Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

George, I didn't

Kb, are you along I-70?  I ran it from Limon Co. to St. Louis
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I'm in the sw. corner of the state. I would have been about 150 miles out of the way from I70.
TEAM SMART

papastoyss

Heading about 65 miles north Fri. am to GG Bowling Green. Thinking about wearing my long johns. Forecast is for daytime highs low to mid 50s.About 10 degrees lower than normal for mid Oct. Ya'll from the north probably think we are wussies, you are right.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

348tripower

Quote from: "papastoyss"Heading about 65 miles north Fri. am to GG Bowling Green. Thinking about wearing my long johns. Forecast is for daytime highs low to mid 50s.About 10 degrees lower than normal for mid Oct. Ya'll from the north probably think we are wussies, you are right.

You are not a wussie. I have already had mine on here in beautiful Dexter,Michigan :D
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

And Frank is still wearin' his shorts..... :roll:  :roll:  :shock:

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"And Frank is still wearin' his shorts..... :roll:  :roll:  :shock:

And will be until it gets cold. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Now that it's finally stopped raining I'll have to do something about the leaves this weekend.

Right now I'm working on turning an old gas grill into a small welding table.  To do that I've turned the legs backward so the shelf supports point to the center.  I'll mount a used table saw table to it for a work surface.  Think it should be covered with some sheet steel, though, as the table is aluminum.  I put a shelf underneath to stiffen the bottom and provide a place to set things.  A container of welding rod can stick up on one end for ready access, and my backpack bottle setup fits neatly underneath.  It still needs a place to hang the hose, that'll be easy.

I haven't said anything until now, but for the last year and a half all my spare energy has been absorbed trying to fight my wife's affair.  Now my life will be about me.  I'll be better off without her.  She's starting to figure out the same won't be true for her.  Too late.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Quote from: "jaybee"....Right now I'm working on turning an old gas grill into a small welding table.  ....I'll mount a used table saw table to it for a work surface.  
You must not have the table saw stand.  If you did it might work well with the saw table attached.  I've got one on wheels that I use like that.  It's sturdy and the braces below make a nice place to put a shelf.  I saw one in enjenjo's shop too.

Quote from: "jaybee"I haven't said anything until now, but .....
I'm really sorry to hear this John.  Many times we can't forsee things like this and when they happen it's a shock in so many different ways.  It sounds like you're keeping a positive attitude and looking forward to the future.   That's important.
George

enjenjo

QuoteI haven't said anything until now, but for the last year and a half all my spare energy has been absorbed trying to fight my wife's affair. Now my life will be about me. I'll be better off without her. She's starting to figure out the same won't be true for her. Too late.

Sorry to hear that, sometimes you just have to move on.

The aluminum top works good, weld doesn't stick to it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "jaybee"
I haven't said anything until now, but for the last year and a half all my spare energy has been absorbed trying to fight my wife's affair.  Now my life will be about me.  I'll be better off without her.  She's starting to figure out the same won't be true for her.  Too late.

Good luck. It's great when it's settled and you can get on with your life. Happened to me back in 87. Met my second wife just after that and it's been a good 20 years with her.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"And Frank is still wearin' his shorts..... :roll:  :roll:  :shock:

And will be until it gets cold. :roll:

Still not cold here either, although it's been below normal temps. I was in the U.P. this past week and when we went up on Monday it was 66*; when we left Thursday morning there was an inch of snow on the ground. Makes us trolls from the L.P. seem like wusses.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

jaybee

Thanks guys.  You're right George, I don't have the rest of the saw or stand, just the top.  I'm pleased with how this is coming along, though, and think it'll be perfect for small projects when I'm done.  Frank, thanks for letting me know that the aluminum top will work well.  I was worried that weld spatter would end up stuck into the aluminum and sticking up out of it, or even just drop through.  Then again it's a pretty thick, cast piece and I'll bet it'll suck the heat out of any grinding and welding sparks in a hurry.

As for my marriage, well, we had 23 wonderful years and raised two amazing young men who I'm proud to know.  We've made a lot of friends and put down roots in a community where I was a stranger.  That's all to the good and I'm glad to have all of it.  In our society we tend to judge the success of a relationship on if and how it ends.  I'm not prepared to do that.  We just got caught by empty nest syndrome even though we thought it wasn't going to happen to us.  I've got incredible friends who have been the best support I could ask for and I know who I am.  I walk away head up, knowing I did all I could and sure that the next part of my life will be even better.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Jaybee, sorry for your news. I just installed the replacement ignition switch in the 32. I have leaves to rake also but I'm having a little problem giving a ****. Tomorrow, I get to change the oil in my wife's car. Friday we went for a day trip where we left in the dark and returned in the dark. Almost had 2 collisions with deer. The last one was close enough that I was thinking she'd need a new car when I got done. I don't understand why the deer hunters haven't been turned loose for all they can shoot. Anyone have an answer to that?
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

I got tired of trying to pressure wash things with a cheap Harbor Freight electric machine so I went to Sams and got a 3000 psi washer with a Honda 5hp engine.  What a difference!  I burned two tanks of gas yesterday and washed two buildings and my driveway.

Today I fiddled around with placing a driveway alert thing I got at HF.  I like it.

I made a bar top for the cabin and varnished it today too.
George

sirstude

Spent yesterday straighting the edge of the doors and chasing the hood on the Olds.  I have been trying to get out and pick up the original hood for my Olds since the new one fits so badly.  Anyway, yesterday a friend who IS a body man came over and helped Mark and me fit the hood I have been chasing and it now fits pretty well.  Just a couple of knots to take out.  It is amazing what a few shims will do.  I have to take one door back off and weld up one edge where it was mad incorrectly in the old days, they didn't care how well it fits then.  Coming along pretty nicely finally.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us