Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

I finally got the frame for my T primed.  Wheeled it outside, epoxy primed it, and let Florida do it's thing to cure it.

After a little spot putty work I am going to wheel it back outside and shoot the black paint onto it.  Finally starting to see some progress.

Don

donsrods

enjenjo

Is that an A rear crossmember?

I am installing disc brakes on a 36 Plymouth, using the original hubs. I am using late model Pontiac rotors. All that's left is a caliper bracket.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

Yeah, it is.  My Son and I cut the ends off and welded it into the new tubing frame.  It's gonna have just a round tank behind the T body, so I wanted sort of an old timey crossmember back there.

By the way, did your old time track car ever make it to England, or wherever it was going?  You were doing a fantastic restoration on that car.  Nice workmanship.  The disc brake thing sounds pretty neat too.

Here is how we sliced the crossmember.

Don

donsrods

Then we butt welded it into the new frame we built.

Don

enjenjo

QuoteBy the way, did your old time track car ever make it to England, or wherever it was going?

Germany. Yes it did

Here's a picture of the owner driving it before it went in for body restoration.

enjenjo

QuoteThe disc brake thing sounds pretty neat too.

I'll take some pictures and post them. This way works when you can't find a rotor to fit.

donsrods

Bet he was thrilled at the end product.  The pictures you posted as it was going together were very impressive.  Yeah, Would love to see the disc brakes you are building.

Don

alchevy

I will be going to the Blue Suede Cruise in Tupelo, MS this weekend. bluesc.com tells about it.

I still need to upload the pictures from the past month or more of the shows I have been to recently. I will get them on my site soon. Going to a car show each weekend of May.

1st weekend  Blue Suede Cruise

2nd weekend  one day show in Clinton, MS at the O'Reiley Auto Parts

3rd weekend   Douglasville, GA one day Kruise For Kids (http://www.peachstatev8ford.org/assets/files/pdfs/kruise_poster.pdf)

4th weekend    NSRA Mid-America Nationals in Springfield, MO

I just became a regional rep for Mississippi for a national magazine, Cruisin' Style. So I will be working events for them and writing articles for them.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat rat

we will have to hook up in Springfield. Look for my purple cpe
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

I got a letter from the township about my building permit thats gonna expire this month. I never finished my deck because of the heart attack so it looks like im going to the lumber yard this weekend. :)
I can prolly finish it in a few days so i guess thats what im doing..
Dave

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"I got a letter from the township about my building permit thats gonna expire this month. I never finished my deck because of the heart attack so it looks like im going to the lumber yard this weekend. :)
Dave
Maybe Denise can bring her Tour by and they can help. In our town you can just get an extension on the permit due to extenuating circumstances (I would think a heart attack counts). Don't over extend yourself. It's going to be hot. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I got a letter from the township about my building permit thats gonna expire this month. I never finished my deck because of the heart attack so it looks like im going to the lumber yard this weekend. :)
Dave
Maybe Denise can bring her Tour by and they can help. In our town you can just get an extension on the permit due to extenuating circumstances (I would think a heart attack counts). Don't over extend yourself. It's going to be hot. GPster

I was told to try that Joe.. I do need to finish the dam thing but i may check into it anyway. All I have to do is put a railing around it. If i can get all the wood I need tomorrow I can prolly have it about finished sunday or monday. No m not gonna work real hard just hard ebuff..
Dave

alchevy

Quote from: "phat rat"we will have to hook up in Springfield. Look for my purple cpe

Last year was the first year that I went to that one and had a great time. We found the shade in the back to be a nice area. The rest of the RRTers were out on hot concrete.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

The dog going to carry sod for you Tony?

I have to finish this truck tomorrow, it has to work monday. Then I have to get that Buick cut up, so the parts can be picked up monday. Oh, and help Fatcat hang gutters.