Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

We finished the season at our local track. seasons best et,9.26@145.28mph. with this winters plans ,the wagon should be well into the 8s next season. The wagon will look silly with a parachute!

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"We finished the season at our local track. seasons best et,9.26@145.28mph. with this winters plans ,the wagon should be well into the 8s next season. The wagon will look silly with a parachute!

If possible, I would like to see some detail pictures of the car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Grandadeo

This weekend the whole family, Grandadeo - that's me, Grandma, the kids, and the grandkids are off to Fort Wilderness at Disney World for my grandson, Jesse James Dodd's, third birthday.  Only one trip in to the Magic Kingdom, spending the rest of the three days in the campground.  Hope to do a lot of relaxing but I'm sure well keep very busy with the three grandkids.  Should be fun.  

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

chimp koose

Enjenjo. if you go to racesir.com and onto the nitroimage site from there, you will find a ton of pictures most of them from the start line.I dont think anyone has ever taken a picture under the hood. we take the car into the trailer when it rains to keep the dirt ON the car.

GPster

Yesterday I went to "Hell on Wheels" at National Trails. It was a local club's get together with some pre '72 1/8 mile drag racing and other things going on and some swap meet. I hoped that because of the location and activities that there might be some pieces for our Crosley build. I got there about 10:30 and I was done at 1:15. I left empty handed and just in time. There was supposed to be aa wedding at 2:00 and I didn't bring a gift. The only thing I found was a front hub off a Model A. I need a pair to put on a lawn cart. I can randsom a pair of Dodge hubs off an old "double dip" axel but I have to keep it a roller. Only one hub with no bearings would have still looking for to many parts. GPster

kb426

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm finishing up the painting the house project. It's been in neutral for the last 2 months while the 32 and I have been to a few car shows. :D
Just for the record: summer is over and I'm one unhappy guy. It vanished before it got started. I hope the" time speeds up thing" doesn't get much worse.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"I'm embarrassed to say that I'm finishing up the painting the house project. It's been in neutral for the last 2 months while the 32 and I have been to a few car shows. :D
Just for the record: summer is over and I'm one unhappy guy. It vanished before it got started. I hope the" time speeds up thing" doesn't get much worse.

My house painter quit yesterday :cry: He got a real job. There is most of one side to do yet.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

slocrow

Quote from: "kb426"It vanished before it got started. I hope the" time speeds up thing" doesn't get much worse.
IMO It's a "Known Time" problem that comes with aging. Example: If you're 5 years old 3 months of Summer takes 1/20th of the time you've known or your total lifetime experience. If your 56 then a 3 month Summer takes 1/224th of your known time. A much smaller segment of the whole and depletes itself accordingly. Any measurement of time just seems to go by faster as you get older because even if it remains a constant, it becomes an ever decreasing part of the sum total and your brain tells you it took less time to cover that period, this time................. :cry:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat rat

Frank, how long did you lay awake figuring that out?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

slocrow

Quote from: "phat rat"Frank, how long did you lay awake figuring that out?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I often just lay there, awake. It's another benifit of the aging process. :roll:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

chimp koose

Frank it could be that the older you get the slower your brain works so time flies by. Just a theory mind you.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"I'm embarrassed to say that I'm finishing up the painting the house project. It's been in neutral for the last 2 months while the 32 and I have been to a few car shows. :D

My house painter quit yesterday :cry: He got a real job. There is most of one side to do yet.

Don't you have two sons?  I know now that's why my Dad had kids; to paint his houses, he had a two story that he rented out for a while, a hobby farm with a house and a barn, and a three story house we lived in. At least one of them would have to be painted every summer. This was before latex paint, it took as long to clean the brushes as it did to paint...at least it seemed that way.... :lol:  [/i]

Fat Cat

Quote from: "phat46"Don't you have two sons?

Yes he does. One lives 2200 miles away and the other is afraid of heights just like his father. So neither one of us will get on the ladder.

GPster

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "phat46"Don't you have two sons?
Yes he does. One lives 2200 miles away and the other is afraid of heights just like his father. So neither one of us will get on the ladder.
Here's hopping that the house gets painte d before the Crosley gets finished. GPster

Carps

I thought about painting my house.

However, by the time I got the paint and brushes out tere was no time left to do any painting.

I'll think about it again tomorrow as I drive to the rod run.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.