Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "32coupe"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteThe third Saturday morning of January and February we plan to have a "Super" breakfast at the "Gearhead

Am I invited?

You bet.  

John

What about me?   :D  :D  :D

You too.  Fact is, if you show up, I will buy your breakfast.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Try to get more work done on the Olds.  I got the air suspension working finally, and built a nice cardboard radiator for the US Radiator folks.  I wish I didn't hate body work so much, since that is the major item I am working on now.  I want to have paint on it by spring.  I guess one can always hope.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I drove up to Charlie's today, and picked up some Volvo parts to try using them on the Crosley. Picked up ACEMAN on the way there, and we made a day of it. Charlie has the Volvo looking good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Got back from hunting in the U.P. on Saturday.  Was going to go to my brothers property about 30 miles up the line from here to hunt more this week....then my older daughter tells me her car smells like gas...yeah that would be because it's leaking gas from a rusty fuel line, so tomorrow that gets attention,  might as well replace all the fuel lines now, rather than one now and one next week....why does Ford use three different types of clamps on their lines????  My Dodge truck also decided that it was a good time to have a front wheel bearing go bad, of course it's the hub and bearing unit that needs to be replaced...for $172...That will have to wait till friday i guess, they have to order the hub.  Of course if my younger daughter calls and says it's time for the baby to arrive all bets are off and we're on our way to Raleigh, N.C.   :lol:  Oh yeah, I think there's some big dinner at my Mothers on Thursday too.

kb426

I finished the shower replacement and am ready for the next project. I'm swapping cranks in the 32 in the next week.
TEAM SMART

Grandadeo

Will be heading for Daytona @ 5:00 AM Friday morning.  My Swap Space is Yellow Field, Row 9, Space 298.  Stop by and have a coke if you're there.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Crosley.In.AZ

this is a historic week for me...  first and last time in Austin Texas.  the place sucks ( sorry if live there or like the place)

Freeways have little or no lights for night driving,f'''ing toll roads, no a straight f'''ing road to be had here.   Side roads have little or no lights on them for night driving.  How did people drive these roads when lights on cars sucked?

Some how I missed an exit that I now know is not marked as my GPS is telling me...  I end up on a toll road for 1.5 miles and have to pay 75 cents to get off the f'''ing toll road.  There was more BS just trying to back on to the I-35 freeway to get to my hotel.

:roll:  :roll:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Quote from: "Crosley"this is a historic week for me...  first and last time in Austin Texas.  the place sucks ( sorry if live there or like the place)

Freeways have little or no lights for night driving,f'''ing toll roads, no a straight f'''ing road to be had here.   Side roads have little or no lights on them for night driving.  How did people drive these roads when lights on cars sucked?

Some how I missed an exit that I now know is not marked as my GPS is telling me...  I end up on a toll road for 1.5 miles and have to pay 75 cents to get off the f'''ing toll road.  There was more BS just trying to back on to the I-35 freeway to get to my hotel.

LOL That's what headlights are for. I don't remember seeing any lights along I-17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff. Also less pollution of the night sky and you can probably even see the stars clearly.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Crosley"this is a historic week for me...  first and last time in Austin Texas.  the place sucks ( sorry if live there or like the place)

LOL That's what headlights are for. I don't remember seeing any lights along I-17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff. Also less pollution of the night sky and you can probably even see the stars clearly.

Those city kids have strange expectations don't they Jack?

Crosley.In.AZ

I was not between citys ..I am not talking about in the middle of no where.. kripes, pay attention.

I am in and around Austin...  Round Rock ,  Leander  to name a few.  No Lights on the freeway,  * poor setup  and the these gawd * toll roads.  You eastern  folks may used to the gawd * toll roads shoved up yer butt....  you get taxed to death and still  pay to use a roadway? That is stupid.

We have fellow running for governor in AZ  that is pushing toll roads  and other "private investment dollars".... there are enough eastern fools that live in AZ now that would vote for him and  the crap  toll roads
Tony

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"gawd * toll roads.  You eastern  folks may used to the gawd * toll roads shoved up yer butt....  you get taxed to death and still  pay to use a roadway?
Around here we call them the Ohio Turnpike, Pennsylvania Turnpike, Garden State Parkway and the New York Thruway. We never thought how tough you guys out there had it. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"

I was not between citys ..I am not talking about in the middle of no where.. kripes, pay attention.

I am in and around Austin...  Round Rock ,  Leander  to name a few.  No Lights on the freeway,  * poor setup  and the these gawd * toll roads.  You eastern  folks may used to the gawd * toll roads shoved up yer butt....  you get taxed to death and still  pay to use a roadway? That is stupid.

We have fellow running for governor in AZ  that is pushing toll roads  and other "private investment dollars".... there are enough eastern fools that live in AZ now that would vote for him and  the crap  toll roads

Gee Tony ....Don't hold back for our sake ... :?   We're friends .... :)  You can tell us how you REALLY feel..... :P  :lol:

Bob.................. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

Quote from: "Crosley"

I know you weren't between cities! :roll:  I was paying attention :lol:  I just have to chuckle at the thought of you being so * about not having all kinds of lighting. It shows how you're used to the lots of big city lighting. Oh and we don't have toll roads here in Mi either. :P
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

T thought they had pay to play hispeed lanes in Phoenix now?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"T thought they had pay to play hispeed lanes in Phoenix now?

Nope....   much talk about a special plate fee for use of the HOV lanes by a vehicle with only one person in it..no laws changed.  I guess AZ makes more money on HOV violations than what a new plate would generate.

As    for  Austin area, problem is solved .  I have no intention of returning.

I emailed my * to a friend that lived south of Dallas for 10 yrs or so. I guess her and her husband had a good laugh  on me.  They remember the roads , toll roads, new construction moving freeway ramps,  streets re-named.

I guess  it happens in some areas and I will avoid the problem here
Tony