Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Went to the swap meet in Adrian Michigan. Met Dan and the Boys....sold some stuff and had a good time visiting with friends. Added bonus it did not snow or rain!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jaybee"

As for my marriage, well, we had 23 wonderful years and raised two amazing young men who I'm proud to know.  

Glad to see you have a good attitude and can move forward.

A friend of mine got served with divorce papers last year.  Little did he know most of the 19 yrs 11 months of marriage he did so little correctly while his wife was a stay at home mom  and he worked his * off to support the family.

Flash forward to 3 weeks ago.....  I stop by his family business since I had not seen him about 6 months.  I walk in to the shop , he is behind the counter as usual.....  

he looks at me and says " Can I help you?"   :?   I've known the guy for 25 years, he is 43 yrs old now....... I speak to him asking how he is doing. Then he says "Oh Tony, it's you"...  I am wondering wtf is going on here.

He is now legally blind from a stroke he had. His side vision is gone with large black areas in the center of his view.   He actually had 3 of those little mini strokes.  

He now has anxiety attacks over simple stuff and learned a few weeks back he can not find his way home if he goes for a long walk... he has no sense of directions any more.  He can not tell north - south , etc.  Police stopped  him about 1/2 mile from his house and took him home

:!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Wow, Tony. That poor guy is breaking my heart. I can't imagine what that's like. I have several friends that are suffering from macular degeneration. Fortunately, they have their spouses to take care of them. My town is 6000 population. We tend to look out for the people with problems that have been here long enough for most of us to know them.
TEAM SMART

Danimal

Went to the swap (Court chauffered). Didn't take the truck I planned but I felt crappy so it was just as well. Hooked up with Moose and got a Hurst mount from him. Found Jocko from the HAMB (theHighlander) and swapped a 700r4 for a NV3500 that we've planned for about 15 months. As we were giving up the hunt, we found HAMBer Michigan Rick and bought a 283/TH350 and 12 bolt from him that will most likely join with the Hurst from Moose and the truck I wanted to load up and sell...unless Courtland takes it from me and puts it in the '41 after he gets it from Frank...decisions, decisions...never a plan!

Tony, your buddy is in my thoughts. I just turned 40 and have had a wheels coming off year as far as health goes but it does not compare to his issues. I've heard the line about putting all problems in a pile and once you saw everyone else's, you'd take yours back.

enjenjo

Thursday I took the 41 up to dan's house for Cort, brought the delivery back. Today I put the BBQ back together and put it in storage. Tomorrow I am taking the delivery to Defiance on for storage, and bringing my 59 Apache back here. Still working on the 32 5 window, and my Buick.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanksgiving at our house tomorrow. Then again on turkey day at the assisted living facility with Sharon's mom. Probably need to put the roadster back in its box for winter. Monday maybe.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

This will get you guys real excited. I've replaced the shower in the half bathroom. Tomorrow I finish sanding sheetrock and paint the thing. It's small and a pain to work in. The weather was decent here today. low 60's. I cleaned the vehicles to get ready for the next sprinkle. Hope you all have a nice holiday.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Just got back from a 2 week stint at the cabin putzing and deer hunting.  Gonna resize a utility trailer tomorrow so I can put another trailer inside it to save some winter storage space.
George

WZ JUNK

I have been redesigning and changing my outside wood fired hot water furnace for the shop.  It is one that I built myself so it has required some modifications.   I also redid the heat exchanger inside the shop.  I will finish that all the next couple of days.  According to the weatherman, I will be needing it later in the week.

Yesterday morning we had a hot rodders breakfast at the "Gearhead Cafe".  Just a small bunch but good company.  The third Saturday morning of January and February we plan to have a "Super" breakfast at the "Gearhead".  We did this once last year and we had a big crowd.

Have a great week everybody.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

QuoteThe third Saturday morning of January and February we plan to have a "Super" breakfast at the "Gearhead

Am I invited?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

sitting in the airport in El Paso TX ... waiting for flight to Austin  TX.

we spend this week with the kids - grand kids

will travel to Dallas on tuesday
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

moose

Gonna go see my Daughter act in the school play. She is Thing ! in the musical "Seuicssical"   Fun times!

Tim

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteThe third Saturday morning of January and February we plan to have a "Super" breakfast at the "Gearhead

Am I invited?

You bet.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

32coupe

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Am I invited?

You bet.  

John

What about me?   :D  :D  :D
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Carps

Well I was kinda busy stripin' my buddy Dave's new pickem-up truck,

buildin' some models for the Hot Rod Show next January

and paintin' a couple more lil toolboxes

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.