Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

Quote from: "chimp koose"swap meet ,only one in town this year . Then bring the parts truck home,then finish stripping the van. What is a 78 chev van non-tilt column shift steering column worth these days? The engine in the van is a 25,000 mile rebuilt 2bbl. 350.

I checked my receipt for the 80 GMC van column I bought at the local yard.I paid $26 bucks w/tax.I figured that was a pretty good deal.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

phat rat

Quote from: "chimp koose"swap meet ,only one in town this year . Then bring the parts truck home,then finish stripping the van. What is a 78 chev van non-tilt column shift steering column worth these days? The engine in the van is a 25,000 mile rebuilt 2bbl. 350.

I carried one to swaps for years. I don't remember for sure but it seems like finally I used some parts off it and threw the rest away. So around my area it's not worth much. Fuzzy was your a tilt? If so nice price.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Its saturday :lol:  :lol: hoosier 100 got rained out last night but we did make it to terra haute on thursday for the holman classic :lol:  :lol:  Well worht the trip and another track off the list of things to see.. Tonite is the little 500 then home tomorrow..
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"Its saturday :lol:  :lol: hoosier 100 got rained out last night but we did make it to terra haute on thursday for the holman classic :lol:  :lol:  Well worht the trip and another track off the list of things to see.. Tonite is the little 500 then home tomorrow..
Dave

You better have pictures... :twisted:  :twisted: GRRRR... :!:

Is Sue feeling better :?:  :?:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Fuzzy

Quote from: "phat rat"

I carried one to swaps for years. I don't remember for sure but it seems like finally I used some parts off it and threw the rest away. So around my area it's not worth much. Fuzzy was your a tilt? If so nice price.

No Jack,it isn't a tilt column.Good seein' ya again at Ken's.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

EMSjunkie

Made it to Kansas.
made a quick stop by Team Smart Midwest Division. happy to report thngs are right on track there, pictures to follow  8)
picked up some goodies while I was there.

Bill, the cardboard is still firmly in place :lol:  :lol:

Over and out :roll:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Went up to Ken's this morning, met with a bunch of RRTers, and made some new friends. We tried out our new french fry cooker, worked good. Made it back home in 4 hours. $4.089 for gas.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Finally got back under the old car.

Refitted springs and mounted axle.  

Wheels now perfectly located and the WWWs on skiny rims look kinda kool, although the trial set ar too small, need about another 2 inches in height, but that's no big deal.

The other stuff that now has to happen to make it work properly is a pain.
Exhaust pipes now fould on shocks.  

Stabiliser links dont align to axle brakets.

Tailshaft is too long.

Parking brake cables are too long.

Pinion angle doesn't look right.

Aint hot roddin fun?  

Team Smart Aussie division is doin just fine thanx.

Oh well, just as well there's more weekends comin up.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: CarpsFinally got back under the old car.

Refitted springs and mounted axle.  

Wheels now perfectly located and the WWWs on skiny rims look kinda kool, although the trial set ar too small, need about another 2 inches in height, but that's no big deal.

The other stuff that now has to happen to make it work properly is a pain.
Exhaust pipes now fould on shocks.  

Stabiliser links dont align to axle brakets.

Tailshaft is too long.

Parking brake cables are too long.

Pinion angle doesn't look right.

Aint hot roddin fun?  

Team Smart Aussie division is doin just fine thanx.

Careful Carps....the way you're headed, you're closin' in on my trianglutated  4-bar  record... :?  It's in it's 5th "mock-up" form.... :oops:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Im home from over a week on the road :lol: Ill have o get my other pics in order.. met a lot of new friends and saw some great racing.. Terrible mishap
At the little 500 last night .. A track worker got hit by one of the race cars and die and im assuming he died at the track   :cry: Should of got gas in indiana for 3.999 as its 4.189 here.. These guys need guns and masks... Good to be home and my dog hasnt hardly left my side since i came in...  :!: Was a good deal at the morel in anderson but the wireless just plain sucked. I was finally able to access the net from the lobby yesterday morning.. Im sure glad it wasnt real important that i accessed it.. Im siting here watching the 500 and surfing thru my wireless system.. At least mine works..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

I've been cleaning and sorting stuff in the garage. I just watched the 500. The station broke in with storm coverage and I missed some of it. With 9 laps to go, it came back on. I'm done till tomorrow. The garage is about ready to watch me repaint the deuce in about a month. My plan is to not screw up this time.
TEAM SMART

Learpilot

Saturday, Larry (46 Ford) and I went to a Car Show in Dothan , AL.
We both got a top 30 Plaque.
It was at the VFW Post 3073. It was a benefit for the Post 3073.
THANKS GUYS !!!
Larry (NAVY) and I (AIR FORCE) are Veterans from Vietnam.

sirstude

Spent the last 3 days in the rain for our annual rod run.  Little break on Friday evening, rain the rest of the time.  We NEED the rain, just wish it could have waited until today.  Vance, Dennis finally pulled his C-cab out this weekend, and I got a couple of shots.  I will post them later when I get my camera in the house.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

I painted the new lower shock mounts for the roadster then sue finally got home from shopping .. seems meijers (spelling) didnt think our checks were good.. I may have to stop and see the manager this week and tell him how much i used to like shopping there..  :wink: I pulled the bop top off the roadster and off we went :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I thought i got sun burned the other day in indiana  8) Sweet ride some good food and were back home.. I spent an hour or so on the deck just chillin.. :lol: The roadster gets great mileage and ill check it here in the near future.. Nest good weather and were on the harley!
Dave :lol:  :arrow:

alchevy

Terra & I got married on Saturday, May 24th. We are in Pensacola, FL. Having a huge reception with a car theme on May 31st.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com