:  :!:

Carnut

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteGuess the tradeoff here is that all that info takes awhile to load, so it's a bit slow on slower connections.

Works fine for me. 1200 32 roadster photos? How many pictures do you have?

Neato. Gonna be awhile before I get all the rest of the site updated with this functionality.

I do hope folks will appreciate it.

As of today I've got over 84,000 pics on the site.

Carnut

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "Carnut"Well, I spend most all my time slaving over a hot keyboard. Heh, heh, keyboards on notebooks can get real hot on occasion.

Hey Carnut :!:  :!:  That's NEAT :!:  :!: You got better pictures of my car than I do :!:  :!:  :!:  ( Olds 2-dr sedan..# 2-3 & 4 ) ...It had to be at the Rocky Mountain Nats....Thanx :!:  :!:  :!:

Unreal...The '37 Dodge 2-dr sedan # 2-3&4 are my KID :!:  :!:  We built that car before the Olds...Photos are from the same show when he was taking the car from here in Il to his home ( at that time) , in Tucson  :!:  :!: Thanx again :!:  :!: We're FAMOUS   :!:  :!:  :!:

Yep, I have taken a few pics at the Rocky Mountain nats over the years.

sirstude

Carnut,

I am not sure, it was in primer the last time I saw it, years ago, but I think the 1940 Studebaker 2 door sedan #2,3 belongs to Ron Kuncl from Nebraska.  Probably shot it at the Rocky Mountain nats too.  Last car I saw of his was a custom coupe express with an Olds 455.  If anyone happens to know him, say hello for me.  Lost track of him years ago.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

river1

Quote from: "jusjunk"No m not gonna work real hard just hard ebuff..
Dave

OK frank mows the lawn in the buff :shock: , you do carpentry in the buff,  :shock:  :shock: makes me glad i live in the SW. i hope you measure with a measuring tape, because if you use anything else your measurements will come up short :P  :P  :P

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :b-d:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "jusjunk"No m not gonna work real hard just hard ebuff..
Dave

OK frank mows the lawn in the buff :shock: , you do carpentry in the buff,  :shock:  :shock: makes me glad i live in the SW. i hope you measure with a measuring tape, because if you use anything else your measurements will come up short :P  :P  :P

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :b-d:

later jim

Ha Ha.. I didnt think a lil typing error would be interpreted like that but good catch :lol:  :lol:  Ive got the railing almost done with the exception the lumber yard was out of spindles and i wont have them till next week. I could have it all done today but im pretty sore so ill just relax today..
Dave