Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

I decided this year it's time to spend the July 4th weekend working on my car instead of looking at the cars of others, so that's what I've been doing.  My new impact screwdriver works almost like magic, I forgot how well those things work.  The upper tailgate is out of the wagon and safely stored, working on the rest of the glass.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I'm disassembling the 32 for a repaint. I just finished my under the bed storage box and tomorrow morning I will finish the new tailgate. I'm not very excited about the repaint. The same guy that made the mistakes the first time is the guy that's going to repaint it.  :lol: I've got a short list of things that I'm changing before it goes back together.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

QuoteThe same guy that made the mistakes the first time is the guy that's going to repaint it.  

Bich slap him before he starts.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

TEAM SMART

Carps

Think I'll just put my feet up and relax for a change.

Maybe ponder how I'm gunna get to the Nats and Bonneville.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

chimp koose

shingles are done now its time to paint the garage.

moose

Took the frame for my Coupe out of the chassis jig! Put it into the rotisserie to hit the small areas I could not get to for finish welding. I will also start the cosmetic grinding. Filler wilol wait till I totally mock up the chassis....Included pick of the finished K member

GPster

Quote from: "moose"Took the frame for my Coupe out of the chassis jig! Put it into the rotisserie to hit the small areas I could not get to for finish welding. I will also start the cosmetic grinding. Filler wilol wait till I totally mock up the chassis....Included pick of the finished K member
Wow, your work looks a lot better than mine. I just finished the welding on the hard places (I can't weld up-side down or backwards). I didn't scrimp on the welding rod so I've got a lot of grinding. You guys look like professionals with your materials. My "K" member is made out of 1" gas pipe.  a piece of 2"x4" rectangular tubing ( that I cut up to make two pieces of angle) and a piece of 5" channel. I'd take a picture of it but the camera is in Los Angeles. Linda called me this morning . Her and he girl friend went downtown and saw that there was a Peterson Hot Rod museum.  They didn't bother going in (and taking pictures) because they didn't think it was anything they'd be interested in. GPster

river1

Quote from: GPster
Quote from: "moose"Her and he girl friend went downtown and saw that there was a Peterson Hot Rod museum.  They didn't bother going in (and taking pictures) because they didn't think it was anything they'd be interested in. GPster

they probably weren't interested but you sure would have been.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

msuguydon

I took the tuna boat to my buddies shop today.  With his help I am putting disc brakes on the boat.  We got about 75% of the way complete today.  We are gonna finish up tomorrow.

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

moose

[quote="GPster  Wow, your work looks a lot better than mine. I just finished the welding on the hard places (I can't weld up-side down or backwards). I didn't scrimp on the welding rod so I've got a lot of grinding. You guys look like professionals with your materials. My "K" member is made out of 1" gas pipe.  a piece of 2"x4" rectangular tubing ( that I cut up to make two pieces of angle) and a piece of 5" channel. I'd take a picture of it but the camera is in Los Angeles. Linda called me this morning . Her and he girl friend went downtown and saw that there was a Peterson Hot Rod museum.  They didn't bother going in (and taking pictures) because they didn't think it was anything they'd be interested in. GPster[/quote]

I am lucky to have access to a well equipted shop and steel store very close. I have been a fabricator most of my life so the skills learned help make it look easier than it is. Sounds like you will have a good home built toy when you are finished and doing it yourself will make for wide smiles :P

Tim

GPster

Quote from: msuguydonI took the tuna boat to my buddies shop today.  With his help I am putting disc brakes on the boat.  We got about 75% of the way complete today.  We are gonna finish up tomorrow.                    Do you have to be home before dark or did you get your tail lights fixed?

msuguydon

Quote from: GPster
Quote from: "msuguydon"I took the tuna boat to my buddies shop today.  With his help I am putting disc brakes on the boat.  We got about 75% of the way complete today.  We are gonna finish up tomorrow.                    Do you have to be home before dark or did you get your tail lights fixed?

Car stayed at the shop.  And yes I have to home before dark.  I don't bother my buddy with the small stuff.   When I left the car was still on the lift.. Man is that nice to work with a lift...

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

moose

Heres hoping that everyone Stateside had a  Safe and enjoyable $th weekend........

Tim

Danimal

Quote from: "moose"Heres hoping that everyone Stateside had a  Safe and enjoyable 4th weekend........

Tim

Everyplace else as well!

We played clean up around here. We cut some firewood and cleaned up the brush piles. Burned what needed burned and chopped some of what needed chopped.

Did get out the body hammers and practiced on one of Court's inner fenders for his '54. Had hoped to start getting them in place but that didn't work out just yet. Probably not until after the fair the 20-27 July. Then we'll hit it and get it running.

Had to bury a young goat. She came down with something on Thursday and went down hill fast. I checked on her this morning and got her to eat, went to town, came back and she was gone. I doubt she was 4 months old. Bummer.

Got better, though. Went out to the brother in law and sister in law's place. Had a good barbeque and the kids went in the pond. I held down a chair and when it seemed like it might fly away, I added beer for ballast. In the end, the chair didn't have a chance.