Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I spent the day tearing Sharon's new HHR apart.  We have an appointment to take it in for some custom paint work and I'm saving some money removing all the junk off the car so they can just prep and paint.

UGLY OLDS

I took Mrs. Ugly out for the traditional garden flower & vegetable plant purchase yesterday instead of today due to the cruddy weather..(My buying everything for the gardens is an annual Mothers Day thing ) ..Took her out to breakfast this AM..Been working on the Model A chassis pretty hard this week..Accomplished very little except making my back declare war on my legs...Walking is going to be an issue for a few days....Found another thing I cannot do... :?  Laying on my back on a creeper...Bent my legs to use my feet to push me around..( Normal creeper operation) ..After Elvis went by, I tried to sit up & saw him go by the other way....YEOW  :!:  :shock:  Looks like no more creepers for me....

Vance ...I don't think you have the correct understanding of getting "Stoned": ... :roll:  :roll:  Be careful with that Vicodin..I had a good buddy warn me about it once.. :wink:

Bob....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carps

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I took Mrs. Ugly out ....

With a statement like that, I'm surprised you didn't get to ride in an ambulance.   :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Well, the Buick wagon went to the body shop today. I have been two months trying to get the engine compartment ready for the new engine, I was not motavated. So My buddy is going to get it done in his shop, and I can just stick the new engine back in it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Its friday and im headed for indiana sometime after work. I am leaving an hour early today.. We have to drop off a dog in Ft Wayne and ive got to stop at the outlet mall just south of the michigan line and grab a pair of shoes on the way thru.. after we drop the mutt off were gonna find a room for the night and grab some dinner. Saturday i plan on being at the indy speedway fairly early for qualifying day.. I need to check weather too. Then were heading to salem in the afternoon for the sprint car race if the weather holds.. Sunday back to indy for bump day. Monday ill be in Cincinnati with camera in hand. Top secret visit more at a later date.. Ill have the laptop with me so ill be around prolly in the mornings.. The rest of the week is divided between anderson indiana and wherever we land with the exception of for sure again wx permitting being at the fairgrounds in indy for the hoosier 100 friday evening.. This is gonna be a fun week ............
Dave
:wink:  :arrow:  :ha)  );b(

EMSjunkie

I'm gonna try to stay outta the hospital :-o

I've had my share of pokin' and proddin' in areas that should'nt be poked and prodded :evil:

doing much better, finally got the stent out yesterday, that was a new adventure in pain :x  :x
was conscious during the whole process, even got a "play-by-play" from the Dr. as he was "violating" me :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"I'm gonna try to stay outta the hospital :-o

I've had my share of pokin' and proddin' in areas that should'nt be poked and prodded :evil:

doing much better, finally got the stent out yesterday, that was a new adventure in pain :x  :x
was conscious during the whole process, even got a "play-by-play" from the Dr. as he was "violating" me :shock:

Vance

Dave

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Vance

Dave

Yessir.......Xtra fat :oops:
your the poop, Dave-O :!:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I took Mrs. Ugly out for the traditional garden flower & vegetable plant purchase yesterday instead of today due to the cruddy weather..(My buying everything for the gardens is an annual Mothers Day thing ) ..Took her out to breakfast this AM..Been working on the Model A chassis pretty hard this week..Accomplished very little except making my back declare war on my legs...Walking is going to be an issue for a few days....Found another thing I cannot do... :?  Laying on my back on a creeper...Bent my legs to use my feet to push me around..( Normal creeper operation) ..After Elvis went by, I tried to sit up & saw him go by the other way....YEOW  :!:  :shock:  Looks like no more creepers for me....

Bob....

I though i was the only guy that had come up with that idea. Mothers day  is the 11th, my wifes B-day was the 13th, and our anniversary (32yrs) is the 23rd of May. i have been taking her to get plants and flowers for many years for M day and B day, anniversary is for both of us so i get to take us both out to dinner that day....at a place (expensive) that she picks... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Only this year i was in N.Carolina on Mothers day with wife AND my Mother so i got to take both of them to dinner, oh yeah the kids came along too...the tab was only $175, but that did include the tip!!!   :roll:

jaybee

Going to Iowa Speedway to watch the cars go around this weekend.  ASA and pickups on Saturday, Busch East/West on Sunday.  Stop by my car at dinner time and I'll grill some dogs!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

reborn55

Was supposed to go to a weekend cruise/show--but wifes father broke his arm and she went to help her parents.  That leaves me all alone with the dog.  Replaced lower control arm bushing on the ragtop.  Found the caliper bracket mounting studs loose and had to retorque them.  I must be getting really old--Don't believe I missed tehse items when I had it up in the air so many times in the past.  Anyway rides and drives al whole lot better now.  supposed to b nice tomorrow--so top goes down and off to local cruise.  Then home to clean the house for wife.  
Vance hope you get better soon.  Need all the good EMT's out there saving lives.

UGLY OLDS

Vance

Be thankful he didn't invite those nurse's you had the "Doe-See-Doe"  with a few years back.... :shock:  :shock: ..  I keep telling ya...Ya got the wrong idea about gettin' "stoned".... :P  :P

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

if i can get a little while to work on my driver ... 460 ford van... i want to go to el mirage on saturday..  maybe sunday..  i wanted to take the corolla... but i ran into a small problem....  the head got too much removed when it got surfaced...  the exhaust valves now hit the top of the pistons...   i found this out as i was slowly turning the motor over with a 10mm wrench on the alternator shaft..
the motor just stopped...  i backed it off... tryed it again... ... i slacked off the exhaust ajusters... tripple checked the belt timing...  nope still hits...

i called around to get a shim gasket.. they are   available... but out in mississippi... a few days away...   i think i will put a shallow pocket in the top of the pistons...  then use the old lump of clay...  i just wish i had not cleaned out the junk box as i had a spare 4AC piston in there..  that would tell me how much i could take out....  without getting into air...  i did a bunch of porting and opened up and smoothed the chambers to try to make up for the amount of surfacing...

if i get done what i want to the van... i am planning on taking my camera to the dry lake......

just my 2 cents....

waynep@servsite.com

Grandadeo

Quote from: "wayne petty"

if i get done what i want to the van... i am planning on taking my camera to the dry lake......

just my 2 cents....

waynep@servsite.com

Wayne, Haven't made it to El Mirage in years.  Take lots of pix.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Leon

going out to El Mirage in the morning, I've got patrol duty at tower side #10.  We'll be in the white pickup with Orange stripes down the middle.