Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Final got the WWWs fitted to my steelies and test fitted them.  Up front they are perfect.  However, at the rear, they sit neatly under the fenders and highlight something I've known was wrong since I attached the fenders.  So far nobody else has noticed because the 60s style sticky out tyres kinda disguises it.  Unfortunately the new wheels and tyres make it plainly obvious that the rear axle is about an inch too far back in the chassis.

Soooo, the old gal is now on stands with no rear springs.  Easier job than I anticipated.  Hopefully it won't take too long for the spring guy to fix 'em and I'll have it all back together very soon.

Meanwhile, I did finish striping another cabinet door.

Then I got a challenge from the model car club, seems the '62 gasser wars are starting up again and there's a trophy and bragging rights up for grabs.  So the rusty '34 has been pushed aside to make some working space in the garage.....

Podering the rules I figured on a formula I think should work.  Gasser must have factory body work and since fibreglass is lighter than steel I figure a Corvette should do the job.  I found a '55 tthat qualifies as pre '62, it's light and has a long wheelbase which out to help the handling and weight transfer.

To make it go hard, I'll be using a blown and injected 392 Hemi and drivetrain that's been well proven, running regular low 8s in another car.  Should get the 'Vette into the 9s easily.

We'll show them Willys boys a thang or three.  ;)
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

kb426

Carps, I like your work.  I fixed a small exhaust leak on the deuce yesterday and serviced all the bikes. Had time to mow the yard and drink a beer. The weather may be too good to work today so one of the bikes may have to go exploring.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Cleaned my shed yesterday and im working on the garage (time to toss stuff) and i went for a roadster ride. 34 degrees when i got up so im not going out till maybe a lot later if i decide to ride around a while..  I have a couple other projects in planning stage also..
Dave

Fuzzy

When I got my Dodge,a set of steel skirts came along with it.He said they were for the car,but they were Plymouth.The wheel opening isn't even close between the two.The lower edge of the fender needed work anyway,so I started with my plan to flush mount the skirts.I cut a piece of steel with the same profile from my parts car.It still needs a bunch of work,but I think it will turn out ok.Yeah,I know,the top chop isn't done yet.I'm working on other stuff until my buddy can free up some time to give me a hand.
No billet for this kid!

kb426

Fuzzy, good progress. I rewired the regulator/rectifier on my road bike. It now has enough voltage. Boxed up some stuff I sold for ups and cleaned up the deuce a little. Working is getting in the way of playing.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"Fuzzy, good progress. I rewired the regulator/rectifier on my road bike. It now has enough voltage. Boxed up some stuff I sold for ups and cleaned up the deuce a little. Working is getting in the way of playing.

looks good Fuzzy.. Bill I had another guy stop on the way thru to look at the roadster.. Loved it but wanted to know if id finish paint it and wasnt really concerned with the money part . I told him id rather not.. He will call if he is interested and the dog just loved the ride up to mickey dee's to meet him..  Guess I didnt pay the schill bidders enuff to sell the *  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ... Got the garage almost all cleaned .. After working on the shed i decided the stuff was easier to get a hold of in the shed than crawling up in the top of the garage.. Next im making an axle and putting pneumatic tires on my cherry picker so i can wheel it to the shed for storage.. Hope to have that done this week..  other than that i watched the ARCA race and drag racing is on now..
Dave
ps: every time i drive the roadster i have second thoughts about selling it..

msuguydon

Got some new hub caps on the Tuna Boat

Also got my dump tubes installed..Took it to a buddies house who has all the tools and a lift, man is nice to work on the car when you have a lift.

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

Looks good DON>> Ya a hoist is a nice piece of equipment. id like one too but unless i sell the roadster and add on to the garage it aint gonna happen..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

reborn55

Went to O'reilly nationals at Gateway Saturday--one word--AWESOME.  First time at a pro meet.  Wife and I both had a great time--one small problem--it was * cold.  We sat 12 rows up on the starting line--needles to say the first time the top fuelers took off it was quite and experience.  I knew that John Force was an icon--wife and I both like him, but I didn't realize just how much he was liked.  He didn't qualify till the last round and got a standing ovation on the way back to the staging lanes.  Everytime he showed up he got a wound of applause.  We did get his autograph.  Love him or hate him he does make NHRA what it is.
Back to reality on Sunday--work on ragtop, friends car, mow the yard and then work this morning.  Oh well--such is life

UGLY OLDS

Neat accessary's Don...Looks Good....Too good to go to Florida.. :lol:  Like Barney, I too would have to build a garage "addition" to install a lift..My buddy installed one after "modifying" his garage ceiling...He built a finished "box" into the ceiling above the lift .. :idea:  When you put a car up in the air , the roof & widow area go "into the attic" so to speak.. :shock:   Works GREAT...Now you got somethin' else to add to your "home search" in Florida...12 or 14 foot high garage ceiling height...   "Back-Yard Buddy" ..Send me a REYED  one.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
 Hey....Your buddy's got a haircut just like mine  :!:  :-o

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Well the truck is in pieces, and ready to get stashed in the barn. Lots of good parts on this one.

One more to go, another pickup for parts.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"this weekend will clean up the convertible from last weekend trip to the Bunny Run.  Met Al and his camera shy lady friend.  Very nice lady--lucky guy.  

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!
She's is now my fiancee. I proposed to her on April 30th. Now we are in the planning stage. She loves cars as much as I do (I am practicing those last two words together). She came up with an idea to have a car themed reception or a cruise-in reception. I like that idea very much.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

reborn55

CONGRATUALTIONS---Best of luck to both of you.

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.