Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

39deluxe

It's still a great show. This year most of the drivers own their own dirt late model  teams. It's getting serious. You shoiuld have seen Tony taking Juan Pablo out last year for some follow the leader laps to show him how to run the track. Juan had never seen a dirt track before that day. By the end of the night he was doing quite well.

It's going to be great, fenders or not.

Tom

P.S. Ran out of posie pots. Need to put a limit on those things next year.

GPster

The weekend festivities start for me today. Because my driving concentration fades ( it can take me seven hours to drive 250 miles to Swanton or back) I will take off today and drive through Canton and Akron to Kent, Ohio. Tomorrow is that grandaughter's last day of school, half day. I'll pick her up from school tomorrow and we'll drive back to Marietta. By the time we get there our son and the two Cincinnati grandkids should be there. Friday, Linda's taking off from work and the festivities will begin building to a 5 year old boy's second birthday party this week. Saturday our son will probably have had enough (of four kids, a boy, two girls and his mother) so he'll take off to Columbus for some sporting event, probably soccer. Linda and the kids will probably have decided that there's something they just "have-to-have" so there will probably be assorted shopping trips. Sunday, I'll probably drive half-way to Kent to meet a parent (arithmetic says I can do two half-ways in a day). Somewhere there are people that think I was given the choice between this an Indy. I don't know who'll I'll have to fight for time on what computor so CHAT and my time on the Forum may be kind of light. GPster

river1

Quote from: "GPster"Somewhere there are people that think I was given the choice between this an Indy. I don't know who'll I'll have to fight for time on what computor so CHAT and my time on the Forum may be kind of light. GPster

yes but the grandkids memories will be priceless :!:  :!:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Grandadeo

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "GPster"Somewhere there are people that think I was given the choice between this an Indy. I don't know who'll I'll have to fight for time on what computor so CHAT and my time on the Forum may be kind of light. GPster

yes but the grandkids memories will be priceless :!:  :!:

Grandadeo - Its my most important job.  Got a new one on the way too.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

GPster

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Grandadeo - Its my most important job.  Got a new one on the way too.Lee
At the begining of this new generation, our son asked us by what names they should teach Caroline (the first) to refer to me. In searching my notion of distinquished characters I came up with a role that Walter Brennan played on TV. I'm refered to as Gramps and Linda chose GraMMy. The names have stuck and have been carried throuh the third grandchild. GPster

EMSjunkie

I guess I'll hafta work on daily drivers......TP STILL has not shipped my spindles :evil:  :evil:

only been on back-order for 3 months now :!:  :!:  :roll:  :x

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

well its friday and im headed downtown for the annual motorcycle show and hope the severe storms hold out a while.. russell mitchell from exile cycles is in town again.. Oh ya its hot as hell here and humid.. Like 90.. tomorrow is a memorial car show for my old buddy ron at his old dealership in grass lake and then later i may have to ride to the bar next to the harley dealership and hand over the scoot for the bikini bike wash  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Sue says as long as i feed her and buy her some drinks i can let the bikini clad girls wash my bike   :!:  :lol: Ha Ha what a Gal... Ill bet it dont get washed though.. The bike show also continues downtown tomorrow too.. Sunday i plan on doing the 5000 mike service on the harley.. Oil and filter and primary lube and trans lube all get changed and check the primary chain for looseness.. Im not paying over 300 bucks for the dealer to do it and im not gonna pay anyone to do it.. Too easy. Im going with amsoil and synthetic in the crank case and primary and their gear lube for the transmission.. This was suggested by the guys in town the fixed my bike and i got everything i needed for about the same price as harley gets and didnt have to drive 30 miles to get it as i was already in town at work anyway.. I should have done it last night but my plans were foiled by a buddy stopping and cold cocktails !
Dave :lol:  :arrow:

news flash.. Just got invited to i96 speedway for the sprints on dirt show tomorrow night too.... my kids are going and didnt even invite me ??? lil bastards.. ha ha

Bugpac

Its a sod vintage show, you know that correct?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Bugpac

chimp koose

2 days of drag racing!I think I'm gonna get the drag racing bug again!I pretty near needed the 12 step program to quit last time!

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"

sods web site dont say anything about vintage stuff and ive never heard of sod vintage stuff.. looks like a regular show to me..
Dave

just found this
June 7 SOD Sprint Cars

UMP Modifieds, Hobby Stocks, Mini Sprints, 4cyl. Road beaters.

Jack Layton Memorial Vintage Classic Exhibition

pits open 4pm

hot laps 630

race 730

Dave

Car show was good but a little small .. Bout id guess 25-30 cars there... I got best of show :?: I guess they like real hot rids with no fenders and primer cause there were some mice muscle cars there.. now i gotta add on the the trophy room again...
Im going to the dirt track..
L8TR
Dave

sirstude

It's raining and cold AGAIN!  Trying to get some done on the Olds this weekend, but the wife wanted to check out beds and computer desks.  She is remodeling our Daughters room 5 years after she moved out.  I guess she figures now that Beck is married, she probably is not coming back.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I didn't go to Indy, my mother was admited to hospital with anaphylactic shock, a severe allergy reaction, cause undetermined at this time, she is home and doing fine now.

Then last hight, severe storms moved through, including tornados, lots of damage in the area, but we all made it through fine. Of course the cable is out. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bugpac

Quote from: "enjenjo"I didn't go to Indy, my mother was admited to hospital with anaphylactic shock, a severe allergy reaction, cause undetermined at this time, she is home and doing fine now.

Then last hight, severe storms moved through, including tornados, lots of damage in the area, but we all made it through fine. Of course the cable is out. :lol:

sorry about your mom frank, It rained like a son of a beach here last night, if dave didnt goto a motel and give up on the tent at the dirt track, he is wet, if he had enuff cocktails before hand he wont notice anyhow... :D  Tornando hit here about 6 miles north, Friday night, made a pretty good mess of the st johns area....