Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

There is a low buck glass deuce roadster featured in the new Hot Rod, it's right here in town, built by a couple guys down the street. Total cost was just over $11,000, a very nice car. I saw Ken at the hardware store today, he invited me down monday evening, wants to do some trading of parts.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

I'll be doing the same thing I have been doing for months........prepping and painting parts for the T.  Got the entire frontend hung the other night, and the rear axle painted.  Starting to get stoked, it is looking like a rod at last.

Don

donsrods

Dave

Looks good Don.. Ill be glad when i get to the painting stage .
Dave 8)

donsrods

Thanks Dave.  Yep, I gotta say it feels pretty good to be bolting stuff on for the (hopefully) final time.  I really hate the part leading up to that though, the prep and painting.  I really have to hand it to guys who do this kind of work all the time.  It's messy, hard work, and takes so long.

How is yours coming?

Don

sirstude

I have been installing the new gears in the Impala for the last 4 days.  I have never done this before and it has been a lot of fun.  Part of the time delay is I don't hae a press and have to drive across the valley to where a friend has one.  Everything looks pretty good right now, but I am going to try to pull .001 out of the pinion shim.  The pattern is just a bit more toward the heel than I think it should be.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"There is a low buck glass deuce roadster featured in the new Hot Rod, it's right here in town, built by a couple guys down the street. Total cost was just over $11,000, a very nice car. I saw Ken at the hardware store today, he invited me down monday evening, wants to do some trading of parts.

I read the article last night & wondered if you knew them...It is a nice car...My kinda guys...They don't seem to like spending $$$$ & are not afraid to do things themselves...Is Swanton becoming the new hot rod "Meca"  :?:  :?: Boy, add this to the leaning pole & the "animal stories" & you guys are REALLY going to draw the tourists...... :!:  :!:  :lol:  :lol:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

QuoteIs Swanton becoming the new hot rod "Meca"

It's always been like that around here. I live out in the country, and there are at least 20 hot rods within a mile, not all of them pre 48, but a bunch anyway. Them farm boys is always building somethin'.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

My junk...... Heres the roadster frame after today and the deck project.
Dave

alchevy

I went to a car show on Saturday in Pelahatchie, MS called the Crooked Creek Car Fest. They were expecting maybe 40 cars and 89 showed up. Lots of different styles to look at.

These first two pictures, the trailer was made by a few friends of mine from a refrigerator. I took a picture of two '50 Fords together, one custom & one stock. They put me by the railroad tracks.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Sue and I are off to indy at about 3:30 this afternoon. Going to the hoosier hundred then back to a motel in anderson indiana and we will be there for the little 500 tomorrow evening. Heading home sunday and maybe stop and se rob and deb in Ft Wayne . Monday ive got to work on the step daughters daily :cry: .. Looks like rain for the weekend so im crossing my fingers that we get the races in again this year..
Dave

sirstude

It's our rod run this weekend,  It has been raining for the last week pretty much.  We have had about 3 inches of rain this week, and normally get 10-12 inches per year.  Finally caught up.  This morning it is misting, but the sky is really heavy, dought it will be gone today, but tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful.  They say it will lift this afternoon, which is ok since things don't get rolling until about 4:00.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Carps

Got home late last night after accident on crappy Brisvegas Frewway casued me to miss my plane.  Had to come home the long way.

Slept in this morning and couldn;t be bothered finishing the water pump replace in the '33, so went to rod run instead.

Here's a few pics.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Wasn't really a Rod Run, more a get togehter at Steve Costa's shop.

here's a few more pics.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"There is a low buck glass deuce roadster featured in the new Hot Rod, it's right here in town, built by a couple guys down the street. Total cost was just over $11,000, a very nice car. I saw Ken at the hardware store today, he invited me down monday evening, wants to do some trading of parts.

Frank, when I saw that those guys were from Swanton I expected to see you or at least your name in the article. But i thought it was supposed to be a low bucks car.....$11,000!!!!!! ..... I don't have $11'000 in both my rods, and they look like it too..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: