Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "32coupe"So where are the pics?

Here!

Late 20's Hispano Suiza, is a rare and interestin thing.  The name of the company 'Fabrica La Hispano-Suiza de Automovils'  represented both the country of it's manufacture, Spain and the nationality of the vehicle designer, Marc Birkigt who of course was Swiss.   The cars were all large, luxurious and powered by huge engines, basically a Spanish built Rolls Royce competitor.

Although whilst the company started building cars in Barcelona around 1904, this one could have come from the Paris operation which commenced building Hispano Suiza around 1911.  The last year for HS production was 1938, just before WW2.

Think this pile of old Holden and other assorted parts won the big prize on the day.

Dare to be different, nice straight little Hillman wagon, was pretty kool.

Who'd have thunk an old Chevy Pick-up could ever look so classy?

Speakin' of classy, doesn't get much better'n this....

Neat little A coupe doesn't need much to make it my kind of car.

At first I thought this might be Halfdone's pick-up but then wisdom said that could not be so.

Subtle but extensive mod's on this old Chevy make it a class act.  The Pontiac side trim is easy to spot but some of the other stuff is a little more difficult.

My second favourite car on the day.

My pick of the bunch, stock height top and just too cool.

The raffle winner.... even if her old man reckons it was his ticket.

Late model stuff can look good too.

The blue shirts must be cheap as there were many more than this group ewearing them.  The blokes on each end show signs of maturity and class.

Interesting roadster, kinda reminds me of a late '30s Morris body, but somehow I think it' all home built.

Once red '40 Sloper still reeks class, although personally the red version really lights my fire.

I want an FB Holden Panel Van, once the ugly duckling of the GMH family, now the class act.  This one I believe owned and renovated by Mario's daughter.

MOPAR anyone?

Do y' think somebody should have told the blokes in the background it wasn't a photograph of them?

Rare as rockin' horse poop Waggot headed flatty.

Interesting and very diffferent treatment of '48 Holden.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

58 Yeoman

I picked up a trailer load of 1" styrofoam insulation board free of charge from a guy on craigslist; am using it to insulate the potting shed for my wife.  Will use the fiberglas rolls that we bought for her shed to insulate the ceiling in the shop after I put in the ceiling rafters there...after I wire it up for lights...  geez, the list goes on and on.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

I'm FINALLY pulling parts off my dead Lumina.  Need to dispose of it quickly due to an impending status change with my life, will probably mention that when the time comes.  Suffice to say it's the sort of thing that sucks the oxygen out of the rest of your life.  Disassembly is going pretty well but I cut through a wiring harness I couldn't see in the dashboard with a reciprocating saw.  It let all the smoke out of the steering column wires so I guess I'll push it to the front to wait for the rollaway.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat rat

Nothing car wise. My wife and I spent just over 10 hrs on the rivers in our kayaks this week-end. 5 1/2 hrs Fri and 5 hrs today
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Carps

I went to a big party to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the model 40 Ford.

Strangely, my favourite car on the day was not a Model 40, but this '48 Business coupe.  Stock bodied with the right wheels, tyres and stance, proves you don't have to do much to improve on the short roof, long deck, fat fenders design that started in the late '30s.

Some folks just have the knack of making something fairly common, look just right.

Doesn't matter from which angle this car is viewed, it's just straight up *!  

Back to the model 40s, they came in all shapes and styles and from all corners of the country, here's a few choice images from my trusty Canon.

There's a ringer, in this group, did you spot it?

Another one seems to have snuck into this lot.

The ladies appeared to be enjoying the day out as much as the blokes.

Retired jalopy racer updated with all the stuff to make it in retirement as a street rod, way cool.

Non identical twins.

Easy to see in this shot, that the '33 is much more attractive than the '34.

And whilst Billy The Kid's Deuce is about as cool as a hot rod gets, the later model does make it look a little square and unaerodynamic.

Da Kangaroo Kid was there too.

Norm's coupe has come a long way since January, metal nose and grille is a work of art.

This shot should help those still confused as to the key visual differences between '33 and '34 model years.  How many can you spot?

This is one superbly rendered state of the art street rod, but it made me a little sad as the starting point was a legendary hot rod the identity being given away by the unique body mod's and license plate.  Although it's still the 'Baroutsis Arab' under that fresh paint, it's one car I would have liked to see it looking more like the way it once did.

And last but not least, one to get Mike a little moist.

Carps

Crosley.In.AZ

bolted the rear bumper onto my falcon

i had it straightened a few years ago.  Now the back side of the car really looks like crap.  Needs some body work, paint, more body work
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

It's a draf car. you could bolt parachute packs on it to cover the holes. GPster

39deluxe

Went to Kzoo on Friday and visited with the RRT guys for awhile. Spent most of Sat and today on my retaining wall project. I think I can finally see the end.

Tom

phat46

Spent  from 7:00 a.m. till noon finishing a roofing job on a garage, then looked at the jobs the guy from across the road from the roofing job has for us, came home and crawled under my daughters car to find the exhaust intermediate pipe rusted off the converter...again...luckily I had some junk to temporary it till tomorrow so she could drive to work this afternoon, cleaned up and headed out to my sis in laws for a corn roast.
I must be getting old, roofing makes me kinda tired anymore!!!  :roll:  :lol:

jaybee

Spent a big share of my weekend helping the neighbor lady and her sons clean out the garage and greenhouse/workshop.  She was widowed a few months ago, he was a good friend for over 20yrs in spite of being much older.  In a nice gesture they offered me his old garage jack.  I'll think of him whenever I use it.

In spite of the time spent doing that I have my Lumina fully stripped except a handful of bolts to finish pulling the steering column.  I needed to leave that in (loosely) long enough to pull it to the front where the junk man can load it up.  By that time I was running out of light.  Should be able to finish up Monday night.

Carps

Quote from: "phat46"I had some junk to temporary it till tomorrow
Temporary repairs are not meant to be dealt with 'tomorrow!'

They must be left until they fail, long after you've forgotten doing them.
Carps

phat46

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "phat46"I had some junk to temporary it till tomorrow
Temporary repairs are not meant to be dealt with 'tomorrow!'

They must be left until they fail, long after you've forgotten doing them.

LOL, I told my daughter how what I did with a sawed off piece of tubing, a soup can and two hose clamps used to be a completed repair for me 35 years ago!    I already checked and Auto Zone has the exhaust pipe we need for $26....

jaybee

"I already checked and Auto Zone has the exhaust pipe we need for $26...."

Not bad.  Wife's Windstar needs the bit between the Y pipe and muffler.  A flange on each end and one of those braided flex sections, about 18" overall length for $195!  A temporary fix is on my "to do" list this week.  Think it'll be temporary until further notice on a minivan that old.

enjenjo

Quote from: "jaybee""I already checked and Auto Zone has the exhaust pipe we need for $26...."

Not bad.  Wife's Windstar needs the bit between the Y pipe and muffler.  A flange on each end and one of those braided flex sections, about 18" overall length for $195!  A temporary fix is on my "to do" list this week.  Think it'll be temporary until further notice on a minivan that old.

You can get the braided flex pipe on Ebay cheap, and cobble the rest out of bits and pieces.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

That's my plan.  Won't be pretty but no one will see it.