Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Back to our regular scheduled programming. I machined a spacer for the balancer to line up the serpentine pulley correctly. Tomorrow the engine comes out of the deuce. This was after Thanksgiving dinner.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Yesterday I finished overhauling snowblower # 1....  Tomorrow I start overhauling snowblower # 2 ....  After that it's time to "chain-up" the yard tractor & install the wheel weights & blade.... :(

Boy...After messin' with the house stuff for 11 months , it feels good to get my hands greasy & work with nuts & bolts again.... :lol:  :lol:

Bob.................... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

unklian

The most expensive toll road in North America, runs across the top of Toronto.

Construction was paid for with govt money, then quickly sold off
to some private outfit. It's like a license to print money.

New York State Thruway is a bargain by comparison.

kb426

The engine is out of the 32 and completely disassembled. Tomorrow I start fitting the new parts and then reassemble. Lots of exercise. :lol:
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Tomorrow I have to get every thing put away before it snows. It's held off as much as can be expected and more.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

I made a clutch pedal to add to the right angle mount Kugel brake master assy that I picked up un-used a couple months ago. I called them to see if I could buy the components but that was a no-go since they said they have changed their design. So....took a few measurements off the Kugel clutch/brake assy in the roadster pickup and made it to fit the Volvo. Need to get a Wilwood clutch master cylinder and make a few holes in the new cylinder mount and I think we're gonna be good to go on the little item.

Firewall pattern tomorrow and then get a sufficiently sized chunk of 16ga on Monday.

Finished the trans mount and bolted that in yesterday. It's a challenge to attach mounts and things to unibody cars and hopefully have adequate strength.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

taxpyer

I'm going to get hold of a couple of buddies and share some drinks, food and stories and when we're done all will be good.
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

348tripower

I haven't done a lot on the COE lately. A bit of cleaning on the frame and some painting. I bought a 92 Jeep wrangler and a blade last weekend. Tired of plowing snow on the 9n Ford. Too cold.
The jeep had a bad 2.5 motor. Found one for 75 bucks and just finished changing it out yesterday. Now I have to modify the mount for the plow because it is for a newer model and is too wide. Better than too narrow.
Don Colliau

phat rat

Well besides pulling a 454 out of a junk truck today. I just bought this. I know it's not a hot rod but a good tow vehicle. 454/4spd w/Gear Vendor OD. I fly to Phoenix in a week and a half and drive it back
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

QuoteI fly to Phoenix in a week and a half and drive it back

Might as well buy a trailer too, and bring a load back. Then sell the trailer.

38HAULR

Removing the fuel tank from the 62 Buick Spec Convertible,so I can plan a method of attack and measure for the replacement trunk floor.
I have not had a good look yet.
But does anyone know how the stainless moulding around the lower rear of the convertible top where it meets the body is removed?.
I have some rust visible in spots that need attention
Frank..

enjenjo

Quote from: "38HAULR"Removing the fuel tank from the 62 Buick Spec Convertible,so I can plan a method of attack and measure for the replacement trunk floor.
I have not had a good look yet.
But does anyone know how the stainless moulding around the lower rear of the convertible top where it meets the body is removed?.
I have some rust visible in spots that need attention
Frank..

I believe it just snaps over the pinchweld.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteI fly to Phoenix in a week and a half and drive it back

Might as well buy a trailer too, and bring a load back. Then sell the trailer.

I'll be looking for things that will fit in the bed. It's going to be a quick trip I fly out on Tues and need to be back by Sat as the wife and I are going to Chicago Sat afternoon
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

reborn55

Got tranny leak fixed in wife's new coupe and will be staring on new rear suspension today.  Hope you all had a great week.

Danimal

Nice coupe!

The boys and I went to Enjenjo's yesterday for our share of abuse. We got a little extra so the next time I see some of you guys, I'll share it.

Got some good 41 doors and AD truck doors and tires for my trailer and an axle for Eli's Panel truck. Still got to fetch a few things but all in all, we're gettting there.

I think Fat Cat was happy we were there so he could allow others to get the abuse as well!

Today, fixing fence if we don't freeze first.