Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

were power washing and staining my deck this weekend... Yester day after washing it my buddy and I took a ride to Temperance to drop off my craftsman boxes that I sold to a guy on the HAMB. We made a little side trip and stopped at Danimals house as I saw a chevy pickup cab and box in napoleon i thought he might be interested in and weve never met to this was a good opportunity to stop and have a look see at his and his sons project truck.. Next thing you know im talking to enjenjo on Dans phone and he says wait 20 minutes and he will be there.. Ok an hour later he shows.. A little bsing and stuff and were on our way back to Jackson.. We stained all the railing and spindles except the steps last night and we will do the steps and the rest of the deck today.. Sue cooked us one hell of a meal and we crashed. :lol: Im gonna take my buddy out for a ride in the roadster today if every thing goes right. We were gonna do that yesterday but too many things came up..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

Sounds like you had a ton of fun Junk...I took the buggy out to the speedway yesterday, Blew the stator out of it best I can tell.....Besides that working on laying glass... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

enjenjo

I made up a steering shaft for Danimal yesterday morning. About noon, he called and Dave was there, so I aske hime to stay until I could get there. loaded up and headed out, and promtly got held up by a train. :shock: After about double the 20 minutes I said, I finally got to Dans. Spent about an hour there, then came home to work on fatcats Chevy.

We set up the rear end housing some time back to fit the car using a Chevelle rear suspension. So about 3 weeks ago, I tried installing the 3.73 ring and pinion we bought for it. It wouldn't fit. :roll:  Seems what we have is a 12 bolt, 10 bolt! Now this is not the 10 bolt 12 bolt used in some Oldsmobiles, but a different, even rarer setup only used for 3 years in the mid 70s. no one ever made aftermarket gears for it, with only three factory ratios offered, 3.08, 3.23, and 3.42, and the only one I can find is a 3.08. From a normal 12 bolt the pinion bearings are different, the pinion is longer, and the ring gear ID is different. so normal 12 bolt parts won't fit. To top it off, the axles are 31 spline, interchange with no other GM cars, the brakes are like a truck, not like a car, even the axle bearings are different.

So it was decided to set up another rear end that we could get parts for. Tore down an 8.2 10 bolt only to find it is a type O, no gear available. All the other GM rears I have here are either type O, or the wrong size. So now we are in the rethinking mode, with a bunch of new parts that we can't use.

The after Fatcat and Trinka left, i worked on a trailer frame I am building, at least I got something done on that.

Today cleanup.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Danimal

Still working on the truck. Got the steering shaft from Enjenjo into the truck, drilled, and bolted. Messing around with putting the Autometer 5" into the chevy truck housings to make them fit, and looking at spaghetti wiring. I've reached my limit so the truck will probably not run at Billetproof but it WILL be there. We can thrash more afterwards.

My buddy called me back, he couldn't find the cab/bed in Napolean. If you have a more precise location, let me know and he'll run it down! He lives in Napolean and I need just one more pile of * in the yard.

Heads are torqued, valve covers on, and working on running fuel lines and wires. Hope to swap over to the seat Enjenjo dropped off.

reborn55

Did 2 brake jobs and an A/C service--made almost enough money to pay for gas to go to Indy and back.  Today we finish getting the pool open and maybe even enjoying it before the rains come.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"he called and Dave was there, so I aske hime to stay until I could get there.

now why would you want to do that?
are you a glutton for punishment?
:wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Quote from: "Danimal"Still working on the truck. Got the steering shaft from Enjenjo into the truck, drilled, and bolted. Messing around with putting the Autometer 5" into the chevy truck housings to make them fit, and looking at spaghetti wiring. I've reached my limit so the truck will probably not run at Billetproof but it WILL be there. We can thrash more afterwards.

My buddy called me back, he couldn't find the cab/bed in Napolean. If you have a more precise location, let me know and he'll run it down! He lives in Napolean and I need just one more pile of #### in the yard.

Heads are torqued, valve covers on, and working on running fuel lines and wires. Hope to swap over to the seat Enjenjo dropped off.

Dan if i remember right it was near the stock yard auction plAce.. I didnt get back by there yesterday. I had good intentions but barley pops were calling us  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Rick left just a while ago and the deck is done  and all but  waiting for the stain to dry is done. been a busy weekend..
By the way Frank it was good seeing you again but you really should shave  :shock:

Dave

Oh ya Danimal I emailed the clowns at billet proof about my car and they didnt reply so im not gonna drive up there and let em make a decision there if i can enter or not.. Isnt that next weekend? If it is i have a benefit car show to go to saturday so hell with them .. i think saturday at the local benefit for my buddy that passed away is good enuff for me ... Was good meeting you though and we liked the project .. Father son stuff is way cool...

Danimal

Thanks, Dave. Likewise.

BP is next Saturday. I expect Allan is pretty busy right now getting everything ready so he may not answer. Sorry to hear about your buddy. Enjoy the benefit. It will probably mean more to you anyway!

Kevin found the pile. It is a '53 according to the Fer Sale sign. $1500 for the pile. Doesn't even come with the snowmobile trailer it sits on! Way too much for me. Parts truck.

Back to 'what did we get done this weekend?' In addition to yesterday's adventures with Junk & Jo, today was another day of fun and games on the old truck farm.

I didn't have much to do with it but our last bred doe gave birth to twins yesterday morning. I've been bottle feeding the babies so we can milk the mom. We also have one that is very ill and should have been euthenized last week but I didn't have the heart and of course, she is doing better. But that is for the AngelGoats list, not RRT!

Oh, and one of our hens had 8 chicks. Not bad, 9 eggs and 8 chicks. I incubate about 50 eggs and am lucky to get 8 chicks out of that. Maybe I need to change the way I sit.

Randy Rigg (Von Rigg Fink of the HAMB) came over this morning and RTV'd the head bolts and torqued down the heads. While he did that, I worked on fuel line stuff. Still not quite situated but getting closer. Got lines run half way, just need to figure out the regulator and run the front half. His daughter got to check out the baby goats and chicks, so all is OK on that front as well.

Laid the wiring harness out and discovered that I really don't know what the hell I'm doing. I fed part of it through the firewall assuming it is the front portion, left the rest on the floor to figure out later!

To make sure I had everything, we broke out the Autometer 5" Speedo and Quad set. Now I see why everyone wants me to spend a ton of dough to buy their stupid billet mounts. The holes in the dash are about 6" and the gauges are 5". I took a good look at the old gauges and decided I'd make it work. I'll throw together a 'cheapskate no billet tech' post later. I took pictures and paint is drying right now so it will be done tomorrow.

Chased all the threads in the hood and the firewall. Drilled out a broken bolt in the firewall. Ran the slave for the clutch. Decided I hate the way the line is on it so we'll get another length and run it our way.

Cut off the old rotted tail lights. Removed the '54 car quarter from the rear fender since that won't be done enough for us. Cleaned up some things. Measured out for the seat swap (thanks Frank) and went to the hardware store about 5 times and NAPA twice.

I have more questions but I'll PM for those!

Time for a shower. I smell funky.

Oh, I have decided that I really don't care if it runs at BP. If I push it in place, it is good enough for me! Lucky77 got away with it last year and was a hit at Autorama this year. Maybe we'll follow that path. At least it will BE there. I have a hay baler to get ready and a tractor to get in shape. We'll have about 700 bales to harvest in the coming weeks (watching the rain!) Anybody up for it is more than welcome to play on the farm for a day or two.

Grandadeo

Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

39deluxe

I was supposed to finish planting posies and do some yard work but I watched the Dover race Sunday and dinked around in the garage in the evening. So I told the wife I'd finish the posies today. Well, I got up and went to see a buddy that gets our Eldora Prelude tickets every year and picked up the tickets. I had to drive the wife's Corvette since my car had a flat tire. She took the tire to work with her to get fixed. It had a piece of flat steel in it from out by work.

Then I got my hair cut and stopped at a buddies office to talk Corvettes. He ia looking for an early C4. After stopping at the furnisher store to appease the wife I hit the NAPA looking for some fittings. I can't figure out why their drawers are always empty. I always tell them if they would restock my life would be a lot easier. I left empty handed.

Went home and washed the Corvette. First time it was out this summer and it was dusty. I finally got to the truck. Changed out the rocker balls for some grooved ones and put on those blue stainless sanwiched gaskets. I still have to adjust the valves before I light it off so the pretty valve covers are still in their box. Got the new fan and shroud on last week and put in the Hella headlights after the new retaining rings came in.  

Tonight I mounted the radiator reservoir tank. The tank is a 1/4 inch tube and the radiator is 3/8 inch. I wish I would have seen that when I had the radiator in the shop. I would have had him change the tube in the neck to 1/4"  

I have to get a plug on that 240 wire sticking through the wall so I can fire up the mig and work on the exhaust. Getting closer.

Tom

Danimal

While washing the Corvette, did you at least give the posies a drink? :D

39deluxe

Yes I did. They were starting to droop a little. I called in to work today to see if I could start early since I wanted to be home early to get some sleep before going to Eldora. They told me that the work load was real light and I could volunteer to take the day off if I wanted. Didn't have to twist my arm.

I think I better get off the computer and go plant the posies.

Danimal

I had the opposite. I got called by the President and I needed to have a presentation to the CEO by 2 pm. I busted * and got it done and then tried to leave early and got to stay late.

The rain watered our posies for me.

Dave

Quote from: "39deluxe"Yes I did. They were starting to droop a little. I called in to work today to see if I could start early since I wanted to be home early to get some sleep before going to Eldora. They told me that the work load was real light and I could volunteer to take the day off if I wanted. Didn't have to twist my arm.

I think I better get off the computer and go plant the posies.

Eldora for the prelude to the wet dream  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Ya know that would be a hell of a race if the cars didnt have F*())NG fenders..