Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

CONGRATUALTIONS   :!:  :!:  That's the best news I've seen here for quite a spell.....Best of luck to you  guys  :!:  :D  :D

Bob.....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

alchevy

Thanks,
I told her that it's going to look interesting to see the '40 Chevy at a car show with a "Just Married" sign hanging in the back window and also the "For Sale" sign in another window. Folks will probably say that she is making him sell his car, but she isn't! She would love for me to keep it. If it sells, then we will build a '48 Chevy Pickup together. If it doesn't sell, then we will just keep on enjoying it.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Carps

Well, I was going to refit the rear springs in the old car to get the axle located perfectly, but that was before I slipped on the front step at the local newsagency.  Busted a bone in my foot, so now rolling around on the garage floor is on hold for a few days.   :cry:

The upside is I'm off the hook for mowing and about the only thing can be done sitting down is model car building.  Although it's not so tough standing up, so I can do some striping too.   :)
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that Peter. The wife did that last year walking across the yard. She seemed to heal ok, but watch out, it made her Boobs bigger. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I built a trailer today. Pickup truck bed and frame with a cut down house trailer axle under it. Wire the brakes and lights, and it's done.

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"Sorry to hear that Peter. The wife did that last year walking across the yard. She seemed to heal ok, but watch out, it made her Boobs bigger. :shock:

Thanx Frank, just what I needed to know.   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Hummmm Moose the car looks good.. I did something yesterday that i normally dont do..  I took Sue out for breakfast  :?: You never see me  sitting in dennys eating breakfast at quarter to 11 on a saturday especially one as nice as yesterday :?: .. We then came home and i went after the garage some more on my cleaning re arranging project..  I missed the coldwater show too and they have on of the few swaps i like but they changed the dates to friday and saturday instead of saturday and sunday  :?: .. While i was working in the garage i watched indy qfying.. Cant wait till next friday when we head south to indy.. About 3pm i headed to Dexter and picked up my oldest and my old race buddy and we went to Flint and watched the Auto Value Super Sprints.. Only 15 cars showed when they expected 20-23 but it was good racing and the food sucked :lol: ...  I was surprised the Colorado got pretty good mileage.. Havent checked it for sure but running 70 with the cruise on helped it a lot.. Lets see its sunday and i have no plans yet.  Im gonna see what the weather does and ill prolly watch qfying at indy again and fool around in the garage cause it looks like rain.
Dave

EMSjunkie

I spent wed. thru sat. in the hospital :x

tried to give birth to a kidney stone :shock:
couldn't pass it on my own......so the Dr. had to go fishin' :evil:

but I'm home now, and got some REAL GOOD pain meds :D

as Bill Engval said "Hello Mr. Vicodin" :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"I spent wed. thru sat. in the hospital :x

tried to give birth to a kidney stone :shock:
couldn't pass it on my own......so the Dr. had to go fishin' :evil:

but I'm home now, and got some REAL GOOD pain meds :D

as Bill Engval said "Hello Mr. Vicodin" :lol:  :lol:

Vance

Get well buddy..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

reborn55

Got the ragtop out and took some pictures of it to further enhance some ads I am placing.  Put a/c compressor on a grand prix and finally got the 55 out and took it for a spin.  With both cars out of the garage--cleaned it a bit.  Can at least see the floor now.  Went to the hospital to visit buddy who had heart attack 2 weeks ago and hasn't recuped yet--Think he is getting worse.  He has got more meds going into him than I have ever seen before.  Today--strong winds and dodging treee debris all over the place--little time to play in garage before work week starts.

kb426

I made a door window channel. I had a part of an original to copy from. Really wasn't a big deal. Getting hands inside the door to install is kinda fun. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"I made a door window channel. I had a part of an original to copy from. Really wasn't a big deal. Getting hands inside the door to install is kinda fun. :lol:

Had my hands inside the youngest daughters right rear door today.. Lectric motor quit so i had to go get a new one and install it. Nother 50 bucks outta my wallet and im not happy.. Dumb *,,,, drive the grand kid around with a window that wont close :?:  I keep fixin stuff she aint goinna have much of a stimulus check left :!: Free days are over.. Maybe she should take the rest of the money and get bill counseling.. ?
Dave :arrow:

reborn55

Most important thing this weekend was taking the wife to dinner for Mother's Day.  How about you guys. :wink:

enjenjo