Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

This week during lunch at work , I milled  on the log intake head for my Ford 6 in the falcon.  Direct mount Holley 2 barrel carb stuff going on the engine.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

What are you going to have to do to seal that Tony?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Did some cleanup in the barn yesterday. Loaded a trailer up with scrap metal, moved things to where they belonged, threw away lots of trash plastic, ect. Now I have 8 truck loads of firewood to split. Mostly ash, but some cotton wood.

Carps

Did nuthin this weekend, well untill today.

Old buddy rang and asked if I was going to drag racer's reunion.

Knew nuthin of it.  Had a great day with all the old blokes from our drag racing youth.  Kinda scary how some of them have aged, but great to catch up with blokes I haven't seen in 30 years or more, lots of old foters and benchracing.

Sadly, a few were missed coz they have fallen by the wayside.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

moparrodder

Well since it rained Saturday we can't go racing or work in the fields, I think installing the fifth wheel I got for the new to me pickup to pull the camper we got last September is on the agenda for this morning. The do some more work on Andy's sport mod race car as it's not ready to race yet. hopefully it will be a productive day.

Bill

GPster

Well six hours of driving (I'm slow) kind of made my hands go to sleep. I'm trying to loosen them up so I'll be ready for CHAT. Did some sand blasting yesteday but I might need the window on that cabinet ground to my perscription because the stuff didn't look as good when I took it out of the cabinet as it looked while sand was hitting it. GPster

chimp koose

Finally got back to working on the anglia.I mounted the front fenders and am now trimming the coils to get the right ride height.IDEALLY the lower control arm should be horizontal at ride height ,am I correct?

reborn55

Went to the Bunny Run in Jackson Tn and dodged a whole bunch of raindrops.  Met Papastoyss and Al and his wife.  Was still a pretty good show.

papastoyss

Quote from: "reborn55"Went to the Bunny Run in Jackson Tn and dodged a whole bunch of raindrops.  Met Papastoyss and Al and his wife.  Was still a pretty good show.
Saw your car again Sat while walking around but didn't see you. Nice 55. Sue & I had a 55 4 door plain jane wagon once. Did you stay for Sunday? That was our grandson who drew the raffle winners. He had a ball. We ragged him pretty good about the lady who kissed him for drawing her #. He thought he was hot stuff when he got to ride thru with me to recieve the NSRA safety award.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

reborn55

Went by your car a couple of times, but guess you were dodging rain drops like we were.  Congrats on your award.  I was a few  cars behind you in the line--the 55 got Best Classic award.  Better watch out--grandson sounds like a ladies man.

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"Went to the Bunny Run in Jackson Tn and dodged a whole bunch of raindrops.  Met Papastoyss and Al and his wife.  Was still a pretty good show.

The sun came out just as everyone was leaving. It was good to see you Ken. Nice '55. AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

QuoteIDEALLY the lower control arm should be horizontal at ride height ,am I correct?

Yes. A little downhill to the wheel won't hurt, but uphill to the wheel screws up the camber curve.

chimp koose

Thanks enjenjo, I cut 2" out of the front coils and it now sits just right. The lower control arm is level. this is the first time I have had the car all put together and on the ground.I mounted the fenders a couple days ago.At this ride height the  carb sits level and the crank centerline is 15 1/2" off the floor.I must have just walked around the car staring at it for an hour.

enjenjo

Yesterday I got my hips all chapped mowing the lawn. Broke the drive belt, had to get dressed to go get one.

Today I stripped a junker 82 GMC pickup, with a good 350 in it. It's loaded up ready for the scrap yard.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"What are you going to have to do to seal that Tony?

hi,

I have not gotten back to the cylinder head project yet.  I bought a chunk of Aluminum on friday to use as a base adapter
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)