Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "Danimal"Carps, I'm not sure where you are but I certainly hope it is in the southern hemisphere. If I saw snow on 10 August at home, I'd be convinced hell froze over and it was just the aftershock!
We are in the SH but considering our water shortage and the fact that this just isn't supposed to happen here, we are thinking you may be right about hell freezing over.

QuoteAnd I don't play with my balls in the snow. I play with them in my pocket.
It was so cold you would not even have been able to do that.   :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Danimal"Wow. I'm on my first wife. 16 years so far. When do I trade up?

Any trading you do will be down. She can trade up.

And I give it about ten minutes after she reads this before the 'sale' starts..   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

GPster

It's been a month since I was talking about the K-member and this is what it looks like installed.  It allowed me to slide the engine back 7 and 3/4 inches so that I could get the front sheet metal on.  I had to section 3 and 1/2 inches out of the grille so it would fit over the frame rail.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

We spent the day correcting another one of my mistakes. :shock:  On Fat Cats 47 Chevy, I wanted more reinfocement on the front crossmember. well, I got carried away, and didn't leave enough room for the steering rack. I never checked to see if it would fit. :shock: And he painted the frame too, a really nice job.

So we had to cut a C into the reinforcement, and boxed that back in, and cut a hole through the motor mount tower for the steering shaft. Now he can repaint that corner of the frame.

kb426

I have to pull the dash and steering column and the cab is ready to come off the 32. I finally got the box, tailgate and hood painted this week. If I would do things right the first time, I wouldn't be doing this.
TEAM SMART

alchevy

I have a new project, a 1948 Chevy Pickup. Will be street rodding it soon.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Rayvyn

Just got settled into a new place after 4 months of turmoil, storage, delays, renting, moving twice and still sorting through boxes for missing items. Now that I can take a day and relax a little, Mother Nature throws a curve ball at us.
We're supposed to get a hurricane or some semblance thereof in a couple of days. Governor already opened the EOC's and declared a potential emergency so the Guard can be alerted.
Now everything has to come back into the garage again, and the rods have to go back to storage.
At least if I get the day off I can finish with my in-ceiling speakers for the garage stereo and run the electric for my shop and beer signs.

Hey Carpsipoo, I'll trade your little bit of chilly grassy dandruff for this stinkin' heat, rain and hurricane crap.

If I hear the term "spagetti models" one more time during a weather report I'm shooting the TV. Probably an Aussie term for "We don't have a *' clue".

Otherwise, Life is good.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

gazza2947

yep; we're doing something - it's winter here; and a dozen or so of us went on a garage crawl sunday morning; and checked out a few "in-progress" rods.

what we saw confirms that hot rodding is alive and well, and booming here in australia.

sorry - no pic's...
a hot rod doesn\'t need a roof; but it does need louvres...

kb426

The 32 is all apart. I filled the right side door lock hole and am working on making the doors fit better. What a mess. Who's idea was this anyway? :lol:
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

oh , lets see:

our daily driver has a noise in it. Sounds like the dual mass flywheel on the engine is going bad.

I released the "smoke" from my cordless Craftsman drill motor.  The drill is about 5 years old, i guess it is worn out.  It still runs... sorta.

Still no A/C in my work shop. It's been 93-96*F in there lately.

Work has been interesting... 2 fellows fired, 2 quit, another one is suppose to be back to work next week IF a deal has been worked out?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"Still no A/C in my work shop. It's been 93-96*F in there lately.:
Yes but it's good weather for the black paint on the firewall of the Falcon to dry. Powder coating must take even longer to dry here in the "Rust Belt". You guys are doing great. The firewall for the Jeepster leaning against the garage wall still bears a strong resemblence to the back of a display case out of a grocery store. Any "Powder Coating " here will be if I spray clear over the powder that has "dusted" everything (me included) that has been dormant too long. Jeepster

Rayvyn

Quote from: "gazza2947"yep; we're doing something - it's winter here; and a dozen or so of us went on a garage crawl sunday morning.

Why ya gotta crawl? Too fugly to walk up on folks? But then again if you took Carps with you, I see why you'd have to sneak up on society. They did claim to find a Bigfoot here recently. Looked like Carps, but didn't have an accent.

Quote from: "gazza2947"
sorry - no pic's...

Bless you. we don't like to scare folks... :wink:  :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Danimal

Loaded up on Friday and went to Michigan Fiber Fest in Allegan (north west of Kzoo).

Took about 10 angora goats and 2 sheep. Got last and second to last with the sheep (just learning) and various places in the goat show including Reserve Champion Colored Buck. We were a bit thrilled with that. My wife sold a goat there, 2 before we left, and it looks like at least 2 since we've been home. Kind of nice when things work out.

Bad part was Court got sick so I drove there and back every day while he stayed home. 1000 miles on the Trailblazer this weekend. I don't want to think of the amount of gas, 3 1/2 tanks? Yikes.

I did get to talk to a few weavers who gave me tips on how to finish a project I was doing. I'm finishing it now. Maybe I'll post some pictures later, once it is dry.

Had fun passing all of the cool rides headed up to Detroit for Woodward on Friday and Saturday and then seeing them come back Saturday and Sunday. I passed a couple in a very nice late 60s Mustang rolling from Illinois. Another guy was in a gorgeous 68 GTO convertible right around Marshall. There was a '51 Henry J going through Blissfield on Sunday on a trailer. Primer black gasser (aren't all Henry J's gassers?)

We managed to work a bit on Court's truck Sunday eve. One side of the rad is mounted. Still the other side to tack and finish weld. Goal for next weekend, I guess!

enjenjo

Went to a car show today, first one this year, outside of cruises. Won a door prize too, dinner at a Mexican restaraunt.