Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"What a weekend I'm having.  On Friday, I had to make a claim to the insurance company for a cracked windshield on the new Subaru.  We drove up the Hunnert Car Pileup on Saturday, but didn't get in; got there too late.  My female cat has disappeared since yesterday morning, so I'm guessing that a wild animal got her (we live in the country now).

When we got home from the pileup, we discovered a huge dead tree had fallen on the house.  At least the largest hole in the roof was only above the soffit.  I had to make another call to the insurance company last night.

Today, we're going to an expo in the town where I work, about 12 miles from here.  We should see some contractors there to line up for estimates.  Glad I didn't play the lottery...it  would've been a waste of money.

You don't need weekends like that very often. :oops:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Been ungainfully employed on the Volvo project  of late. Installed the 8-3/4 Mopar rear end finally on Friday. It went in like it was made for the car. The only boo boo was I mis-located the panhard bar bracket on the rear by about 3/8". Wanted to make an adjustable one anyway. the rear is offset about 1/8" to the drivers side inspite of deadly accurate location on the trailing arm attaching points. Hopefully the panhard bar can bring it over a 16th".

I spent a few partial days earlier in the week modifying the trunk floor to accept a '70 Mustang 22 gallon fuel tank. Had to remove the spare tire well and lost a little of the tool tray but it worked out very well'

Friday night I removed the Volvo lump and SVO Mustang 5 speed combo and yesterday I started on the MII IFS system.  I bought a Welder Series std width unit. The Volvo front "frame" rails have a big kick-up and the main part of the MII all fits underneath at the ride heigth I wanted. I made it bolt in for fabricating purposes however it will get fully welded and braced. Film at 11 I hope.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Beck

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Been ungainfully employed on the Volvo project  of late. Installed the 8-3/4 Mopar rear end finally on Friday. It went in like it was made for the car. The only boo boo was I mis-located the panhard bar bracket on the rear by about 3/8". Wanted to make an adjustable one anyway. the rear is offset about 1/8" to the drivers side inspite of deadly accurate location on the trailing arm attaching points. Hopefully the panhard bar can bring it over a 16th".

I spent a few partial days earlier in the week modifying the trunk floor to accept a '70 Mustang 22 gallon fuel tank. Had to remove the spare tire well and lost a little of the tool tray but it worked out very well'

Friday night I removed the Volvo lump and SVO Mustang 5 speed combo and yesterday I started on the MII IFS system.  I bought a Welder Series std width unit. The Volvo front "frame" rails have a big kick-up and the main part of the MII all fits underneath at the ride heigth I wanted. I made it bolt in for fabricating purposes however it will get fully welded and braced. Film at 11 I hope.

Charlie
Deffinately follow up with photos!
Why do you always have the neat projects? Love that car.

sirstude

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have been cleaning the shop. It's been years since I did a good cleanup. I've been at it three days, and have not even touched the bench yet. I do have visible progress.

We want pictures!!
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "sirstude"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I have been cleaning the shop. It's been years since I did a good cleanup. I've been at it three days, and have not even touched the bench yet. I do have visible progress.

We want pictures!!

Not enough room yet to stand back far enough for a picture. :roll:

GPster

Did you find those exhaust manfolds yet? GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

went drag racing with the Falcon  on saturday...  

my first red light ever in the car on the first pass...  the next 2 passes I cut .049 and a .062 lights

the car had been running 16.0s for about 5 passes from when I cut the total timing back to 34 degrees.

I bumped the timing up to 36 degrees and the car ran 15.82 and a 15.93  with near same MPH  at 84.5   and a 84.2 mph.

Time for an engine with more than  200 cubic inches
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"
Did you find those exhaust manfolds yet? GPster

Not yet.

alchevy

Went to a junkyard chain (pull-a-part) in Jackson, MS and found a pair of Lexus leather bucket seats to go in the '40 Sedan. Not bad for $50.
My step-son found a motor for $100 there that he is going to get.
I will be going back over there in the morning with a friend to see what we can find.

It's a neat operation, you walk in the front door and go up to one of their many touchscreen computers and pull up what type of car or truck you are looking for and it gives you a list that you can print out. The list has which row the car is in. All you have to do is bring your own tools in, pay them $1, and go to the row and find the car, then see if someone else has beaten you to the part you were looking for. You can look on their website and find the inventory at each location. Heard someone say that if you want newer cars, then go to the Baton Rouge, LA location. Might have to take a road trip down there one day soon.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Quote from: "40chevy"Went to a junkyard chain (pull-a-part) in Jackson, MS and found a pair of Lexus leather bucket seats to go in the '40 Sedan. Not bad for $50.
My step-son found a motor for $100 there that he is going to get.
I will be going back over there in the morning with a friend to see what we can find.

It's a neat operation, you walk in the front door and go up to one of their many touchscreen computers and pull up what type of car or truck you are looking for and it gives you a list that you can print out. The list has which row the car is in. All you have to do is bring your own tools in, pay them $1, and go to the row and find the car, then see if someone else has beaten you to the part you were looking for. You can look on their website and find the inventory at each location. Heard someone say that if you want newer cars, then go to the Baton Rouge, LA location. Might have to take a road trip down there one day soon.
AL

They are trying to open one here in Toledo, so far they have submitted three sites and keep getting turned down by the city council.

alchevy

Quote from: "enjenjo"
They are trying to open one here in Toledo, so far they have submitted three sites and keep getting turned down by the city council.

The way this one was done is there is slag on the ground, so you don't have to go through the weeds to get to parked cars and each car is on top of stands made from one tire laying flat & a wheel up vertical welded to the wheel of the tire.

We got back just before the rain hit that area.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

WZ JUNK

Hooley and I went drag racing this last weekend.  It was the MOKAN AHRA Hot Rod Reunion.   Hooley ran the Henry J in open gas and I ran the old truck in the Streetrod shootout.  Hooley did good but went out in the second round.  He ran right on his dial in at 9.38 and the other car ran right on the his exact dial but he cut just a little better light than Hooley.  I went out in the shootout.  The entries are supposed to be street legal and licensed.  I was the only one entered in the shootout that drove their vehicle to the track, as all the others were trailered.  I was the slowest entered.   We had fun and I got to make a couple of passes to evaluate the cam change in the motor of my old truck.  It appears that the cam may have improved the engine as I had a pass that was as good as I have ever ran with this setup.

Hooley had trailer trouble with a wheel bearing on the the way home.  He had to remove the wheel, tie up the axle and limp on into to my place.  Tomorrow he will stop by and we will replace the bearing and then go for lunch at the Gearhead Cafe.  Hooley is retired now you know.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat rat

I was driving this past week-end. The picture of the truck in snow is above Wolf Creek Pass Co. The one with a road in the middle of the pic is a shot from above looking down on the road over Wolf Creek Pass. The pic of the mirror is after driving a few hours in freezing rain in eastern Co. and western Kansas. After dropping down from the mountains the conditions went from sunny and 54 degrees to fog and 27 degrees with freezing rain
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat rat"The picture of the truck in snow is above Wolf Creek Pass Co.
Don't be bringing that crap back to Michigan...
George

kb426

You came through western kansas and didn't stop at my fine city???
TEAM SMART