Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Fatcat, Josh and I were working on the room in the barn this weekend. It's all framed in, ceiling joists secured, and the wals are sheeted up half way. Still have to sheet the floor above this room, that will give us 240 sq ft. of additional storage space. so far I have about $180 invested in it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

It looks like you're the only one doing anything. GPster

BFS57

Hello:
I'm done with that dreary hospital! It has been 6 weeks now and I am really doing quite nicely. You know that things don't stop. First nite back from the Hospital, I had to service my AC Filter. At least, I taught my wife how to!
Now, I must mention that if it wasn't for my better half doing all she can to help me it would have been sooo much harder! My hat is off to her!! I couldn't ask for a better partner!
While I was re cooping, I changed the serpentine belt on the wife's Trailblazer! Now that I feel a whole lot better, this weekend I am attempting the wiper install on the 57. That coupled with a new dash with Autometer Gages and I should be on my way to the next 3 or 4 things I need to do to that car!
So many jobs not nearly enough time!

Bruce

enjenjo

Grandadeo

Working on getting the used 60 gal. tank air compressor that I bought my son for his birthday up and running - plumbing, wiring, etc.  Then get it out of my garage and reclaim 9 sq. ft. of floor space.  Every little bit helps.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

kb426

About a month ago I decided I needed more power in the 32. I bought a broken 347 and proceeded to go through it. I bought alum heads for it and am now in the process of transferring everything from the 302 to it. The balance weights are different and have caused me some grief trying to line up all the pulleys. The redo list isn't very long but I think I'm a month away from having everything done. This started at the first of July with a little 3 week repaint.   :lol:
TEAM SMART

Grandadeo

Worked on my son's compressor today as I said earlier.  Got the plumbing part of it going in the right direction but could not find the electrical cord I bought to wire it up.  So I started cleaning the garage a bit and moving stuff and sorting through a bunch of boxes.  Boy it was like Christmas.  I found more harbor freight DEALS then I could remember ever buying.  You know the sale stuff that you put in the cart cause it's cheap.  Plus I unearthed some tools and new parts I been looking for.  Hope to keep going tomorrow and get the old garage back in shape, although it will take at least a week to find the floor.  It's finally enjoyable garage weather so I better get on the stick.

Lee

Grandadeo

Not much work in the garage today.  What with meeting a few local hot rodders for breakfast and a Harbor frieght run it's hard to get much done.  I did find the electrical stuff I was looking for in the garage.  It was about a foot from the compressor buried under some other stuff.  Well it's off to a cruise night in Ft. Pierce now.  We'll really hit it out there tomorrow to make up for goofing off today.

Lee

tomslik

finally getting around to hanging a MII in one of my ramblers.
never had to do much with a uni-body so it's kinda fun for a change...
supposed to go look at a big block camaro this afternoon with my CPA.
looks * good in the pics.... we'll see;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

I've found another set of fuel lines and I'll probably explore ways of making a combination long enough to reach. I've decided I've got the major components located well enough to pull the front sheetmetal off so I can get close enough to see.                                                               There are some strange circumstances surrounding this weekend through and including the holiday. Linda and Puppy are on the road and Kelsey (my dog) and I are home alone. His health has been in question since April with breathing problem and his hair falling out. We have been through multipal/extensive blood tests, Xrays, cortizone screenings and breathing theropy following multiple symptoms. He's only seven and the only constant is his apparent need to drink a lot of water. How much is the reason for this five day quarantine (?). He needs to be in his normal environment and his water intake measured which would be hard if Puppy was going into the bowl too. He loves to and has the energy to walk and I can deal with the temperature if only the sun would shine. So I've got a 5 day weekend but my project may not show that much progress. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

I found this little Mitsubishi vehicle near my house... I was thinking Bonneville salt flat driver.  Install a stake bed sides, canopy , generator , fridge...       Sign says it is a 4x4 , it is right hand drive.  Price is a bit high for me.... $3500.00

Worked on the vette , got most of the old parts off.  Need to call Muskegon brakes next week.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"I found this little Mitsubishi vehicle near my house... I was thinking Bonneville salt flat driver.  Install a stake bed sides, canopy , generator , fridge...       Sign says it is a 4x4 , it is right hand drive.  Price is a bit high for me.... $3,500.00
There was a couple of them For Sale here. Because of the person that had them for sale I would think that they served duty between some of the local plants and a river front docking and unloading site. They were clean. probably driven by shift foreman and had 23,000 miles on them. they were licensed for street use and they were asking $5,500.00. I'd think the daily driving from Salt Lake City would be hard in it. It would be nice to have to make the daily drive from  the "Wide Spot" but you'd have to tow it from Arizona behind the motor home. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "Crosley"I found this little Mitsubishi vehicle near my house... I was thinking Bonneville salt flat driver.  Install a stake bed sides, canopy , generator , fridge...       Sign says it is a 4x4 , it is right hand drive.  Price is a bit high for me.... $3,500.00
There was a couple of them For Sale here. Because of the person that had them for sale I would think that they served duty between some of the local plants and a river front docking and unloading site. They were clean. probably driven by shift foreman and had 23,000 miles on them. they were licensed for street use and they were asking $5,500.00. I'd think the daily driving from Salt Lake City would be hard in it. It would be nice to have to make the daily drive from  the "Wide Spot" but you'd have to tow it from Arizona behind the motor home. GPster

Joe,

I would not use the small Mit vehicle to drive the 120 miles each direction  to the salt from SLC.  Camping in the curve of the road  at the salt would happen

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

reborn55

Worked on a Grand caravan yesterday, and then mulched the leaves so more leaves could fall and take their places.  Sat around today and watched football contemplating what to do to the ragtop the rest of the winter.  Cheaper and easier watching games than playing with Murphy.

enjenjo

Fatcat and i worked on his 47 chevy this weekend We finished up the right side. He is between classes this week, so he had some time.  Now we have to flip it up on the other side to do the left side. We had to install new inner roackers, new sills, four body mounts, and several floor patches. The rest of the body is done by the PO, so it is worth it to fix the bottom too.