Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I didn't go to Indy, my mother was admited to hospital with anaphylactic shock, a severe allergy reaction, cause undetermined at this time, she is home and doing fine now.

Then last hight, severe storms moved through, including tornados, lots of damage in the area, but we all made it through fine. Of course the cable is out. :lol:

sorry about your mom frank, It rained like a son of a beach here last night, if dave didnt goto a motel and give up on the tent at the dirt track, he is wet, if he had enuff cocktails before hand he wont notice anyhow... :D  Tornando hit here about 6 miles north, Friday night, made a pretty good mess of the st johns area....

we left the track about 11pm and got home here at 12pm.. we left the tent there and my boys are bringing it back today.. It was raining inside the tent  :lol:  :lol: At least it was warm..
Dave

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I didn't go to Indy, my mother was admited to hospital with anaphylactic shock, a severe allergy reaction, cause undetermined at this time, she is home and doing fine now.

Then last hight, severe storms moved through, including tornados, lots of damage in the area, but we all made it through fine. Of course the cable is out. :lol:

sorry about your mom frank, It rained like a son of a beach here last night, if dave didnt goto a motel and give up on the tent at the dirt track, he is wet, if he had enuff cocktails before hand he wont notice anyhow... :D  Tornando hit here about 6 miles north, Friday night, made a pretty good mess of the st johns area....

we left the track about 11pm and got home here at 12pm.. we left the tent there and my boys are bringing it back today.. It was raining inside the tent  :lol:  :lol: At least it was warm..
Dave

It rained so fricken hard here, I was wondering if you rode the scooter, i seen there was a line of scooters and tents along the main drive fence, I went by about 4:20 on my way home, how much racing actually went on?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Dave

It rained so fricken hard here, I was wondering if you rode the scooter, i seen there was a line of scooters and tents along the main drive fence, I went by about 4:20 on my way home, how much racing actually went on?

they ran some mini sprints and the junk and were working on the mod heats  oh ya they got the 2 sprint heats in then came the monsoons ..  :lol:  :lol: There were about 10 bikes there and they got wet for sure :!: I left the drunks ( my boys and my buddy )and got like 40 winks in the truck after it rained on me in the tent so i was good to drive home.. In all honesty rick and I shoulda just planed on coming back here last night but we thought camping would be fun for a change ..  :lol: I did see 2 cars with boats on the westbound side of the highway on the way home and i thought they were gonna unload.. :lol:  :lol: Oh ya were you towing the car with your van? Was that you i saw ???
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

ya blue van with harley stickers, I was driving kinda slow looking for some ugly guy, wife and kids were hot as hell tho so i didn't do a drive thru...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Fuzzy

We were on our way back from Billetproof,and had to stop at the Speedway station,in Portland.One of our guys was riding a Triumph chopper,and started smoking,and blowing oil all over the place including any car behind him.Kirk Brown said he'd head home(south of G.R.)to get his truck and load up the bike.We waited at the station for him to get back,close to 2 hours.By that time,the storm hit us and we drove home to the lakeshore all the way in that storm.Before we left,Shawn checked the weather radar on his Blackberry,and the red storm line extended all the way west to Milwaukee.While we were waiting at the station,a lady drove up to us and asked for directions to I-96 Speedway.I told her head west to the Lake Odessa/I-96 Speedway exit.The ride in my buddy's 28 Model A pick-up,original body,6" wiper,no side windows,was sure an adventure.We got to the lakeshore at 11:30 p.m. I'm burnt to a crisp,but a great day.Kirk's truck took the trophy for "Best Truck".I also had the pleasure of meeting Danimal,and had a nice visit with Denise.

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

kb426

I made a brace for my bead roller. It's a Lowbuck tool from the 80's. When I get it finished I'll post a pic. It was gray and it's now "left over red". I need to find an interesting steering wheel to replace the crank and I'm done. I need to make a set of dies that duplicate the bed roll on a 32 Ford. That's this week's spare time task.
TEAM SMART

reborn55

Frank--hope your mom is doing OK.
Indy sucked on Saturday--Every time I started to head to your guys area--wife wanted to do something or someone had questions about my ragtop.  Figured I would come down and say Hi on Saturday--not.  We left Plainfield at 9 a.m. Sat. and got home at 5 p.m.  Not bad for a trip that usually takes right at 4 hours.  I-70 was closed due to flooding angd the detour took forever.  Wife says never again--Bowling Green next year.
Hope you guys all had fun

chimp koose

Ok, 2days of racing,not! We ripped a tube in one slick on saturday after our second pass. Spent all afternoon finding a replacement. We get back to the track and its a rainout.Today ,we get 1 qualifying pass and its time for eliminations.We went 4 rounds before losing . The most fun round was first round ,we were against a rear engine dragster .Our dial in was quicker! People in the stands thought it was neat to watch a station wagon run down a dragster!

enjenjo

QuoteFrank--hope your mom is doing OK

Thanks. She appears to be fine now. she has had these attacks for some time now, has eliminated several things from her diet, which seemed to get things under control. but this is the 4th episode since Jan, and no one has a clue what is causing it. More tests
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Thanks. She appears to be fine now. she has had these attacks for some time now, has eliminated several things from her diet, which seemed to get things under control. but this is the 4th episode since Jan, and no one has a clue what is causing it. More tests

Hope she keeps Benadryl on hand.
Anaphylaxis can be a bad thing!!

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

This coming weekend. I'm going on a little cruise.....weather permitting.

a buddy of mine bought 2 new Harleys within the last 3 months.
bought them from High Plains H-D in Clovis NM, about 120 miles SW of Amarillo.  he took his '08 Super Glide back yesterday for its 1000 mile service, and rode home his new Heritage Soft tail. the Super Glide is ready to pick up, so Sat. am I'm packin' * with him to Clovis, then I'm gonna ride the Super Glide back to Amarillo :shock:  );b(
but there is a catch.......we hafta ride up to Tucumcari NM 1st to a little rally there, then come to Amarillo.  'bout 400 mi round trip :-o

sucks being me.....huh :!:

p.s. he also told me that if he likes the Heritage better than the Super Glide, he'd sell me the 'glide for what he has in it 8)  8)
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"This coming weekend. I'm going on a little cruise.....weather permitting.

a buddy of mine bought 2 new Harleys within the last 3 months.
bought them from High Plains H-D in Clovis NM, about 120 miles SW of Amarillo.  he took his '08 Super Glide back yesterday for its 1000 mile service, and rode home his new Heritage Soft tail. the Super Glide is ready to pick up, so Sat. am I'm packin' * with him to Clovis, then I'm gonna ride the Super Glide back to Amarillo :shock:  );b(
but there is a catch.......we hafta ride up to Tucumcari NM 1st to a little rally there, then come to Amarillo.  'bout 400 mi round trip :-o

sucks being me.....huh :!:

p.s. he also told me that if he likes the Heritage better than the Super Glide, he'd sell me the 'glide for what he has in it 8)  8)

Buy it  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!: Well only if you like it.. all i know is the glide classic's and the ultras.. they got way to many models :!: Tucumcari eh  :?: Been there and the only thing i got to say is they got bugs big as vw's there  :x Sounds great though Vance.. Sue and I are riding tomorrow and thursday to work.. Should be good riding.. Friday im going to toledo for the supers and sprints at toledo speedway and may be stopping near the airport to pick up a new popup camper for the race weekends.. Sue wants one too for camping with the grand daughter so its all up to me on spending the money  :?:  :?:  :?: Im thinking..
Again have fun ride safe cause it hurts when ya fall off..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

river1

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"sucks being me.....huh :!:

yea but better than being dave :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Hope she keeps Benadryl on hand.
Anaphylaxis can be a bad thing!!

Vance

She has a hypo, and knows how to use it. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"sucks being me.....huh :!:

yea but better than being dave :lol:  :lol:

later jim

EASY

Dave :!: