Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS57

Hello;
Had lots of projects to do but my best friend I have known since the late 50's just suddenly up and passed away! He's only one year older than me!
Now, two man jobs on my car will be just me!
Crap, Life gives us bad deals when we least expect it!

Bruce

Carps

I finished another model car project.  This one was a club contes to build a Gasser and of course nearly everybody built one of the many Willys Gassers available.  Liking a challenge mine is two parts fuel altered, one part gasser plus a '55 Corvette which basically adds up to be one mean nasty sumbeech race car!

For those who need to know these things the parts list is as follows:
AMT '55 'Vette stocker provided the starting point.
RM A rat rod front axle/wishbone assy, wheels and steering.
AMT Beverly Hillbilly's Olds rear axle and drive shaft.
AMT Winged Express fuel altered, rear wheels and tyres, engine, clutch and scatter-shield.
RM, Stone woods and Cook Willys, headers and decals.
Revell Parts Pack, B&M modified Hydramatic.
AMT '64 Mustang, wheelie bars and drag chute.
Other bits from my parts dept, drivers seat, fire extinguisher, traction rods, rear shocks, moon tank, grille mesh, dzus fastener decals.
Roll bar, moon tank mounting, suspension cross-member and wishbone tab plus hood tabs fabricated from plastic stock
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

UGLY OLDS

Carps...That incredible... );b(  I dont know how you can do it...GREAT job... :b-d:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

My 1962 Falcon has the gasser look...... KEEP in mind the car has OEM front suspension IFS.

The Falcon is sitting in the air since there is NO engine in it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

Quote from: "Crosley"My 1962 Falcon has the gasser look...... KEEP in mind the car has OEM front suspension IFS.

The Falcon is sitting in the air since there is NO engine in it.

I knew there must be an easier way!    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Grandadeo

Flying up to visit the outlaws in Western NY this week.  Get to go to a big annual cruise night on Wednesday at the western end of the Erie Canal where I grew up.  That's the only car related thing the whole time.  Then its off to Canada for the weekend.  We'll be at her family's cottage up on Sturgeon Bay way north of Toronto.  If I can sneak away up there I'll be looking for some Merc truck parts and any other interesting old stuff I might stumble across.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

enjenjo

Went down to Dayton today, visited with 58 Apache, and Mr Bill, and a couple other guys I know down there. Looked over 58 Apache's 69 Chevelle, the paint is really nice, he is doing a great job. Also looked at an in progress 40 chevy. They just fired the 454 in it saturday
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

more drag racing this weekend .Went 2 rounds saturday lost by.01 breakout.(.040 to .051 reaction time). Sunday we went out in the first round . Other car had a .011 reaction time and .005 off dial in!We are getting pretty upset with track prep.Track manager treats traction compound like GOLD, will not use enough to allow for consistent traction.

kb426

I finally got the box stripped last weekend. I went to Salina on saturday and worked on the box all sunday. I boxed all 4 corners of the bedrails. I primered the areas where the frame goes back into it. I'm now where I thought I would be 4 weeks ago.
TEAM SMART

Carps

Coldest and wettest weekend for a long time, not conducive to workin under the car.  So...... I started another little one, a kustom this time round.

Took a bit of work in the chassis dept to get it to sit right.

Some cutting, a bit of fabricating, a dab of filler, some moulding and sanding and we got the makings of a bonafide kustom '36 coupe.

Because I get bored doing only one thing at a time (and the filler/primer doesn't fry fast enuff), I broke out the brushes and detailed a couple more of those little toolboxes.

Carps

chopshopcustoms

HI all- new to the board but Im actually going to a new show this weekend that is happening. Supposed to be pretty cool . Local too- which saves on gas and lodging.

Its the Sho Car Association Rod & Custom Nationals in Marlboro MA.

ANyone else going to a show at all?
Lenny Schaeffer
Chop-Shop Customs
Woburn MA
www.chop-shopcustoms.com

Danimal

Too far for the Sho Car show.

I planned to bale hay Sunday and started doing check out on the baler on Saturday. Finally going to get it in with no rain. Maybe! The baler when BAM last time so I was fixing everything there. Missed a busted sprocket weld and as I started it, the gathering arm rolled into the chamber. You can guess what happened when the plunger went into the chamber...I'm about 2 parts shy of a parts baler. I bent lots of stuff and broke only a few. Spent most of the day ripping it apart so I can fix the sprocket.

Went to weld. Out of gas. Went to change wire to flux core, rust spot on one area so it keeps clogging the gun. Didn't get it done. Off to Tractor Supply for bolts, gas, and wire this morning!

I've got a neighbor baling it for me. We haven't talked price but it is still better than what is being charged out west. Had someone tell my wife it has hit $20 per bale in NV. She's selling out of her animals because she can't afford it.

Sometimes, when it rains, you get wet.

Looks like NEXT weekend I'll get to Frank's for some parts I've been talking about since May.

kb426

I got the box, tailgate and new hood painted today. I'm going to sand the clear and put 1 more coat of clear on it. That's my answer to buffing when you have small irregular spots. Too many chances for me to mess up. I should get that finished still this week. Then the cab comes back off and some work done on it. Not fun be necessary for me to be satisfied.
TEAM SMART

Danimal

Went to Enjenjo's place with the boys this morning. Saw Fat Cat and met a guy named * Weed. Those guys ain't right.

Anyway...we picked up a parts frame from Frank & Frank and got my bent baler part bent back (thanks again, Enjenjo).

We took the '48 frame home and took off the rest of the floor pan and saved it for later. Scraped some of the goo off and will take it to the car wash in the morning.

This is for Elijah's 1948 Sedan Delivery that we bought on the HAMB 2 years ago. Someone tried to make it a gasser and well, failed. We have some work to do but the plan is to swap in a late model rear and upgrade the front brakes. Engine/trans not decided on just yet. Interior doesn't exist but dash is nice. Long way to go but we'll put it right by the time he turns 16 or maybe 61...

enjenjo

After Danimal and his boys left, Fatcat and I assembled his 47 Chevy frame. Got most of it done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.