Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Yesterday Fatcat and I cleaned in the barn. Got a lot done, threw away a bunch of junk, oganized a bunch more. Still have not found the manifolds for my Buick.

Made a couple engine carts to store engines on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

How's 9.63@ 142mph in the marquis wagon! I helped my buddy out getting his IHRA license this weekend.

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"How's 9.63@ 142mph in the marquis wagon! I helped my buddy out getting his IHRA license this weekend.

Bone stock is it? :shock:

chimp koose

Enjenjo .522" ford/c6 3300stall/3.73geared 8.8" diff/10.5 tire/200shot of n2o /foot brake launch.Actual 916hp used on that run ,air was at4300'. A 1" taller tire and 100more n20 may put us in the high 8's at 150mph. Not bad for a 3500lb race car with a roof rack!This run had a 1.38 60' time and it was spinning a bit. Dream wheel says 142mph is a best e.t. of 9.47

enjenjo

chimp koose

Thanks ,Enjenjo. Its a lot of fun! Last year at our home track we had to spot a dragster a bit of a lead in bracket racing. Kind of funny catching a rear engine dragster with a station wagon at top end.

enjenjo

Still scrapping junk. I stripped a 75 GMC with a BBC in it, and fatcat stripped a 95 Caprice for the LT1 motor and trans.

Crosley.In.AZ

I mowed the yards ( with clothes on) ...  

nearly have the blending - smoothing finished on my carb adapter for my Ford inline 6...  next I must mill the adapter for proper angle of carb to level the carb as it sits on the engine
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Split wood for next winter, and the one after that too. about 10 cords. Only broke the log splitter twice.

chimp koose

Back to the drag strip tomorrow morning. Season opener is sunday. 1" taller slick on the car this time out. I want to see a 9.4 this time out .

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"Only broke the log splitter twice.
I was going to say you need a Monster Maul.  They don't break.   .....but I think maybe you're talking about a hydraulic splitter.
George

Arnold

Ya..I have to move/complete life change  in the next few months. Not sure where..or how much of a lifetime of cars/parts/tools goes with me or into storage or gets tossed. Building more rack storage and crating stuff. This will be a HUGE! task. NO tears here. SURE HAS BEEN FUN!!

enjenjo

QuoteI was going to say you need a Monster Maul.

I have one. There was just too much to do in a weekend by hand. Split, it filled up a long bed pickup box 9 times, as much as we could stack on it. Plus three loads in a 6 1/2 ft short bed.

Today we went down to Springfield to the Cars and Parts Swap meet. Picked up a Kirker seat for the race car. Yesterday we stripped a 95 Caprice.

kb426

I went 180 miles and retrieved my son's cycle. We've traded it for a newer one that has been laid down on both sides. The new one has 2000 miles on it. I was told that the owner got 2 tickets, one of which was for 156 mph and his dad sold it back to the dealer. I called the dealer just to bs. He and I have been friends for years. He mentions this deal and before long, I have one more project. In the last month, I built a new patio, replaced the main seal in the 32, not fun, and have started replacing some siding on the house. My plan was to have all the house projects finished so I could play. I'm several weeks away from that goal as long as I don't add to the list. The bike shouldn't be too bad. Most of my bike projects have age and mileage defects to repair also. I don't think 2000 miles was enough to ruin everything. Guess I'll see next week. Going to watch Indy tomorrow. I have no favorites, just want to see a great race.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Straightened out the front of my 92 sierra classic.Bumper found a trailer hitch on the back of a van@ 60 KPH.Cost of bumper----$40   Not getting told how to drive by wifey who introduced bumper to trailer hitch-----PRICELESS