Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Went to IDIDIT's open house car show inthe rain.....Forgot my camera so no pics...

Tim

kb426

Just for the record, I have 1 son. He's the one that is afraid of heights. I spent the day taking the deuce apart. I replaced the rear main seal, installed a speedi sleeve, new ring gear on the flywheel, and the rear seal on the trans just because it was out. I also went to a funeral of a friend of mine. She was 89 years old. Her husband is 91. They have been married 71 years. That isn't a record but in my world it is. I thought funerals would get easier with age. It hasn't.  :(
I hope you guys are having a good weekend. It was 33 degrees here and I'm not happy about it.  :cry:
TEAM SMART

Carps

Started today by laying some lines on the tailgate from a buddy's new roadster pickem-up.  Since the first colour had to dry before I could start the next, I figured I may as well take in a rod run, so headed off to Newstead a hunnert miles away, for the 'Chopped' run.

Yeah, of course I took my camera.

Wayne O'Grady's rare '40 Chev Panel Van has been undergoing some refurbishment for the past few too many years, this was it's first time out in fresh paint.

Yeah, it's chopped.

Richard Dabbs has an eye for what's right, this is his latest effort.

This old gal has been in hiding since the sixties.  Leighton Rawlings plans to restore it to the way it was back then.

This little sweetie was driven over from S.A for the weekend.

In fact there was a whole contingent from South Oz.

Norm turns up everywhere.

So too do Billy and the T Special.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Here's a few more, starting with Harry Wright's '33 coupe which must have a very interesting engine....

Yup!

A nice lady told me she thinks she knows why all the young blokes like flatheads.
It's because they have shiney nuts.

Next time you see Ben's chassis, it'll have a roadster body hiding all the mechanical bits.

The Caddy tailamps in Arthur's Chubby are both unique and classy, but I think he needs to lower it some more.

And finally, proof that the right stance and wheels are all you need to make any car just right.

Carps

Crosley.In.AZ

went drag racing last night.  Falcon wanted to run 16.0s at 85 mph.  I knew the car would slow down since  I  bolted the rear bumper on it  and a license plate too

I made a couple of passes in my buddys Henry J car... 12.82  and a 12.76 , the car still has a high speed misfire.  may be too cold of plugs or fuel = lean perhaps

He has run a best of  12.71 with the car and i go out make what I thought was an easy pass with a 12.76    ..............he did mention that I was probably driving his car like I would a rental car
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

A few weeks ago, my wife and I sold our old place so now we are in the process of building a barn for the horses. My shop will come later, a lot later. We cleaned out the old shop/barn and took most of it to a storage unit. We have a stack of lumber here waiting to build the barn which was supposed to happen this week, but it rained all day on Sunday and it is supposed to rain all week here.

Was planning on cruising down to Cruisin' the Coast for a day or so, but if the barn does go up this week, we will be doing some work on it. Then we have fences to build.

Tuff having a brand new digital camera and the next car show I will go to is two weeks away. That one is in Madison, MS Oct. 16-17. Scarecrow Cruise & Car Show is the name of it.

The weekend of Nov. 6-8th is the Klassy Kruzer's Fun Run in Crossett, Arkansas. This is one of my favorite events to go to. It's a pre-'67 event.

In between the weekends, I look for a job in I.T. or drafting.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Carps

Here's how the pic-up tailgate came out.

Whatchareckon, should he let me loose on the rest of the truck?
Carps

alchevy

Cars are cruisin' on the coast. On Wednesday twice while I was in town I saw a group of cars heading down there. The first group was from the TX and OK area and it was 4 street rods and a Chevelle. They were traveling in the rain as I passed them on I-20 heading East. 3 of the street rods had no hoods or fenders. They had Mother Road club on their back windows so it was good to see that they were not trailer queens. The next bunch I saw were an SSR Pickup and a Corvette.
You can see some every now and then on the website mstraffic.com
Click on Gulf Coast and it will show a map with camera locations where you can see live video.
AL
PS: The barn has been started.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

alchevy

Supposed to be a high of 79 today in Vicksburg, MS.
Here is a picture of the barn construction.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Fat Cat

Quote from: "40chevy"Supposed to be a high of 79 today in Vicksburg, MS.
Here is a picture of the barn construction.
AL

Looks like a bunch of naked trees to me. :)

Carps

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Looks like a bunch of naked trees to me. :)
Nah, if it wuz a bunch, they'd be tied up all close together with string and a nice bow.   :wink:

Mebbe it's a whole nekkid forrest?   :shock:
Carps

kb426

Less than 30 degrees and sleet. I'm not too excited. I installed the Ron Francis ignition switch in the 32. Looks fine. It's small so it fits without issue. I had Flowmaster super 40's on this. I didn't like the sound. Non-descript. No character. I'd rather be quiet than bad so I bought a pair of new take-offs from a mustang gt. These are axle back mufflers. I cut off the inlet and mitered the parts to make it almost straight. Welded them up and I'm in business. It's quieter now but has a little bit of sound. Until I find something I fall in love with, it will be fine.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I have been cleaning the shop. It's been years since I did a good cleanup. I've been at it three days, and have not even touched the bench yet. I do have visible progress.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

What a weekend I'm having.  On Friday, I had to make a claim to the insurance company for a cracked windshield on the new Subaru.  We drove up the Hunnert Car Pileup on Saturday, but didn't get in; got there too late.  My female cat has disappeared since yesterday morning, so I'm guessing that a wild animal got her (we live in the country now).

When we got home from the pileup, we discovered a huge dead tree had fallen on the house.  At least the largest hole in the roof was only above the soffit.  I had to make another call to the insurance company last night.

Today, we're going to an expo in the town where I work, about 12 miles from here.  We should see some contractors there to line up for estimates.  Glad I didn't play the lottery...it  would've been a waste of money.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil