Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ive got the railing almost done with the exception the lumber yard was out of spindles and i wont have them till next week.
Dave
Make sure you understand the building permits and see if they have a Code on the spindles and their placement. My neighbor ran into a snaffoo with his back porch. His wife had found some iron railing with twistered spindles (the kind they made in Orange County before he started building motorcycles in his basement) and they would not conform to Code. The rail shouldn't be lower than 32" or higher than 36", any space between the bottom of the railing and the floor can't be more than 3" and the measurement between the spindles can't be wider than 3". These measurements are as best as I can remember but they are so kids, crawlers or toddlers, will not get stuck and suffocate in the spaces. The spacing between the iron spindles is 5 1/2" and the sections are only 26" (?) high so placement in heigth is iffy and he was needing to rebuild each section to re-space the twisted spindles. If you are subject to a final inspection because of a building permit make sure that they won't throw is kind of thing at you. GPster

Dave

Here its 5 inch centers for 2x2 spindles. I dont understant the heigh thing joe? I wonder why there would be a maximum height. Ive got 41 inch long spindles and we checked the neighbors rail and its 41 inches high.
Dave

donsrods

Got the rest of the front suspension primed, now I just have to dress up the rear axle and I can shoot some primer on it and the rear spring.

Goal is to have the frame in paint by next Sunday at this time.

Don

donsrods

donsrods

Carps

Thought I'd take a drive, water pump noise worse than ever, didn't make it out the driveway beofre the drive belt screamed to let me know the pump had finally karked it completely.

Went to dealer for OEM replacement,, no stock.  Went to aftermaket store, no stock.  After about six stores I cracked it and 'ordered one in'.

Went home and pondred car with no grille or radiator, finished half built model race car.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

tomslik

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Carps

Colour?

White primer with a couple of coats of 'Smoothster Yellow'  Then a few coats of 'Boyd's Orange Pearl'.  The centre 'strip' and lower edges are fogged in over the orage with 'Aluma Coupe Pearl Yellow'

It looks much better in daylight.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

bucketmouth

One of the guys bought this trick looking sidey about a year ago from the U.S. He's gonna fire it up tomorrow so that's something to be excited about. Can't wait to hear it running. 8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

donsrods

Whoa, that engine is really trick.  Tell us more about it.

Don

Dave

Ok its friday.....................Going to the Coldwater show tomorrow. Sue was just here for morning break and asked me if i still wanted to go :?: She said i didnt seem too excited about it.. Well im kinda burned out on shows but were gonna go anyway. Its the after math of the heart attack again.. I got different priorities :lol:  :?: I wanted to finish my deck this week and weekend but the lumber yard wont have the spindles till monday they tell me now so i have the weekend free.. Dunno what im going to do sunday. Sue is going to Ft Wayne and her and April and the grand daughter are going to the zoo.. Id go but they prolly will want to keep me (ok Frank insert BS here):lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ok its friday.....................Going to the Coldwater show tomorrow. Sue was just here for morning break and asked me if i still wanted to go :?: She said i didnt seem too excited about it.. Well im kinda burned out on shows but were gonna go anyway. Its the after math of the heart attack again.. I got different priorities :lol:  :?: I wanted to finish my deck this week and weekend but the lumber yard wont have the spindles till monday they tell me now so i have the weekend free.. Dunno what im going to do sunday. Sue is going to Ft Wayne and her and April and the grand daughter are going to the zoo.. Id go but they prolly will want to keep me (ok Frank insert BS here):lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

Frank's busy......Ask'ed me to cover for him...As far as going to the zoo, I'd be more concerned about Sue trying to trade you for something useful.... :P  :P  :shock:  :shock:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

QuoteId go but they prolly will want to keep me (ok Frank insert BS here

I doubt they want you. :shock:  You're too smart for a monkey, and too dumb to be human.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Happy Weekend!
Mine started Wednesday when I had to replace the guts of my main toilet!
Thursday, I took the Vicky to work as we all were invited to Gator Leasing (truck rental) for Lunch!
Friday, Fixing to sign my life away on a high risk loan to purchase property in a foreign country, borrowing 150K repaying over 400K!!
This  Weekend, I am on call from work and as usual, someone will throw me under the bus and smash me flat!!
Haven't touched the cars for a couple weeks! Noticed the air wasn't working in the Vicky, Want to take Mom out (My Wife) for mother's day so Saturday I will have to trace down that little problem! (in between calls from work stuff)
Does anyone have anything I can do for them? I don't think I'm busy enough!?

Bruce

Dave

Friday, Fixing to sign my life away on a high risk loan to purchase property in a foreign country, borrowing 150K repaying over 400K!!
Bruce[/quote]
HUH :?  Dam that just dont sound right..
Dave :roll: