Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I ripped all the interior out of my Impala today.  Need to get new springs in the drivers seat and since I had  it out, I decided to take the time to replace the package shelf.  Of course, that requires removing all the interior chrome, rear seat, door panels, and sail panels.  Since they were out I cleaned all the chrome around the windows where I missed it when I put in in originally.  

Also gathered up all the stuff to put power windows in it after I get the Olds  done.  Got them from the same car I picked up a tilt/telescope column for.  These colums are 65/66 only.

Then my son and his wife came over and had me replace the regulator on their Grand Am.  Drivers side this time.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

2 days of drag racing.....if the weather holds out.

sirstude

Road trip to Lewistown and the a ride on the Charlie Russell Choo Choo, then a nice cruise home on Sunday through Great Falls.  About 20 couples are going.  Leaveing in about an hour.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

msuguydon

Got the brake job finished.. now I have a shiny new master cylinder to polish... nothing says "I like to spend money", like chrome.

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Carps

Doing my bit for global warming.

That is sitting in my den with the heater on full blast because it's too bloody cold to go outside!
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

moose

Continuing on my frame. Nit picking welds in small areas and cosmitic stuff...

Tim

enjenjo

Cleaned up the shop, and put the rear end together for Fatcat's Chevy. One of the backing plates is bent. Doh!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteOne of the backing plates is bent. Doh!![/quote

Those can be easily repaired by using special brake tool # BFH60oz.  :idea:  BUT..Stay away from those HF impostors..They don't work as well... :shock:

Bob.............. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I have a BFH72, will that work? I'm just puzzled how it got bent.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Put a 1000 mi on the car this week-end as I went to Goodguys Columbus. Met up with a few of the other riff raff that frequent this board. Had a good time on the trip down as I did mostly 2 lane, coming back today I only did some 2 lane and it took 2 1/4 hrs less time. Show was ok but I doubt that I'll go again as the way they run things down there leaves a lot to be desired. Host hotel parking lot at night was a great time though. Don, did you make it down? If you did sorry I missed you.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

My fuel tank, brackets and tool box are now black. I'm stripping the box as we speak. It ain't no fun.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

steamed off the engine compartment of the Falcon...need to get some black paint in the engine area.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fuzzy

Lookin' good! :) Gotta love those old Falcons.

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

chimp koose

I'm with Fuzzy on the falcon thing. I used to rent out my garage and the one project that was in there was a falcon like Crosleys with the firewall moved to the front of the doors,a straight axle,and a 429/c6/9" .neat stuff!

Danimal

Quote from: "kb426"My fuel tank, brackets and tool box are now black. I'm stripping the box as we speak. It ain't no fun.

Probably be more fun if you didn't try to stripe while you type. I'm no striper but I've seen it done with two hands and they seemed to do OK with it. :P

And that Falcon is awesome. I'm not a Ford guy but that'd be one that I'd take. There is a white Ranchero of the same vintage in Blissfield at the local shop. Been there for ages. Supposed to be putting in some motor work but the guy is out of $. I'd be up for sporting one of those around.