Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Going on a road trip with my 14yr old son. We are going to visit the location where they film the show Corner Gas. We are driving" Mater " our '65 ford 1/2 ton . This should be a blast.

Dave

Quote from: "wayne petty"
if i get done what i want to the van... i am planning on taking my camera to the dry lake......

just my 2 cents....

waynep@servsite.com

Hummmm. that must be a pretty big camera if you need the van to haul it  :?:
Dave :lol:  :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "wayne petty"
if i get done what i want to the van... i am planning on taking my camera to the dry lake......

just my 2 cents....

waynep@servsite.com

Hummmm. that must be a pretty big camera if you need the van to haul it  :?:
Dave :lol:  :lol:

Careful Davie....If he's taking it to the lakes it's prolly LOTS faster than your camera... :P  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

sorry to dissapoint....  but i could not get to the van today... so no trip to the dry lake...

next time...

i wonder if roger gates or monte wolfe still show up.????

phat rat

I made a new purchase yesterday. Went to a farm auction and bought a complete 26/27 T touring body. Also picked up a couple of other little things, pair of artillery wheels and a 24/25 T cowl piece w/windshield frame. I'm going to switch the frt passenger door of the touring with the one on my modified project then sell the touring body. While I was loading it a guy came up to me who had a NOS (he claimed) frt/rear seat divider for one. I was going to watch my grandson drag race after the auction and on the way home from the races I stopped and bought the piece from the guy.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

My younger sister graduated from college this spring, so we drove down to Bloomington in. for her graduation party. Got home late last night, today, yard work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I took the deuce to a car show 50 miles away, friday night, road the bike to Atwood, (180 mies one way) for a real nice car show yesterday and today I'm putting more insulation on the firewall and doing yard work.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Im Just out side of Cincy.. Did 2 days of indy qualifying and we did make it to Salem speedway for the winged spring show.. Kinda funny the pole sitter was from michigan and the car that won thw a main was a guy that runs the michigan auto value series out of canada but he had a guy from indiana running it ? Ill have to dig deeper into that one. I expect both of em to be in anderson for the little 500 but we shall see.. Oh ya bump day was great and good to see enuff cars for bumping.. Tomorrow im going on into cincy and meet Joshua Shaw and were gonna see his shop and his dads and then were suposed to go to a place thats restoring old indy cars.. Ill have my camera.. This should be fun..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

reborn55

Got the front end of ragtop squared away--what a difference--pleasure to drive--took it to cruise last night--was almost  fun--gonna make someone a nice car.  Wife came home early from helping her parents.  Honey do stuff done today.  tomorrow ragtop goes in for intall fo snaps for top boot.  Getting close.  have a great week all.

39deluxe

I watched some of bump day on TV then my wife dragged me to Ft. Wayne shopping. I got a steak dinner so I'm not complaining too much. Since my weekend is Sunday/Monday I still have tomorrow to accomplish something meaningful. I tricked her into mowing Saturday so I don't have to even think about that now.

Tom

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"I took the deuce to a car show 50 miles away, friday night, road the bike to Atwood, (180 mies one way) for a real nice car show yesterday and today I'm putting more insulation on the firewall and doing yard work.

Garden City?  Liberal?

How's that insulation working out for ya :?:

I'll be heading your way this weekend, you gonna be around??

prolly won't bring the Coupe, gas bein' what is is :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

alchevy

Several of my friends went to a car show on Saturday, I had to miss it because my niece was graduating from high school. They said there were 148 cars there. Last year was the first year for this car show and they had hoped for about 20 cars and got 80. So this year they almost doubled it.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

sirstude

We have our annual run that the club puts on coming up this weekend.  As usual, rain in the forecast.  I hope I get the Impala back together by then, but I might be a spectator.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

EMSjunkie

I'm headed to Kansas.
gonna go see Mom, get some of her good 'ole home cookin' 8)  :D

also gonna try and stop in and check on the Midwest Division of Team Smart  :roll:  maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get a ride in the "Mean Green Machine" :idea:  :-o  :wink:  :wink: and possible pick up some spare parts );b(

y'all be safe, have a great, fun-filled weekend :P>

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

chimp koose

swap meet ,only one in town this year . Then bring the parts truck home,then finish stripping the van. What is a 78 chev van non-tilt column shift steering column worth these days? The engine in the van is a 25,000 mile rebuilt 2bbl. 350.