Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"don't know why I haven't thought of this before and posted what I do everyday.  After all every one is a Sat. except for Sun. So my week-ends are 7 days long :lol:

Jeeeeez. Get a job, ya' slacker... :mrgreen:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "phat rat"don't know why I haven't thought of this before and posted what I do everyday.  After all every one is a Sat. except for Sun. So my week-ends are 7 days long :lol:

Jeeeeez. Get a job, ya' slacker... :mrgreen:

Ya I probably should. But I think I'll take 43 years off first as that's how long I spent in the same shop. So anyone want to hire me when I'm 105 years old?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

reborn55

There is a great cruise/show this weekend in Piggot, Arkansas.  Good people and great food..Not too far from George Ray's dragstrip in Paragould, Ar.

bucketmouth

Here's that trick sidey I was telling you about earlier being fired up.

I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Dave

Its Friday... Mowed the lawn last night and the Deck is done. Today im leaving early to go to court with my son on getting his drivers license back.
I sure hope he gets it. Its been a busy week and i plan on relaxing tonite then having back after the roadster frame tomorrow. Id like to get a whole bunch more of it sanded this weekend. I still have another canadian emailing me on buying the car but he really hasnt come up with enuff cash yet. Ill email him again but im going to continue with my plan. Im not gonna be in town next weekend so i need to get a bunch done this weekend.
Dave

Rochie

Grandadeo

That's the problem with retirement, you never get a day off!  That's why I unretire a couple times a year back to the ol' Nuke Plant.  There I work 7 days a week AND get paid for it....but it sure ain't like being retired, at home I don't work the midnight shift and the only person I get to watch work is me.  Think I'll go to bed now.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

phat rat

Quote from: "Grandadeo"

That's the problem with retirement, you never get a day off!  That's why I unretire a couple times a year back to the ol' Nuke Plant.  There I work 7 days a week AND get paid for it....but it sure ain't like being retired, at home I don't work the midnight shift and the only person I get to watch work is me.  Think I'll go to bed now.

Lee

Hey Lee I feel for you but can't quite reach. Course you're still a young squirt
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"Its Friday... Mowed the lawn last night and the Deck is done. Today im leaving early to go to court with my son on getting his drivers license back.
I sure hope he gets it. Its been a busy week and i plan on relaxing tonite then having back after the roadster frame tomorrow. Id like to get a whole bunch more of it sanded this weekend. I still have another canadian emailing me on buying the car but he really hasnt come up with enuff cash yet. Ill email him again but im going to continue with my plan. Im not gonna be in town next weekend so i need to get a bunch done this weekend.
Dave

Hey Dave...Look at the new American Rodder Mag...The did a special article just for YOU :!:  :!:  " How to build a Deuce Roadster" ...They got their's done in 15 pages... :P  :P  :P
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Its Friday... Mowed the lawn last night and the Deck is done. Today im leaving early to go to court with my son on getting his drivers license back.
Dave

Hey Dave...Look at the new American Rodder Mag...The did a special article just for YOU :!:  :!:  " How to build a Deuce Roadster" ...They got their's done in 15 pages... :P  :P  :P

Rookies... If i wanted to i could be done in 2 weeks and thats full paint..
Dave :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

alchevy

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Look at the new American Rodder Mag...The did a special article just for YOU :!:  :!:  " How to build a Deuce Roadster" ...They got their's done in 15 pages... :P  :P  :P

Is that the May issue? In the May issue, they did a story on Street Rods by Michael and my friend, Chris whose car is there, got his car in the magazine. It's a '38 Chevy Coupe.
AL
PS: What you said about them getting their's done in 15 pages reminds me of a story I heard Sam Memmolo say while I was waiting in line at the Street Rod Nats to get his autograph. He said that when he was driving the T-bucket that they built on TV to an event one time, it broke down on him. Right in the middle of traffic and people soon realized that a celeb was in the broken down car. So he went to hunting what the problem was. The whole time telling himself that he had 30 minutes to fix this problem like he does on TV! It turned out to be a switch that was under a seat that got kicked or something that shut the car down.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Well I wanted to drag the roadster frame out side for sanding but it rained here and looks to be awful damp.. Hopefully at least by this after noon. I either do it outside with reduced cleanup to the shop or i roll the bike and the coupe out and mess up the shop..
Dave :wink:

Carps

It's the weekend already?   :shock:

Darn it, guess I better head home and swap the grubby clothing for clean stuff before heading out again on Sunday.

Oh well, I'll be on vacation soon, especially if the weekends keep coming up so fast.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Roadstar

My Girlfriend is coming to visit, I'm not gonna get anything done :wink:  :D

Dave

Quote from: "Roadstar"My Girlfriend is coming to visit, I'm not gonna get anything done :wink:  :D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Oh Ya your gonna get something done... You DOG you 8)  8)  8)
Dave :wink: